Welcome to the world of Fallout 3 where you will meet mean people, nice people, monsters, robots and radiation. Did you forget your RadAway and Rad-X? No worry as we have many shops to supply you. Only at the cost of a couple of caps. Yes, put away your dollars and cents and start drinking your soda for currency. Need some music? Don't worry as we have some radio stations.
During your playthrough there are several collectible achievements which are not story or quest-related. For these achievements you can use a separate save or you can earn them during normal gameplay.
You can check how many creature kills you have on the Stats screen. The following creatures count towards this achievement: Ants, Deathclaws, Dogs, Mirelurks, Molerats, Radroaches, Super Mutants and Yao Guais.
Made one of every custom weapon
To make a custom weapon you first have to find the schematic. Once you locate a schematic you can view it in your Pip-Boy. The schematic will show you which parts you need. You can find several schematics for the same weapon. Finding multiple schematics will increase the starting condition of the weapon. Or in the case of explosives the yield will be higher, ie. you will build more of the explosives. However, finding more than three schematics will not give more benefit. Below is a list with the locations of the schematics.
- Quest reward from Moira in the "The Wasteland Survival Guide" quest, after the Minefield portion of the quest.
- Jocko's Pop & Gas Stop, northwest of Tenpenny Tower and east of Girdershade.
- Quest reward from Herbert Dashwood, received for completing "A Manhandled Manservant". Alternatively in Dashwood's safe in Tenpenny Tower.
- Sold/carried by Knick Knack in Little Lamplight.
- Quest reward from Hannibal Hamlin, received for completing the "Head of State" quest.
- Tenpenny Tower. Sold by Michael Masters or Lydia Montenegro at Boutique Le Chic.
- MDPL-05 Power Station. Next to the skeleton of a dead engineer.
- F. Scott Key Trail & Campground. Located in a trailer guarded by a Deathclaw.
- Quest reward from Hannibal Bannon. Received for completing the "Rivet City Council Seat" quest in favor of Bannon.
- The "Wounded Deathclaw" random encounter.
- Yao Guai Cave. Reached through Cliffside Cavern. The schematics are among a pile of skeletons.
- Quest reward from Sierra Petrovita. Received for completing the "Nuka-Cola Challenge" quest.
- Sold/carried by caravan merchant Doc Hoff.
- Sold by Tulip at Underworld Outfitters in Underworld.
- MDPL-13 Power Substation. On the workbench.
- Quest reward from Abraham Washington. Received for completing the "Stealing Independence" quest.
- Sold by Moira Brown in Megaton.
- Rivet City armory.
- Sold/carried by caravan merchant Crazy Wolfgang.
- Vault 101 clinic. Inside the Framed Quote of Revelation 21:6.
- Quest reward from Vance. Received for completing the "Blood Ties" quest.
- Sold/carried by Caravan Merchant Lucky Harith.
- Unmarked Brotherhood Outcast shack west of SatCom Array NN-03d. Near workbench.
Kill all the Super Mutant Behemoths
Here are the locations of the Behemoths:
• Galaxy News Radio: the Behemoth will blow up a wall just outside the Galaxy News Radio Building when you approach the building. This will probably happen during the quest "Galaxy News Radio".
• Evergreen Mills at the Raider camp near Vault 112: held in an electric enclosure beside the train tracks. When the generator powering the enclosure is destroyed the Behemoth escapes.
• The Capitol Building: inside the main room; if you look on the map the room is straight down the hall from the West Entrance but because of the debris you have to take an alternate route to the room. There will be many Talon Company mercs there fighting it with some heavy weaponry.
• Takoma Industrial (that's east of the GNR Building, at the end of the map): The Behemoth is just north of the factory. Find and use the artillery button.
• Jury Station: Go west until you reach a bunch of wrecked train cars. You have to rescue the Teddy Bear from it's shopping cart prison in order for the Behemoth to spawn.
There are many videos on youtube to find the locations of the Behemoths. This one has a nice upbeat tune:
For collecting Bobbleheads there are two achievements. Collecting Bobbleheads is not only done for the achievements. The Bobbleheads also improve your character by giving a bonus to S.P.E.C.I.A.L. or skills.
Collected 10 Vault-Tec Bobbleheads
Collected 20 Vault-Tec Bobbleheads
These Bobbleheads can become unobtainable: Strength, Energy Weapons, Repair and Medicine.
