UFC Undisputed 3 Knocks You Out This February

UFC Undisputed 3 Knocks You Out This February

Now with 100% more PRIDE

Written by Dog of Thunder on 04 November 11 at 15:06

UFC Undisputed 3 was originally given a January release window by publisher THQ but now they changed their minds and February 14th is the new release date for North America. Nothing says Valentine's Day like MMA.

One of the new features in UFC Undisputed 3 is the PRIDE Mode, which lets you utilize fighters from the premier Japanese MMA league, PRIDE. What makes PRIDE different from the UFC? Well, a lot of things, but the most noticeable rule difference regards strikes to the head, which in PRIDE are not only allowed, but encouraged as fighters are never completely safe and should never let their guard down in an attempt to mimic real-life fighting situations.

Here's a short video showcasing PRIDE, which while it has no gameplay, is still a cool showcase for a different take on MMA.



We also have some screens showing off the PRIDE fighting action.

External image

External image

External image

External image

External image

External image


If that is still not enough MMA for you, we have a lot of videos for you to go back and gorge yourself upon.

UFC Undisputed 3 will be out in North America on February 14th. The January 13th date is still listed for the UK, but that is subject to change in the near future.
AuthorMessage
Posted on 04 November 11 at 15:13, Edited on 04 November 11 at 15:15 by
Shogun, Hendo, Nogueira, Cro Cop, Wand...need I say more?


The biggest differences are kicks/stomps/knees to a downed opponent. No elbows to a downed opponent and a more efficient, albeit still flawed, judging system. Oh...yeah...who can forget El Guapo?
Removal of the eyes, gives my heart a sudden chill.
Dilhack
72,275
Dilhack - Taking a break from completionism...just temporary I'm sure...
72,275 TrueAchievement Points107 posts
Last post: 12 Aug at 01:18
Posted on 04 November 11 at 15:13
Apparently they couldn't get Takiyama - but I like the Don Frye punch out reference screenshot :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa87RHY7xzI

I miss PRIDE so much - UFC is so overhyped and stupid...Dana White has ruined it like Don King ruined boxing.
Posted on 04 November 11 at 15:16
Dilhack said:Apparently they couldn't get Takiyama - but I like the Don Frye punch out reference screenshot :-)
link hidden

I miss PRIDE so much - UFC is so overhyped and stupid...Dana White has ruined it like Don King ruined boxing.
facepalm
Removal of the eyes, gives my heart a sudden chill.
ii DEMIGODz
227,798
ii DEMIGODz - Xbox. MMA. Judo. Death Metal.
TrueAchievement Site Rank: 7,286 out of 249,530227,798 TrueAchievement Points228 posts
Last post: 12 Aug at 20:58
Posted on 04 November 11 at 15:26
Dilhack said:I miss PRIDE so much - UFC is so overhyped and stupid...Dana White has ruined it like Don King ruined boxing.Uhhh, what? Give it up man.

I'm excited to use Shogun in some PRIDE rules though, for sure.
DrShoe1976
195,219
DrShoe1976
195,219 TrueAchievement Points1,438 posts
Last post: 25 Aug at 22:34
Posted on 04 November 11 at 15:52
I watched UFC 138 and the ring had the games logo, with the date listed as Feb 14th, so I suspected something was up. There's no way Europe will get this in Jan - booooooooo!
TitaniumNinja16
62,349 TrueAchievement Points18 posts
Last post: 13 Aug 13 at 20:48
Posted on 04 November 11 at 16:12
Really excited for this game!! They've made huge improvements from each installment. And now there's a Pride mode =o. This game is going to be a definate buy, my gf can wait another week to go out >=D
THEpaynexkiller - Back home. Done achievement hunting. Streak ended at 114 days or so (every day I lived with my girlfriend.)
Achievement Completion Percentage: 95.39% (Includes owned DLC) - 32 more achievements required to reach 96%183,754 TrueAchievement Points377 posts
Last post: 05 Aug at 23:39
Posted on 04 November 11 at 16:53
Fucking awesome. Really, Really awesome.
The new and improved.
nightstorm56
104,366
nightstorm56 - 03/05/13 - Been busy today. HAHAHAHAHA!
104,366 TrueAchievement Points96 posts
Last post: 19 Aug at 19:29
Posted on 04 November 11 at 17:13
It says above:
"Here's a short video showcasing PRIDE, which while it has no gameplay, is still a cool showcase for a different take on MMA."

If you watch until the end, it has a little bit of gameplay action, lol.

Still looks great.
blkalleykat
5,624 posts
Last post: 11 Jun 12 at 12:11
Posted on 04 November 11 at 18:00
I like that last pic. No way your putting your foot in my face buddy
DrFokePhD
67,652
DrFokePhD - etc. and so forth...
67,652 TrueAchievement Points159 posts
Last post: 20 Aug at 12:21
Posted on 04 November 11 at 18:26
CoMANdo DOOM said:Shogun, Hendo, Nogueira, Cro Cop, Wand...need I say more?


