Quick thoughts on Xbox's press briefing at E3...
• Backwards compatibility of Xbox 360 games on the Xbox One is something that is game-changing — no pun intended — and is a huge selling point for the system.
• Halo 5: Guardians... wasn't thrilled by the gameplay demo because the guy controlling it was going so slow. 343 really needs to step it up if they want to redeem themselves after the MCC debacle.
• I'm really excited for Rise of the Tomb Raider. The last game was a perfect blend of narrative and crisp gameplay, and was incredibly gorgeous to look at in terms of art direction.
• Cuphead looks like an acid trip of 1930's animation and classic platformer games. The hand-drawn animation really shows what indie games are capable of when not boxed into the AAA 'must sell 20 million copies to be a success' mentality.
• I have no words for the HoloLens that aren't expletives of excitement. I don't even play Minecraft and that demo of the hologram on the table was enough to make me consider it.
• Rare Replay — 30 classic Rare games for $30, but no GoldenEye. I'd have loved an announcement of a Perfect Dark sequel/reboot but alas.
Posted by unequalized joe
on 15 June 15 at 18:32
| There are 2 comments
on this blog post - Please log in to comment on this blog.