RedLynx's platformer http://www.trueachievements.com/Trials-Evolution-xbox-3....htm
has been very well received since its release on XBLA last month. Some of the fans who are still creating tracks, setting the best possible times on different courses and dominating the online multiplayer side of the game will be interested to know that a title update will be going live for the Trials
Despite the game's success, there have been a few little problems that needed dealing with, including multiplayer, scoring and track editing issues. Check out the list for the details on the incoming patch and what issues will be addressed:
• Multiplayer Leaderboard writing issues – addressed a number of situations where proper scores were not being recorded to MP Leaderboards or rank was being reset
• Multiplayer Stability issues – addressed a number of issues, including viewing Gamer Cards, Party play functionality, response time of multiplayer matchmaking, and situations where the game would occasionally lock or hang during multiplayer
• General Stability – we have addressed some issues affecting general stability and random lockups. If you find new issues related to this, please report them to this thread
• Editor issues – a number of issues in the editor were addressed, including enforcing a 22 checkpoint limit and some issues around the event trigger system
• Scoring issues – a rare issue where track times were calculated incorrectly at the finish line has been addressed
• Track Central – a number of issues were addressed, including track sorting issues, lockups when viewing Player-Created Track Leaderboards, and searching tracks by the “Ninja” difficulty tag
• Skill Games – adjustments have been made to Icarus Factor, Exploding Man, Out of Gas, and Balls of Steel skill games to eliminate scoring loopholes
Also included with this title update will be a multiplayer leaderboard reset. Deemed necessary by Microsoft and RedLynx themselves, the reset is aimed to rid the leaderboards of corrupt data caused by "server overload and stress at launch" as well as a few other issues that have been identified. The multiplayer leaderboard reset will be executed at around four to six hours after
the update goes live. RedLynx advise players not to play in online multiplayer matches during the time after the update as this could cause your data to purge during the reset.
RedLynx have a bit more to say regarding the reset:
This reset does not affect Single Player Leaderboards, or Leaderboards tied to Player-Created tracks. It also does not affect your Multiplayer Rank (level) – that will remain unchanged.
We apologize for the Multiplayer Leaderboard reset. However, this step was deemed necessary to ensure the best multiplayer experience for all players, and we feel fair and valid Multiplayer Leaderboards are an integral part of the overall Trials experience.
If you're holding on to a top spot on the multiplayer leaderboards for Trials Evolution
then take some pictures of your records as soon as possible. The update goes live tomorrow at 10:00am(GMT)/2:00am(PST), players will be prompted to download the update once the game is fired up.