5. Online walkthrough
NOTICE: THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS CORRECT. HOWEVER, THE SERVERS ARE NOW CLOSED. THIS PAGE IS BASICALLY INFORMATION ONLY. WE ARE SORRY TO SAY ALL NEWCOMERS CANNOT EARN THE FULL 250G. WE HOPE THAT EVERYONE THAT HAS ALREADY PLAYED THE ONLINE PORTION OF THE GAME RECEIVED FULL ENJOYMENT AND EARNED THE FULL AMOUNT OF GAMERSCORE. HAPPY HUNTING TA'ers!!!
When AOTI was released, SEGA was focused on their ideas to the online world and not the achievements. The Final Boss was not available to fight for a long time thus making the last achievement unobtainable. As of now, every achievement can be earned. However, the game is subject to change at any time until the servers close.
In the AOTI DLC, there are just 5 achievements. You unlock each one by defeating the boss that is related to the achievement. Note that you DO NOT need to do any damage to the boss to get the achievements. You only need to witness the death of the boss for the achievement to unlock. However, if you want to gain experience from the boss, you will need to damage it at least once.
There is no level requirement to kill each boss, so technically, you could have a friend run you to each mission, kill the boss, and get you each achievement. For those of you that don't have friends to run you through the missions, this guide will walk you through some tips and tricks to make your PSU experience a little easier. The strategies in this guide are assuming you are a low level and will be using the bare minimum missions (C Rank) to get your achievements.
Play as whatever race you want, but be careful, as some races are stronger than others in certain areas. Humans are decent at everything, Newmans are good with TECHNICs, Casts excell with guns, and Beasts have raw power in melee. Consider what you would like to demolish things with and choose your race accordingly.
Tips for having an easier online experience
- Once you begin your online character, you will be in your room. Somewhere in your room should be your partner machine. I highly recommend you talk to it and take the mission tutorial, assuming you are playing solo. After this tutorial, not only will you know how to get around PSU's online game, but you will get a partner card for a character (based on your race) to take on missions with you. This card will help because there will be two of you, not one.
- ALWAYS BE PREPARED. Before hand, I strongly insist you stock up on Photon Charges (items that restore your weapons PP), Healing Items (Monomates, Dimates, and Trimates), and if you have the meseta, Scape Dolls (Items that revive you if you get downed, especially helpful for if you die during a boss battle).
- Try to attack with the elemental attribute your enemy is weak to. For example, if your enemy is based on a dark element, use a light element weapon/attack to deal more damage. Obviously, you are going to want to resist using the same element on your weapon as the enemy is. Melee weapons come with an element that doesn't change, but Techers and Gunners get an advantage. Gunners can change what elemental attribute is on their guns, and Techers can choose what elemental spell they want to cast at the enemy. Also, they attack from far range, taking less damage.
- If you see that you can buy a better weapon and have the meseta to do so, try to buy it. This better weapon will deal more damage, and carry more PP for your photon arts. Also, remember that there are shops on the Guardians Colony and all three planets. Parum might carry better guns than other places, because CASTs mainly live there. Moatoob would most likely carry more powerful melee weapons, as Beasts live there, etc. Another thing you need to remember; make sure you can use the weapon. If there is a big X by the name, you obviously don't want to buy it.
- Level up accordingly before you take on a mission. After you select the mission, you will be given numerous details on that mission, along with the levels of the enemies in it. Use common sense. If the enemies are 7 levels higher than you, you are probably not going to be able to clear it very easily alone. It would be possible, but very irritating.
- Change your class to a better one that suits your playstyle. If you are completing lots of missions and get a beginner class leveled up (Hunter, Ranger, Force) you will be able to change to an expert class later, which will help you do more damage and use better weapons. You can view what weapons each class can use, and what you need to use that class here: http://psupedia.info/Types This site is also great for any other questions you may have about the game.
- Pick up important items in missions. Obviously, you want to pick up meseta and healing items amongst other things to save you the time and money from having to buy them.
- If you want to find a partner, try playing on server 2. Usually, there are many people running different missions, so you shouldn't have much trouble hopping in a mission with someone or having someone join you.
- Don't forget to claim all your hard work at the end of a mission. Press LT, then A to receive your mission points, and other miscellaneous rewards.
Leveling up can take a long time, or relatively short time if your smart about it. Obviously, if you are a level 30 and are running missions with level 5 enemies, you aren't going to be leveling up very fast. Choose missions where the enemies are around your level, but not too high above you when trying to level up. However, when killing bosses and getting to them, I recommend running the C rank missions to make your life easier. Here are some easier ways to level up.
Innocent Girl is a simulation mission where you get to play with a Female CAST named Vivienne. You can find this mission in the GRM Shop (West District of Parum) at the very front counter. Just talk to the nice CAST lady. This is a 1 player mission. Don't worry about how high of levels the enemies are when you run this mission. Just get a hit on the enemy and run away if you are under-leveled. Vivienne will do the rest. However, once you rise in the ranks to stand a chance against your foes, some parts of the mission may become tricky or confusing. For example, you may be dying by a turret and don't know how to survive it. Here is a video to solve that problem.
