1. Walkthrough overview
Need for Speed: The Run is an amazing game from EA that in my opinion is a must-play for every race fanatic out there! This was my second Need for Speed game and I have to admit I am hooked on the Need for Speed series.
The game has an arcade type style of racing and involves some serious high speed racing and also it has all the needs for a good game:
- Good single player mode (not too long and not too short)
- Nice set of multiplayer achievements
- And last but not least a grind for the last achievement!
Alright lets dig into those precious achievements which are unlocked by playing the 3 modes in the game:
1. The run mode
This is the single player campaign mode which contains 10 stages and a final boss fight to finish it all off. This mode is best played on normal first since the difficulty is competitive enough on normal.
There are multiple races in each stage with different styles:
- Overtake events : Simply race towards point B while you need to overtake a set amount of opponents.
- Time events : Checkpoint races without opponents to catch up some time.
- Overtake timed events : Races in which you need to overtake 1 racer and stay in front of him until the timer runs out. When you have beat a racer, you're ready to face the next racer until they reach point B.
- Police events : Point to point racing but with the police after you. Sometimes the game will set more requirements like a certain amount of opponents to overtake or a time limit.
The achievements based in this mode are all related to finishing the stages and the entire mode on different difficulties. The achievements are not stackable so you need 1 play-through to unlock the hardest difficulty.
2. Challenge mode
A game mode with time challenges involving point to point racing in multiple challenge series.
This mode has 10 challenge series available which all have 5 to 6 races each.
Mastering these will give you a challenge by trial and error and yes, the selection of the car you are using will influence your results. For the achievements you need to clear them all out on a golden level and along the way to can catch some miscellaneous achievements.
3. Multiplayer mode
The multiplayer part of this game is very good, but sometimes a bit glitchy or buggy. There are multiple playlists to choose from, but you start off with a single event.
The best thing about this is that you can form a group when playing with friends which will give you group objectives to clear out for an xp boost.
A good thing to know up front is that this game is boostable with just 1 friend, but you might want a second (or more) friend(s) to join when you`re going for the online achievements or to level up to reach a driver level 30.
I would suggest to start and play the game in the above order to make things a bit easier, but it is all up to you.
This walkthrough is based on the mentioned order, but if you want you can just fast forward to the section you're starting on.
This walkthrough is the property of TrueAchievements.com. This walkthrough and any content included may not be reproduced without written permission. TrueAchievements.com and its users have no affiliation with any of this game's creators or copyright holders and any trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.