Kaos Studios has announced the first DLC pack for Homefront
. The "Fire Sale" map pack includes two new multiplayer maps that will "carry you further into the heart of a war torn and twisted America".
At the same time, there will also be an 870 Express Shotgun released, although it is unclear whether this will be in the form of a separate piece of DLC. Also, as a token of gesture to thank gamers who have supported Homefront
despite the initial problems, Kaos are also releasing a free Premium Homefront Theme.
Players may have noticed that they will have needed to download another title update over the last couple of days. The game's official forums
has listed the improvements that were included in the patch:
• Assist points for vehicle kills
• Rank Resets
• Game returns to MP menu instead of Main Menu after leaving a match
• Max ping limits for server connections (prevent connections to distant servers)
• Game freeze & hitching
• Joining Friends feature
• Beacon errors
• Party Connectivity
• Various other fixes
After you have downloaded the patch, you may notice that an "Ability Pack" has now become available. This pack will add some perks to your character when you play a multiplayer mode:
• Ice Cold: Invisible on thermal views and airstrike sensors
• Situational Awareness: Enemy gamertag appears when shot
• EMP Tactician: Deal more damage vs EMP’d vehicles
• Short Fuse: Reduced cook time on frag grenades
• Bomb Suit: Take less damage from explosives
The "Fire Sale" pack, 870 Express Shotgun and Premium Homefront Theme are due to be released on June 7th. A price has not been confirmed for the shotgun or the map pack; the theme will be free.