Here are some directions on where to find the Bobbleheads (thanks to http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Wiki):
Strength - Megaton: Lucas Simms' House, You can find it in the bedroom on the second floor on the desk. His house is directly to the right when you enter Megaton. *missable by blowing up Megaton*
Perception - Republic of Dave: In the Museum of Dave. It is on a bookshelf to the right side of the room.
Endurance - Deathclaw Sanctuary: Inside the entrance, found on a little platform next to the rotting Brahmin corpse.
Charisma - Vault 108: Cloning Lab, in a large room with four beds and a copy of Lying, Congressional Style on top of a table. The Bobblehead itself is across the room from Lying, Congressional Style.
Intelligence - Rivet City: Science Lab, downstairs in the centre of the lab on one of the tables, next to the lockers. The Science Lab can be accessed through the Midship Deck and the Upper Deck.
Agility - Greener Pastures Disposal: In the office, next to an Average locked terminal on the desk.
Luck - Arlington Cemetery North: In the Arlington House on a hill close to the centre of the cemetery. It is on a shelf in the basement of the house.
Barter - Evergreen Mills: Bazaar, in a dark cave - found in a nook in the corner of the room to the right of Smiling Jack. Jump over the work bench and you will see it on the right-most shelves.
Big Guns - Fort Constantine: CO Quarters (little bungalow), in the basement. The Bobblehead in an open safe together with some other goodies (caps and the ICBM launch code).
Energy Weapons - Raven Rock: In Colonel Autumn's bedroom on the desk to the right-hand side: after you pass the massive door from section 2B to 2C, when two Enclaves come out of the right hand door, take the one on the left. *Pick it up before entering the Control Room en route to seeing President Eden*
Explosives - WKML Broadcast Station: Sealed Cistern, down the sewer (manhole cover) behind the station. The manhole cover is hidden away in the rocks.
Lockpick - Bethesda Ruins: Bethesda Offices East, second floor: on a desk with an active lamp that is under a safe.
Medicine - Vault 101: Dad's medical desk. It can be obtained before you take the G.O.A.T. test, during your escape from the vault or during your brief (optional) return to Vault 101. If taken this way, it is in the clinic where you speak to Amata. It is on a desk in the clinic's back room. *It can be obtained during "Future Imperfect", "Escape!" or "Trouble on the Homefront" but, after all three quests are complete, the Vault will be permanently sealed*
Melee Weapons - Dunwich Building: Go through the Forsaken Dunwich Ruins to access the Virulant Underchambers. It will be in the middle of a room near the exit to Dunwich Building.
Repair - Arefu: Evan King's House (requires 50 Lockpick, no karma cost). As soon as you go in, look to your left. It is found on the white table. *It is actually possible to get locked out of Evan King's House if you try to "force lock" and fail in this attempt*
Science - Vault 106: After entering the Vault, move downstairs and enter the Living Quarters. Once in the Living Quarters head left and then cross the small bridge in the atrium. Next, take a right and enter the second door on your left-hand side. Follow this hall right to the end, kill the insane survivor you encounter and cross the room to where the Bobblehead is located.
Small Guns - National Guard Depot: National Guard Armory, it is found sitting on a shelf in the sealed storage room within the basement. The switch for the utility door to access the armory is found on the 3rd floor and that can only be reached by going through the Depot Offices and Depot Training Wing.
Sneak - Yao Guai Tunnels: Yao Guai Den, found on top of a metal box north east of the large pool of water.
Speech - Paradise Falls: Eulogy's Pad, it is on the table close by the terminal.
Unarmed - Rockopolis: Due west of Smith Casey's Garage and due north of Girdershade. The entrance (a big boulder) is below a party banner that is lit up during the night. The Bobblehead is found next to the body of Argyle.
For this you have to reach level 8 with Good Karma. We suggest that you save before you rank up so somewhere in between 7 and 8. After you rank up and get the achievement, reload the save and go for Mercenary and Reaver.
Reached Level 8 with Good Karma
For this you have to reach level 8 with Neutral Karma. We suggest that you save before you rank up so somewhere in between 7 and 8. Do a few bad things until you check your karma and see that it's neutral then rank up. After you rank up and get the achievement, reload the save and go for Reaver.
Reached Level 8 with Neutral Karma
For this you have to reach level 8 with Bad Karma. We suggest that you save before you rank up so somewhere in between 7 and 8. Do a lot of bad things (or do as many as it takes for bad karma to appear on your Pip-Boy) then rank up to receive the achievement.