The biggest differences are kicks/stomps/knees to a downed opponent. No elbows to a downed opponent and a more efficient, albeit still flawed, judging system. Oh...yeah...who can forget El Guapo?
Also the steroids they are allowed to do in Japansmile
Posted on 04 November 11 at 18:30, Edited on 04 November 11 at 18:30 by
DrFokePhD said:CoMANdo DOOM said:Shogun, Hendo, Nogueira, Cro Cop, Wand...need I say more?


The biggest differences are kicks/stomps/knees to a downed opponent. No elbows to a downed opponent and a more efficient, albeit still flawed, judging system. Oh...yeah...who can forget El Guapo?
Also the steroids they are allowed to do in Japansmile
Cause you have solid evidence that they've done them? smile
Removal of the eyes, gives my heart a sudden chill.
VulcanianTomcat - Keep an Eye out for my new movie TOOLS, deets on the 1st trailer soon!!!
90,054 TrueAchievement PointsTrueAchievement Ratio: 1.489469 posts
Last post: 08 May 13 at 17:53
Posted on 04 November 11 at 18:30
In the last pic, do you think it is Kevin Randelman? It would be awesome if they got licenses for old school PRIDE guys like Gary Goodridge, Fujita, Coleman, Frye and that big Japenese guy with the bleach blonde hair whome I can't remember the name of for the life of me!
http://www.youtube.com/user/xfrontlinepictures
VulcanianTomcat - Keep an Eye out for my new movie TOOLS, deets on the 1st trailer soon!!!
90,054 TrueAchievement PointsTrueAchievement Ratio: 1.489469 posts
Last post: 08 May 13 at 17:53
Posted on 04 November 11 at 18:33
CoMANdo DOOM said:DrFokePhD said:CoMANdo DOOM said:Shogun, Hendo, Nogueira, Cro Cop, Wand...need I say more?


The biggest differences are kicks/stomps/knees to a downed opponent. No elbows to a downed opponent and a more efficient, albeit still flawed, judging system. Oh...yeah...who can forget El Guapo?
Also the steroids they are allowed to do in Japansmile
Cause you have solid evidence that they've done them? smile
Dude, it's a fact. Most of the PRIDE fighters were jacked. All the Hammer House guys, Shamrock (openly admits to using roids), Mark Ker, just to name a few. wink
http://www.youtube.com/user/xfrontlinepictures
Posted on 04 November 11 at 18:36
VulcanianTomcat said:CoMANdo DOOM said:DrFokePhD said:CoMANdo DOOM said:Shogun, Hendo, Nogueira, Cro Cop, Wand...need I say more?


The biggest differences are kicks/stomps/knees to a downed opponent. No elbows to a downed opponent and a more efficient, albeit still flawed, judging system. Oh...yeah...who can forget El Guapo?
Also the steroids they are allowed to do in Japansmile
Cause you have solid evidence that they've done them? smile
Dude, it's a fact. Most of the PRIDE fighters were jacked. All the Hammer House guys, Shamrock (openly admits to using roids), Mark Ker, just to name a few. wink
That's not even close to being most. Just because some people were taking PEDs doesn't mean all of them were. Thinking so is foolish and ignorant. wink
Removal of the eyes, gives my heart a sudden chill.
TakaiTakai
91,968
TakaiTakai - RIP videogames
91,968 TrueAchievement Points71 posts
Last post: 13 Nov 13 at 23:33
Posted on 04 November 11 at 19:39
It isn't PRIDE without Sakuraba.
iPinkMorph
60,816
iPinkMorph - New account is..... o Mr 47 o . Add me on here and Live if you like.
60,816 TrueAchievement Points75 posts
Last post: 16 Nov 12 at 22:00
Posted on 04 November 11 at 20:18
Cant wait. Hoping it doesnt get put too far back for UK though!
Without achievements I would probably be outside!
Chunkeh Munkeh - Taking part in Extre-Life for the first time. Feel free to support me here: http://tinyurl.com/m6knw8r
48 solutionsSite Helper945 posts
Last post: Yesterday at 14:57
Posted on 04 November 11 at 20:27
ii DEMIGODz said:Dilhack said:I miss PRIDE so much - UFC is so overhyped and stupid...Dana White has ruined it like Don King ruined boxing.Uhhh, what? Give it up man.

I'm excited to use Shogun in some PRIDE rules though, for sure.
Demi, don't feed the troll, maybe he will leave due to hunger.

Also regarding the Steroids stuff, a lot has been rumoured about it, what with the lackluster performances from 90% of ex pride fighters when coming to UFC there is no wonder people believe the rumours
POTM
151,053
POTM - The Giants win the pennant! The Giants win the pennant!
151,053 TrueAchievement Points13 posts
Last post: 01 Mar at 00:35
Posted on 04 November 11 at 23:39
TakaiTakai said:It isn't PRIDE without Sakuraba.I believe Saku gave the rights to use him in some Japanese fighting game nobody has heard of. That's why he isn't on the roster.
Masta Skor 16
121,360
Masta Skor 16 - Looking for a coop partner for Halo:ODST and/or Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, anyone ?
121,360 TrueAchievement Points236 posts
Last post: 11 Mar at 18:39
Posted on 05 November 11 at 08:35
keep saying the same thing , doesnt look good at all , fackin noob