The awesome guys at Robot Entertainment have been pretty generous to TA, giving us some sweet swag to give away in conjunction with their XBLA title, http://www.trueachievements.com/Orcs-Must-Die-xbox-360.htm
. While many gamers might not have got their fill of squishing, shooting, melting, stabbing, and generally ending the corporeal existence of Orcs, others are looking for more ways to prolong their merciless slaughter of the green meanies who may (as Newshound, Dog of Thunder
continues to suggest) just be wanting a cup of sugar.
With that in mind, the PC version of OMD!
has already received two DLC packs and, while Robot Entertainment hasn't officially
announced that these packs will be coming to Xbox LIVE, they did say that the 360 version of the game would be receiving some DLC and posted the following on the game's forum
Just wanted to post this in one place -
We WILL be releasing DLC for Xbox players, we just aren’t quite ready to announce details yet. But if you use your imagination, I bet you can guess a lot of the details already.
While this isn't an official confirmation, per se, it does lend one to think that the PC DLC will soon be making its way to your hot little hands. With that in mind, here's what you might
be able to expect in the not-so-distant future:Artifacts of Power
– Armed with these grim gauntlets, you can drain the enemy’s health while healing you at the same time. If you have a desperate need to use spells, you can also use the gauntlets to drain your health in exchange for mana.
– Toss a series of deadly acid bombs that explode on your command to melt flesh from the bones of multiple groups of orcs at once.
•The Shock Zapper
– Mount the Shock Zapper on the ceiling and zap fliers and ground units equally dead with this oversized pest remover.
– By the time they see the fire, it will be too late. Burn entire groups of complacent enemies with this pop-up flaming surprise.
•New Trap Upgrades
– You’ve got two new reasons to go back and earn those 5-skull ratings on War Mage and Nightmare levels. With the Artifacts of Power Pack, you can now spend skulls on new upgrades for Shock Zapper and Floor Scorcher.Lost Adventures
•Five New Fortresses
– Repel the orc onslaught in four completely new fortresses plus a reverse version of The Tower where your enemies have the high ground! Each fortress can be played on Apprentice, War Mage, or Nightmare difficulty.
•Two New Enemies
– Fear the icy breath of the Frost Bat, and beware the draining magical attack of the Cyclops Mage!
– Challenge your friends for the highest score on leaderboards for each of the five new levels.
•New skull rewards
– Earn up to fifty additional skulls to further upgrade your arsenal of traps!
•A New Bonus Defense!
- Place the Mana Well in strategic locations around a fortress for a burst of magical energy at just the right moment.
The DLC packs for Orcs Must Die!
currently do not have a release date or pricing information.