Reached Level 8 with Bad Karma
Ambassador Of Peace
For this you have to reach level 14 with Good Karma. We suggest that you save before you rank up so somewhere in between 13 and 14. After you rank up and get the achievement, reload the save and go for Pinnacle of Survival and Harbinger of War.
Reached Level 14 with Good Karma
Pinnacle Of Survival
For this you have to reach level 14 with Neutral Karma. We suggest that you save before you rank up so somewhere in between 13 and 14. Do a few bad things until you check your karma and see that it's neutral then rank up. After you rank up and get the achievement, reload the save and go for Harbinger of War.
Reached Level 14 with Neutral Karma
Harbinger Of War
For this you have to reach level 14 with Bad Karma. We suggest that you save before you rank up so somewhere in between 13 and 14. Do a lot of bad things (or do as many as it takes for bad karma to appear on your Pip-Boy) and then rank up to receive the achievement.
Reached Level 14 with Bad Karma
Last, Best Hope Of Humanity
For this you have to reach level 20 with Good Karma. We suggest that you save before you rank up so somewhere in between 19 and 20. After you rank up and get the achievement, reload the save and go for Paradigm of Humanity and Scourge of Humanity.
Reached Level 20 with Good Karma
Paradigm Of Humanity
For this you have to reach level 20 with Neutral Karma. We suggest that you save before you rank up so somewhere in between 19 and 20. Do a few bad things until you check your karma and see that it's neutral then rank up. After you rank up and get the achievement, reload the save and go for Scourge of Humanity.
Reached Level 20 with Neutral Karma
Scourge Of Humanity
For this you have to reach level 20 with Bad Karma. We suggest that you save before you rank up so somewhere in between 19 and 20. Do a lot of bad things (or do as many as it takes for bad karma to appear on your Pip-Boy) and then rank up to receive the achievement.
Reached Level 20 with Bad Karma
NOW ONTO ACTUAL GAMEPLAY. BUT BEFORE YOU PROCEED THERE IS ONE REMINDER.
REMINDER: Make a separate save before reaching level 8, level 14 and level 20. You can use these saves to get those pesky missable karma-related achievements. In case you have the Broken Steel DLC you will also want to make a separate save before reaching level 30. Don't overwrite your good karma save; always make new ones.
Vault 101 Citizenship
First off in order to start the game want to press continue or new game. After this you go into a cinematic that i think is useless as it doesn't tell you about the game. You then go into a scene where you are just being born and you see 2 people; one is your dad and the other is a random person. Once it is done you get to name your character. He talks some more, you get to make your character (facial appearance and everything) and then you go one year into the future. The screen goes white and you will have to walk towards your dad. He will leave and then you can open the gate with the A button. There will be a book that you click called "You're SPECIAL"; add whatever points to whichever skill you like. After you add the points, walk towards the door and it will open and your dad will walk in. Listen to him if you want and after a bit he will start walking to the other door which will then make you grow up another 9 years to a point to where you can't move but you can look around. Once the Overseer gives you the Pip-Boy 3000 you will see... POP
After they all are done talking to you, Amata will start talking to you and you can choose whichever dialogue you like. You should then talk to everyone and get a gift from a few. Talk to Old Lady Palmer and she will give you a sweet roll, Andy the robot will go to cut the cake but mess up (he was trying to cut it with a saw - what did you expect!?), Butch being himself will complain about the cake and then bully you because he saw you got the sweet roll. You can say yes or no to giving him the roll. If you say no, run away until Officer Gomez stops him. Start talking to the rest of your guests and then "Dad" will hear Jonas on the speaker and tell you to go meet him in the reactor level. While on your way there, Beatrice will stop to talk to you and give you a poem. After this just head down to the reactor level. Directions: go into the hall, head to the right, make a left turn, make a right turn, follow the path downstairs and then talk to Jonas.
Continuing on: he will tell you to wait for your Dad. Your dad will give you a BB gun with 50 ammo and will take you to the room next door. Shoot 2 or 3 targets, a Radroach will then appear and your dad will tell you to kill it. Kill it and your dad will congratulate you. Then stand next to him and Jonas will take your picture.
You then will grow up another 6 years and you are ready for your G.O.A.T. test.
After finishing the chat with your father look on his desk. You will see a Vault-Tec Bobblehead. Read these words : PICK IT UP. You only have 2 chances to pick this up.
