1. Walkthrough overview
Hi and welcome to Blue Dragon walkthrough. This game was one of the first J-RPGs on the Xbox 360, and the achievements will lead you to the exploration of its wonderful world. There are many missable achievements, mainly due to their own nature, and there's no online feature. In the walkthrough I will not mention anything about the plot, so you can freely navigate in any page. For convenience, we can group up the achievements this way:
- Fight related achievements (such as fighting against a particular monster or in particular conditions): none of these are missable, and you can recognise them from the dragon spitting fire picture:
- Minigame timed achievements: they can be either a button mashing minigame (requiring you to tap a button very quickly, for example " A ", for various reasons), or a particular challenge which requires you to do a certain task perfectly. You can recognise their pictures: the first ones have an "A button" icon; the other ones are rapresented by a dice. They are all missable since you only have a chance per playthrough to achieve them. Here is their picture:
- Item related achievements: they require you to collect particular items (important and useful ones, but not missable), especially through some side quests. Their picture is a tresure chest like this:
- Collectible related achievements: they require you to collect data on all the Items, Monsters, Barriers (you'll learn what they are as you play) and Warp Devices (again, you'll learn about them as you play). The ones related to Items and Monsters are missable since they have items and monsters which can be fought only for a limited amount of time. It's worth saying that fighting every monster isn't enough, because some missable monsters are summoned by one-chance-only monsters, for example a boss. Therefore, please read the Missable page and/or the Monster/Item pages too, where you'll find more details on when and where to be careful. In addition to these four collectibles, there's an achievement for stacking up a good amount of Gold (don't try to save money to work on this as you play, you'll grind this on purpose later in the game). Their picture is an egg-shaped icon:
- Grinding achievements: reach the max level with characters both in their level and their "class" (you'll learn about these as you play). There are missable achievements among these ones too, since you can level up the classes both the traditional way and by means of particular items ("Hearts"): the game doesn't want you to use the Hearts to level up the last level of your class. If you do so, you'll fail to earn the achievement. In order not to miss it, simply DO NOT use the Hearts to level up your class from level 98 to 99. The icon is a platinum crown:
- At last, there are two 0G achievements for some "shameful" actions in battle: run away 50 times and get ambushed 50 times. They aren't missable of course. Here's their icon:
There's no "best way" to go after the achievements, but some areas of the game offer you better chances for them. You just don't want to miss the minigame achievements and also don't want to miss the unique items and monsters. The walkthrough will contain indications on all of them.
This walkthrough is the property of TrueAchievements.com. This walkthrough and any content included may not be reproduced without written permission. TrueAchievements.com and its users have no affiliation with any of this game's creators or copyright holders and any trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.