For the first time ever, the Forza
franchise gets DLC with achievements, and what better to include them with than the much missed Porsche cars. Due to a license disagreement with EA, Forza Motorsport 4
only included a couple of RUF Porsche cars and, let's be honest, it isn't the same, is it? Today sees the release of the "Porsche Expansion Pack
", which brings 30 cars, 20 Porsche-themed events, challenges and ten achievements worth a total of 250G.
Forza Motorsport 4 VIP Members can buy this pack at a discount from the in game marketplace. Forza Motorsport 4 VIP Membership sold separately. Explore the world of Porsche in Forza Motorsport 4! The Porsche Expansion Pack includes 30 new and classic Porsche models for you to collect, race, and customize. Drive your favorite models in brand new Porsche-themed events in both World Tour Mode and Rivals Mode. Collect new achievements as you earn the checkered flag. In-game credits or car tokens required to purchase Porsche models in Career Play.
Those of you who can't watch the trailer ought to check out these screenshots
. The DLC costs 1600 MSP and can be downloaded from here
. However, if you've subscribed to the VIP program, the DLC will only cost you 1200 MSP.
"What is this VIP program?" I hear you ask. Well, on May 17th, Turn 10 Studios expanded their exclusive membership that allowed ardent fans of the game access to more content and events in their game. The VIP program had only previously been accessible to players who purchased the Limited Collector's Edition of the game. Here is a full list of benefits:
• Five (5) Limited Collector’s Edition cars: 2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport, 2011 Ferrari 458 Challenge, 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera, 2010 Noble M600, 2011 RUF Rt 12 R
• VIP members will save 400 MS points off the purchase price of the Forza Motorsport 4 Porsche Expansion Pack, available on May 22 (NOTE: VIP members should purchase the Porsche Expansion Pack via the Forza Motorsport 4 in-game Marketplace to receive the discounted purchase price)
• Exclusive in-game gifts from the Forza Motorsport community team (such as custom-liveried cars, in-game credits, etc.)
• VIP Rivals Mode Events: VIP members have access to exclusive monthly Rivals Mode events in Forza Motorsport 4
• Expanded Storefront: VIP members receive an extra page per category where they can feature additional photographs, tuning setups, vinyl groups, designs, replays, etc.
• Expanded MyForza Gallery Space: VIP’s can store an additional two videos and/or Big Shot images in their MyForza Gallery
• VIP icon affixed to their Gamertag in Forza Motorsport 4
"Forza Motorsport 4 VIP Membership" costs 1200 MSP and can be activated from here
. Those players who already have VIP membership DO NOT need to purchase the membership again. All of the benefits listed above will automatically be applied to your account.
As a gesture of goodwill, Turn 10 Studios has teamed up with the Save the Children charity. All VIP memberships purchased between May 18th and June 18th, 2012 will see Turn 10 donate $10 to the charity, up to a total of $100,000. That means that two thirds of the membership price will be donated to charity between those two dates. Time to spread some goodwill!