Talk to your dad and then head down in the direction of the flashing arrow to see that the Tunnel Snakes are being mean to Amata. Talk to her (if you want to get Karma/Speech success save now), then talk to him and find the dialogue that says "What's going on?". Butch will tell you "None of your business." Click the speech dialogue and if you succeed in it you will gain karma. If you fail, load up your save and try again. The other option is to fight Butch until he says "Stop, stop!". You will gain karma for helping Amata. Next talk to her and then head for the classroom where you will have 2 options.
A: take the G.O.A.T. test and get an achievement or
B: skip the test and be on your way (without an achievement)
Option A: Talk to Mr. Brotch and he will tell you to go take a seat. Answer the questions however you like and at the end of the test take it to him. You will then get the choice of filling in your own skills and you will see...POP
Option B: Talk to Mr. Brotch and say "Come on. I don't really have to take this stupid test, do I"? Then say "Cool. Let me see the results and I'll fill it out myself." and you get to choose your skills without taking the test. (Missed achievement)
For both options choose your skills as you like, leave the class room and you will grow up another 2 years with Amata telling you to wake up. Press the dialogue that you want then save. After you save find all the materials that you want. Head out of the door and head towards the next door. Then walk towards the officer, kill the Radroaches and then kill him. Loot Officer Kendall, take a left and look for enemies/people to kill or help. You will find Butch, help him (or not) and he will ask you to help his mother. Hurry up, go over and kill the Radroaches. Make sure that you don't hurt his mother or Butch will start beating you up. When you save her, he will give you his jacket as thanks. When finished, head back to the hallway you came from and follow the path ( you can detour around and kill Radroaches for experience). When at a T section just keep moving forward as it will take you to where you want to go. When you find a door that says 'Atrium' go through it and then follow the path. Follow the guy as he heads for the door that is completely open and there will be 2 guards. Kill them and if you want you can loot their bodies for guns/ammo and armor. There will be a door attempting to close but can't as there is a locker blocking it. Follow the path and kill whatever is in your way (enemies of course you decide). Once you get to a door that says 'Security', enter and quickly kill the officer(s). Loot whatever you can as it will be useful (like the lockers which were next to the site where Amata was at). There is a room that has a dresser; loot it and it will have 5 bobby pins and 2 jumpsuits. Take them if you want and then head to the Overseer's office. Loot whatever you want and then lockpick the door. Next, go to hack the terminal so you can access the Vault Door. Go down the staircase and enter the door. There will be another door and a Radroach. Kill the Radroach and enter the door. When you enter the door, there will be a bigger door and a switch next to it. Click the switch and the door will open. Head through the door and then the next. There will be a panel; click it. Two officers will come. Kill them and then Amata will talk to you. Then head out of the Vault. Note: If you want to change anything, ANYTHING, do it now as you will not be able to do this any other time! Hit "Finished - exit the vault". You will then gain a level after a bit, add points to your skills and choose your perk. Once you level up you will see... POP
Head in the direction of Megaton (follow the direction of the arrow on your compass). Once in Megaton the Mayor/Sheriff will talk to you.
The Power of the Atom
(There are two options to start this quest. Talk to the Sheriff or talk to Mr. Burke)
If you talk to the Sheriff he will have an option to talk about the nuke. Click it and ask about disarming the bomb. He will say okay and tell you that if you can do it he will give you 100 caps (and good karma). (Save before doing this.) There will be a speech option about trying to get him to give you 500 caps instead of 100. Once you have saved, try this and if it doesn't work: load, try, repeat. Once he tells you "Yes. 500 instead of 100", go to the bomb and defuse it (requires 25 Explosive skill points). Once you are done, talk to him and he will give you your 500 (or 100) caps and the keys to your brand new house and some good karma.