Credit for Video : kayleycuoco1304
Door to Subspace
Door to Subspace is a mission that can be found in the GUARDIANS Branch of Parum (East District). This is a 1 player mission. It involves you running through a relics site that is completely random and unpredictable. You will be sent through different levels, not knowing which one comes next. You can make nice money off this mission, and level up quite a bit.
Ironically, you need to run this mission to get the Alterazgohg Slayer achievement. It is a quick and easy 6 player mission. There are normally MANY people running this mission when there isn't an event going on, so there definitely shouldn't be any trouble finding players to play with at all on server 2.
Note: These are not a guaranteed fast way to level up, but they seem much easier and more popular and effective than other missions. Just remember, never give up! If you don't think about it too much, leveling up goes quick!
Note: I recommend being at least a level 20-25 before doing these missions.
Defeat boss in temple area. (Exclusive to AOTI)
How to get there: This boss mission is located in Neudaiz. First, head over to the COG: Pavillion of Air. From there, complete the "Sacred Stream" mission. Once that is done, you will arrive at the Pavillion of Air: Top. Select White Beast, and if you successfully complete it, this achievement is yours.
Tips: Most of the enemies in this mission are light based. Consider taking a dark based weapon on the mission with you to maximize your damage per second. Beware of the dragon's many attacks as well. He can fly around the map and cause chaos to melee attackers, but he will land eventually. Also, if you have a weapon that can hit multiple parts of an enemy in one attack, bring it. These weapons destroy Alterazgohg.
Defeat boss in relics area. (Exclusive to AOTI)
How to get there: This boss mission is located on the planet of Parum. Head to the East District and go into the Flyer Base. Select the "Scarred Planet" mission. Once that is finished, find and complete the "Lightning Beasts" mission. After that, you will arrive on a beautiful coast line. Find the mission "SEED Express" and complete to steal this achievement from Mother Brain herself.
Tips: Mother Brain is an obnoxious little robot that likes to annoy people. Beware! She enjoys putting a protective shield around herself to nulify all damage. To avoid this, use a ranged weapon or TECHNIC that is capable of destroying her arms. This will allow you to get up close to her. She also uses an attack which sends a waves of gas and pushes you back. Most of the enemies in the mission are Electric and Dark based, so use Light and Ground weapons in return.
Defeat boss in cave area. (Exclusive to AOTI)
How to get there: This boss mission is located on the planet Moatoob. Escort yourself to the Flyer Base, then select "System Defense". After that, find and complete "Desert Terror". Now, do the "Tunnel Recapture" mission. Eventually, you will get to the "Caves of Ice" mission. Complete that, and then finally, do the "Awoken Serpent" mission. This will net you the achievement.
Tips: BRING A RANGED WEAPON. YOU WON'T REGRET IT. Just like Mother Brain, De Rol Le likes to be a pain. This boss flies around your small craft and doesn't like to come down often. However, if he comes to the side of your craft, use the buttons to float by him then demolish him. Look out for these little flying creature things he will shoot at you, as they can and will explode and ruin your day. Most of the enemies are ground based in this mission, so consider bringing a lightning based weapon.
Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement. (Secret)
How to get there: This boss mission is located on the 5th floor of the Guardian's Colony. Once there, make your way to a woman at a desk. Talk to her. In the counter, select "Old Event Missions", and from there, find a mission called "MAG C". NOTE: The boss is not at the end of the mission, like they usually are. You must complete the mission, then click on the end mission crystal. In that menu, click an option that says "To Program DF", this is where the boss will be. If you manage to beat Program DF, the achievement is yours. Alternatively, you can fight this Boss on the way to Dark Falz 2 (down below).
Tips: The enemies in this mission are scattered across pretty much all of the elements, so bring an assortment of different elemental weapons. The boss however is dark based, so make sure you at least bring a light based weapon. This boss is very similiar to De Rol Le, it just looks different. Use the same strategy for this boss to walk out alive.
Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement. (Secret)
How to get there: This boss mission is located on the 4th floor of the Guardians Colony. Head to the space dock. Do the "Dark Satellite" mission, then proceed for the "SEED Awakened" mission. After those two, do "The Black Nest", then complete "The Dark God". Once all that is done, attempt "Distant Memory" and bag your final achievement.
Tips: Most of the enemies in this mission are dark based. A light based weapon is a must. Watch out for the beginning of this boss battle, as it will launch itself toward you right away. Also, beware of an attack that sends a meteor crushing on your face, as it will cause total destruction to your HP. Just keep at this boss, being as relentless as possible, then you will finally see him fall (literally).
I hope your Phantasy Star Universe experience online was great. Hopefully, you will have completed the game and have that nice 1250 Gamerscore on your card. Keep your license and have more fun, or cancel it and run away with the score, it's up to you.
Find anything you think is wrong with this walkthrough? Help us fix it by posting in its Walkthrough Thread
This walkthrough is the property of TrueAchievements.com. This walkthrough and any content included may not be reproduced without written permission. TrueAchievements.com and its users have no affiliation with any of this game's creators or copyright holders and any trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.