shipped, it was quickly apparent that the game suffered from bugs, some of which regarded achievements. A title update is now available for the game. Here are the issues that are being addressed.- The camera swaying motion when moving has been stabilized
- The camera auto-rotation in combat to frame targeted enemies has been significantly slowed and made smoother.
- Semi-transparency rendering effect added to enemies when they are in front of the camera occluding Crom.
- More health is refilled upon entering a new level.
- More health is granted after death.
- The Wodan fight (‘Land of the Dead’ boss) difficulty has been toned down, to provide a more progressive difficulty across the game.
- Crossbow damage and rate of fire have been decreased to prevent exploiting ranged attacks (which are intended for chaining up combos).
- Awards and Achievements have been fixed to work and unlock as expected.
The Microsoft XBLA Team and Climax Studio also adressed gamers in a statement:We’ve read the reviews, heard the feedback, and spent some time to trying to improve on the issues that were highlighted by many of you. We always hoped to entertain with the game and this Title Update is intended to provide a more enjoyable experience to players, and make elements less frustrating.Bloodforge
was part of the Xbox Next promotion and thus was one of the first titles featuring the new 400GS cap for XBLA games. If you are interested in playing it, you can download it here
. It will set you back 1200MSP.