3. Story walkthrough
Let's get started
1) Self Defense Rehearsals. Contains 5 classes with 6 techniques each. The classes are Wrist Grab, Arm and Shoulder Grab, Attack from Behind, Choke Hold and Frontal Attack. After doing the techniques you get a breakdown for each move and how you performed, at the bottom of this screen you will also see a progress bar. This bar accounts for the different belt achievements and you need 5 stars on all techniques to get the black belt achievement. I recommend redoing a technique directly after in case you fail to make it easier on your memory. For this part you don't really need any help from me beside letting you know what achievements you should get from it so you know when you're done and should move on to the next part. One thing worth pointing out though is that after you've done each step individually you are going to do them after each other, when doing this you shouldn't wait for the animation on the screen before doing next (just don't rush it or the kinect might not pick all moves up) the same goes for when doing them timed. You shouldn't have any problems getting 5 stars. Finishing your first technique with 5 stars will give you the following two achievements:
Confirm your first self defense technique.
First time getting five stars for a self defense technique.
Just keep doing all the techniques for all the Self Defense Rehersal classes and redo the ones you didn't get 5 stars on until you do and you will get the following achievements. (the belt achievements will unlock along the way but I decided to put them in the end because they will pop at a bit different times if you don't redo things you failed on directly. But don't worry as long as you get 5 stars on all at some point you will get them all)
Confirm all techniques from the first self defense class.
Confirm all techniques from the second self defense class.
Confirm all techniques from the third self defense class.
Confirm all techniques from the fourth self defense class.
Confirm all techniques from the fifth self defense class.
"Orange belt" title for technique.
"Green belt" title for technique.
"Blue belt" title for technique.
"Black belt" title for technique.
2) Reflex Training you will find this to the right of Self Defense Rehearsals in the menu. This contains 5 classes with 5 parts to each class. What you will find here is Dodge, Punch Blocks, Kick Blocks, Punches and Kicks. The titles here range from "Sharp Reflexes" to "Blazing Reflexes which you will be unlocking as you go through all 5 classes just like with the Self Defense part I will post these after the actual class achievements to avoid any confusion since they may unlock at different times depending on how you perform and if you redo classes at once or wait until you've tried them all once first.
Dodge, leaning to the right or left depending on which side they attack from. To make this as easy as possible stand a bit more than shoulder width apart with your legs, knees slightly bent and put your hands on your knees and when you need to dodge just drop the shoulder on the side you dodge towards and let your head and upper body follow a little bit you will notice how small of a motion you can get away with. Having your hands and arms in front of you require more energy than you might think and a bad idea if you plan on getting the game done fast. The only difference you will notice with the 5 dodge parts apart from some punches coming a bit faster in levels 3-5, the attacker will also throw in combinations, never more than 2 and always on 2 different sides, not much to worry about, it's easy to just lean over to the other side instead of standing up straight after.
The achievements you will get if you also make sure to 5 star them all are.
Confirm your first dodging level.
First time getting five stars in a dodging level.
Confirm all the dodging levels.
Five stars in all dodging levels.
Punch Blocks, saving energy here is done by when waiting for a punch have your arms covering a low punch while leaning your elbows on your stomach. It may seem like a better idea to have them a bit higher to be close to both high and low punches but you do have more than enough time to lift them for a high punch and and you are going to use your arms a lot more so better rest them as much as you can. Just like with the Dodge levels you will get combinations thrown at you in levels 3-5 and the only tricky part here is if you get attacked with a high frontal punch and then a side punch to the head a normal reaction isn't to drop the other hand you don't need to block with but you really need to do that here or the game will think you're trying to block a frontal attack and you'll get hit. Getting used to that will make it easy to 5 star these levels and will give you the achievements.
Confirm your first punch blocks level.
First time getting five stars in a punch blocks level.
Confirm all punch blocks levels.
Five stars in all punch blocks levels.
Kick Blocks, this will feel even easier than punch blocks due to kicks taking a little bit longer to hit and you don't get combinations thrown at you. Save your energy by having your arms by your side while waiting for a kick, you only need to use one arm or leg at a time so no need for stances or anything as long as you pay attention you can save up some energy here which is a good thing cause the next two levels require a bit more. Getting 5 stars on these 5 levels will give you these achievements.
Confirm your first kick blocks level.
First time getting five stars in a kick blocks level.
Confirm all kick blocks levels.
Five stars in all kick blocks levels.
