DICE, the EA studio soon to bring us Battlefield: Bad Company 2, has officially announced a limited edition release of the game. Now, I can already hear your questions. When does it release? What do I get? How much more is this going to cost me?
Don't worry! Be happy! Your TA news department has all the answers.
In a sudden and unexpected switch from the "squeeze me dry" marketing of the gaming industry, DICE has announced that the limited edition game will sell for the same price as the standard edition at participating retailers in North America and Europe, and will be available only while supplies last. The limited edition is to feature special game unlocks that will give multiplayer fans of the game an early one-up on other gamers.
The list of special features include:
* Improved Vehicle Armor - An up-armor package is mounted on all vehicle types, decreasing the effect of both explosive and penetrating warheads, significantly improving vehicle survivability.
* Supreme Vehicle Firepower - Additional weapon packages are mounted for the driver of all armored vehicles, greatly expanding the range of targets the vehicle can successfully engage and destroy.
* Vehicle Motion Sensor - Use this electronics warfare package to locate enemy units in direct proximity to the vehicle.
* Tracer Dart Pistol - This magnetic dart attaches to any vehicle surface, allowing squad members to track, lock on, and fire rockets onto moving targets even beyond line of sight.
Two classic Battlefield 1943 weapons
* M1A1 Submachine Gun - Reliable but heavy this classic weapon is a powerful force in the hands of any Battlefield veteran.
* M1911 Pistol - Highly customized M1911 are favored for its dependability and the power of its large .45 caliber round.
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is scheduled to release for the Xbox360, PS3 and PC on March 2, 2010 in North America and on March 5, 2010 in Europe. Check the external link for the official EA Bad Company website.
Better get yours early and cowboy up!