Marking the 20th anniversary of the partnership between EA Sports and the PGA Tour, this year's Tiger Woods PGA Tour
iteration will not feature Tiger Woods prominently on the cover. Instead they are focusing on the first time inclusion of the Augusta National course, where the Masters
Peter Moore, president of EA Sports, was quoted about the inclusion of August National as saying:
For more than a decade, the Masters Tournament has been the most requested and coveted feature for the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR franchise among our fans. Pairing the number one golf video game franchise with the most prestigious golf tournament in the world is a perfect marriage and we’re thrilled to bring our fans this exciting opportunity to experience Augusta National Golf Club like never before.
New features and enhancements in Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12
– Play through memorable, historic moments as players try to measure up against some of the sport’s greatest legends.Tiger at the Masters
– Relive each of Tiger’s four wins at the Masters by attempting to equal or beat his scores in each round of the Tournament.The Caddie Experience
– Behind every great golfer is a trusted and reliable caddie. Players will have a caddie by their side on every swing, providing strategic advice, from shot selection to reading greens, helping them become a more successful golfer.The Closest Thing to Being There
– For the first time ever, EA SPORTS™ utilized a new state-of-the art laser scanning technology at Augusta National Golf Club to laser scan every hole featured in the game. This will provide players with the most authentic digital representation of the Tournament and Par 3 courses. Every tree, every azalea and every undulation in every green was recreated down to the smallest detail.Broadcast Presentation
– Feel the emotion of every swing as called by the all-new commentary team of Jim Nantz and David Feherty, who headline a completely revamped TV broadcast presentation package.Career Mode
– The all-new career mode will closely mirror the journey of an amateur golfer’s rise through the ranks and chase the title of Masters champion.New Players
– Over 20 professional golfers to choose from, including Zach Johnson (2007 Masters Champion) and Bubba Watson (2010 Ryder Cup – Team USA).Championship Courses
– Take on the best of the best on sixteen of the world’s most celebrated courses, including Augusta National Golf Club, Royal Melbourne Golf Club (Australia), Atlanta Athletic Club, TPC San Antonio, St Andrews Links and Pebble Beach Golf Links. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters
will be available in North America on March 29, 2011 and worldwide on April 1.
Box art and screen-shots of the Augusta National course below: