Have you ever fancied trying out a wingsuit, but thought that flinging yourself off a mountain might be too much for your sense of self-preservation? Maybe you've watched so many Youtube videos of people face-planting the floor whilst free-running that you consider the sport too risky to try for yourself. Well, have we got the game for you.
Ubisoft's Motion Sports: Adrenaline
will allow players to take part in eight extreme sports / activities from the relative safety of their own home. The game will place you in such far-flung locations as the peaks of the Himalayas, or the waterfalls of the Amazon. Here are the game's main features:
Feel the Exhilaration
• Gain fame and notoriety by mastering 8 extreme and dangerous sports:
--- Rock climbing
--- Extreme Ski
--- Extreme Trampoline
• Travel the world and discover 8 awesome and unique locations increasingly perilous, influenced by the real world, which fully utilize the power of the Xbox 360 and PS3
• High-energy licensed soundtrack
Multiplayer at the Heart
• Party Mode keeps up to 4 players involved by delivering a wealth of challenges, like races, relays and trick trails
• Use collectable items to affect your opponents, for example use water bombs to slow and disorient them
• Choose to compete against or co-operate with your friends and family.
You against the World (Online)
• Online features delivered seamlessly and by default during gameplay
• The courses are populated by recorded performances of your online friends
• Automatically take on and set online challenges with your friends as you participate in each event
Intuitive Motion Control
• Intuitive control is just what you’d expect from sports like these, but with an extra layer of fun attached which requires uninhibited motion and distinct gestures from the player.
The trailer seems like a live action teaser at first, but the gameplay footage does start appearing at 0:32.
Motion Sports Adrenaline
is due to be released in October 2011.