: It appears that the fixes for Battlefield 3
will be coming to the final version and that no patch is actually being applied to the current beta. Iif you're still experiencing issues, just be sure to report them to DICE so the final version will be in the best shape possible!
Thanks to all who pointed this out!Original Story
As you are surely aware by now, the Battlefield 3
beta is available for free to Xbox LIVE Gold subscription members. The purpose of a beta test is to gauge server stress and performance, identify in game issues, refine weapons balancing and gather feedback on bugs that have slipped through the alpha test.
Based upon the feedback of the Xbox LIVE community, a number of fixes have been applied to the open beta to address some of the issues reported so far. Here's the extensive, though not exhaustive, list of changes that are now live:
* Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.
* Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.
* Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.
* Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.
* Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art.
* A subtle low health screen effect has been added.
* Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.
* Tweaked the Rank progression.
* Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.
* Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times.
* Framerate stability fixes.
* The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target’s visibility. Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active.
* Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates.
* Non working options in squad menu fixed: "Private" flag and "Switch Teams.
It's a wide ranging list, from small niggles being addressed to larger issues such as the variable frame rate some players were experiencing. DICE are requesting that people continue to provide feedback via the Battlelog forums
so they may catch as many issues as possible.