Last November, we reported
on the announcement of a new Kinect-compatible, fitness-orientated fighting game, titled UFC: Personal Trainer
. Since the initial press release, details on the title have been sketchy at best!
Today, THQ has looked to put an end to the vague marketing approach which has been taken so far. The publisher has done so by releasing a plethora of new information about the title.
There's quite a bit to get through, so let's get started!
Inspired by the previous games in the franchise, namely UFC Undisputed 2009
and UFC Undisputed 2010
, UFC: Personal Trainer
will attempt to get players in shape using gruelling training methods, which have been developed by experts. The gameplay features are described in greater depth, below:PRODUCT OVERVIEW:
Set personal goals and achieve real results with an unparalleled mixed martial arts (MMA) fitness program designed by the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) and leading MMA training experts. UFC Personal Trainer provides players with an extensive assortment of effective and challenging MMA-inspired exercises, in both pre-set and customizable routines, to build strength, increase endurance, burn calories and get results. Personalized instruction and tips from the MMA trainers guide players to stay motivated, get fit and track their goals with a helpful in-game journal. In addition, the game’s Ultimate Training Mode enables players to participate in high impact agility drills, with opportunities to earn rewards and have fun with friends in a competitive, multiplayer environment.
• AUTHENTIC UFC FITNESS EXPERIENCE – Designed by NASM with support from leading by leading MMA training experts Mark DellaGrotte, Greg Jackson and Javier Mendez, UFC Personal Trainer will deliver a challenging and motivating UFC fitness experience that includes the best and most effective exercises utilized by today’s renowned UFC fighters.
• INTENSE MIXED MARTIAL ARTS EXERCISES – Learn over 70 MMA and NASM-approved exercises, including moves from disciplines such as wrestling, kickboxing and Muay Thai, that are designed to improve strength, endurance and conditioning through use in a variety of routines. Each in-game routine is specialized to target specific muscle groups, as well as factor individual skill levels and fitness goals.
• CUSTOMIZABLE WORKOUT ROUTINES – Focus on specific fitness objectives by building personalized routines with up to 12 different exercises. Each custom routine can also be modified to increase or decrease intensity of the game’s pre-set pace, enabling players to fully maximize their training experiences based on individual preferences.
• PERSONALIZED TRAINING TOOLS – Receive additional guidance and encouragement throughout the fitness journey by choosing a goal and working with an MMA trainer for personalized instruction. Players will learn MMA-inspired exercises, as well as authentic training techniques and healthy lifestyle choices, enabling them to burn calories, build strength, lose weight and meet goals through a comprehensive fitness experience.
• ULTIMATE TRAINING MODE – Hit the mitts against several popular UFC fighters with a variety of challenging rhythm and timing-based agility drills that utilize punching and kicking sequences. Players can unlock a variety of different drills to earn rewards, each with increasing difficulty, as well as compete against friends and issue challenges in a multiplayer environment.
• DEDICATED PROGRAM SYSTEM – Focusing on three distinct target goals – losing weight, building strength and improving performance – players may select a pre-set 30 or 60-day program that best meets their fitness needs. The selected program populates the in-game calendar with daily routines for players to follow, as well as tracks user performance.
• PROGRESS TRACKING AND MOTIVATIONAL SUPPORT – An in-game journal enables players to view a comprehensive calendar of their fitness activities, including specific routines, time management and more. The calendar continuously tracks progress and provides recommendations to help players meet their desired results.
Next, we have a bundle of screenshots and a reveal trailer to showcase the action which gamers can expect from the forthcoming title.
Danny Bilson, Executive VP of Core Games at THQ, believes the new title will encourage gamers to get fit:UFC Personal Trainer delivers an authentic UFC fitness experience that is both fun and challenging while providing an intense workout... With the help of NASM and its Optimum Performance Training™ model, as well as the expertise of renowned MMA trainers Mark DellaGrotte, Greg Jackson and Javier Mendez, we are developing an original, high impact product that will help people around the world set and achieve their personal fitness goals
UFC President Dana White had the following to say about the partnership with THQ: We are excited to join forces with THQ on the development of UFC Personal Trainer... We want to give fans the opportunity to train like their favorite UFC athletes, and this product will enable people around the world to learn and utilize exercises to get real results
Developed by Heavy Iron Studios, UFC: Personal Trainer
was originally scheduled for release in January this year. The title's release is now slated as June 2011.