Punch Attack, does require some stamina but more coordination over speed. I failed some on this but not because I was too slow it just took me some time to find exactly where and how to punch for the kinect to register it properly. First of all, stance. This is the only reflex class you actually want to hold your hands up in front of you but not too close to each other or it might read the wrong hand for straight punches. Try to have them almost shoulder width apart to make sure. For straight punches you want to aim at a mirror of your own chest, left punches on the left chest and right on the right chest which means fairly low punches but the kinect will register those faster and you don't use up as much energy. For the side punches I aimed to the side of the ribs so outside of an opponents body and I punched straight there and then with the straight arm I aligned it straighter towards the middle of the ribs causing the kinect to register it as a side punch. Trying to make a proper side punch every now and then registered as straight sometimes and does use up more energy so doing it the "wrong" way helps quite a lot. The uppercut require you to either lower your arm a bit before punching up or for you to just drop down one knee/shoulder just before punching up. After doing all these arm reflex classes and levels I found it easier to just drop the knee/shoulder an inch or two then punch up also don't bother trying to hit something in front of you I just punched straight up 2-3 inches in front of myself. This should get you a little worked up but don't worry that's about as hard as it's going to get and getting 5 stars on all of them will give you the following achievements.
Confirm your first punch attack level.
First time getting five stars in a punch attack level.
Confirm all punch attack levels.
Five stars in all punch attack levels.
Kick Attack; finally your arms can relax and it's all about the kicks. You have a bit more time and kicking is easier for the kinect to track. Only two things to think about here:
1) always make sure your kicks land in the middle of the screen (in front of the kinect)
2) you don't have to kick very high.
If you're not used to kicking you don't have to to roundhouses with maximum power just lift your knee up and aim with it and then kick out with the lower part of the leg, saves energy and easier for balance. Make sure you stand a bit away to make sure the low kicks register as they should.Getting 5 stars on all these levels will complete the reflex training part and with 5 stars on all other reflex classes will give you the highest title for this as well. First the Achievements for the kick attack classes.
Confirm your first kick attack level.
First time getting five stars in a kick attack level.
Confirm all kick attack levels.
Five stars in all kick attack levels.
The following achievements will unlock along all the reflex training classes and you need 5 stars on all levels to get the last title.
"Fast reflexes" title for reflexes.
"Sharp reflexes" title for reflexes.
"Lightning reflexes" title for reflexes.
"Blazing reflexes" title for reflexes.
3) Balance, 10 levels that vary from 3:55 minutes to 4:55 minutes. Like the other parts there are achievements here as well which I will show after the usual achievements. This is all about flashcards which you shouldn't really wait to reach the top but go with the instructor instead, just use the flashcards to see where the move will end. This is really easy and you don't really need any balance for this either the longest you'll stand on one foot is 3-4 seconds. The only hard part about this for me was being bored it's extremely slow and most moves are used over and over again through the levels. Redo any level you didn't get 5 stars on and completing your last level with 5 stars will land you the following achievements.
Confirm your first balance lesson.
First time getting five stars in a balance lesson.
Confirm all balance lessons.
The achievements you will unlock along the way.
"Wood" title for balance.
"Fire" title for balance.
"Water" title for balance.
4) Cardio, 10 levels that varies from 3:25 minutes to 4:00 minutes. Titles related to the cardio lessons will be posted after the class achievements. If you're having trouble finding this in the menus it's far to the left for some reason after the extras and options. Worth pointing out this isn't really cardio as it doesn't get your heart rate up very high so don't worry if you're not in good shape. Again, time for flashcards but now it's about timing but it's easy for beginners and very easy if you're used to playing dance central or similar games. If you want to make sure to get excellent on them, look on the hand placements for the kicks on the flashcards and you will find it easy to get excellent on all of them. 5 stars on the 10 levels will give you the following achievements.
Confirm your first cardio lesson.
First time getting five stars in a cardio lesson.
Confirm all cardio lessons.
The achievements you will unlock along the way.
"Competitor" title for cardio.
"Instructor" title for cardio.
"Marathoner" title for cardio.
"Heart of steel" title for cardio.
And finally if you've gotten 5 stars on everything you will also unlock
Getting the highest titles in all activities.
My first guide so I hope it wasn't too messy or lacked any information. I hope you enjoy your 100% and thanks for checking out my walkthrough.
This walkthrough is the property of TrueAchievements.com. This walkthrough and any content included may not be reproduced without written permission. TrueAchievements.com and its users have no affiliation with any of this game's creators or copyright holders and any trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.