Credit to Xetropod5000 for creating this video
Completed "The Power of the Atom"
The Strength bobblehead is located inside the Sheriff's house on a table in a bedroom on the second floor. Talk to the Sheriff and once you get to a point where you have more chances to talk say "I'm looking for my Dad. Do you know where he is?" He will say "I don't know.". Then start asking around town until someone says "Talk to Moriarty." He is in the saloon in Megaton. Talk to him and he will tell you to go get some caps from Silver. Head to Springvale (which is directly in front of Megaton; just head forward until you get experience for discovering it) and find a shack that is called small ranch when you go to the door. Get the caps, head back to Megaton and give them to Moriarty. He will then tell you to head to GNR (Galaxy News Radio). Save. First, before heading to GNR, go to the water processing plant, talk to Walter about fixing the pipes and I will tell where to get them. PIPES: go outside of the WPP, down the broken bus which is to the left of the WPP and, once you get to the area where you can find the Craterside Supply, look over the side and you will see a leaking pipe. Go down to it and fix it. If you have 30 or more Repair points it will allow you to fix it. After you fix that one find a way back up to that platform, go behind Moriarty's Saloon and keep going until you find a hill to go down. Go down the hill, follow the pipe and fix it. Then go to the exit of Megaton (stay inside though) and find the pipe. Follow it upward until you see the leaking part of the pipe, fix it and then head back to the WPP (Water Processing Plant). Talk to Walter and you will get XP, 200 caps and he will now pay you for any scrap metal that you find (it will say scrap metal as it's title). If you have found any already give it to him. Then save. Leave and head to the exit of Megaton. Once outside, head in the direction of the arrow. While you are heading towards your next objective and you see something outside that you can loot, loot it. If you see anything that you want to kill, kill it. Once you have discovered the Super-Duper Mart, you can go in there to find a bunch of items and some XP for killing the Raiders. You will need to come back here for a later quest in the walkthrough. Just keep heading in the direction of the arrow and you will see a river. If you wait there for a while you will find two Super mutant brutes. Hurry up and kill them before you lose your "experience" from the Raiders. Then cross the river and kill the Raiders. Once done, head into the Farragut West Station. Once inside, there will be a door on the right and there will be a terminal. If you have enough Science points, you can hack it. I wouldn't unlock the Protectron without having a Metro ticket which is right beside the terminal. Once hacked, you can unlock the Protectron with no worries because you have a Metro ticket. Kill the Mole rats when you see them and head into a door on your right. When you get to a "dead end", just follow the hallway until you reach a door and a gate door. You can choose to go into that door or skip it and pick the lock on the gate door. As soon as you pick the lock on the gate door, hurry up and pull out a weapon of some sort because those Ghouls you hear will come after you as soon as you open it. Kill them and then head down the hallway. Pick the door that's in front of you. Then there will be a hallway and another door. Head to the other door and save for precautions. Once you head through the door, there will be another door. Head through it. Once you leave the door, head left and there will be a tunnel like thing inside the train tunnel. Take the Nuka Cola and kill the Radroaches that will be coming through. Once done, head to the right when you exit the mini tunnel. Just keep heading right and you will encounter a Super mutant brute (I had one with a nailboard) and a couple of Feral Ghouls. When you kill them, head up the "escalator", head to the left and there will be a gated fence. Once you head through the fence you will encounter 2 Super mutants with Hunting rifles and you will also come across the Brotherhood of Steel. Follow the Brotherhood of Steel until you get to GNR (Galaxy News Radio). Once you follow them to GNR and wait a while, there will be a Super mutant Behemoth. Take him out and then go loot him and any other dead people (you might get a Fat Man!) Then head into GNR and head up the stairs to find a door. Head through it and then head up those stairs. Three Dog will start talking to you and will ask you for a favor in return for giving you a location to where your dad is. Beep Boop...
Completed "Following in His Footsteps"
Then head out of the nearest door which will be downstairs and in front of you. You will see more stairs and another door. Head out that door and then save. Once outside, head down the hill and kill the Feral Ghouls. There will be another door there. Head through it. There will be a few Feral Ghouls on the other side of the train that you can kill. If you do, then you do, if you don't there will be another doorway to head through. Go through it. And once again, go through the next door. Once through the door, there will be a terminal that you can hack if you have the skills required to hack it. Before letting the robot out you will want a Metro ticket because the last one took the other one. If you look to the left of the terminal (on the other side of the room), there will be a desk that is semi-covered. There will be a Metro ticket in there. After letting the robot out (or if you weren't able to), there will be 2 Super mutant brutes that you have to kill. Kill them, loot them and repeat. Once the Super mutants are killed, you will see a door to your right. Not the gated one but an actual open/close door. Head through it and you will encounter a few Raiders and some turrets. First, make your presence known by standing near the window so a turret will start to shoot at you and then let the Raiders come to you. Once they have stopped coming to you, attempt to take out the turrets or disable them with the terminal that is right next to the door. Once finished, save and then head into the cave system. Follow the cave and soon it will turn into a pathway for you to walk on. Follow the pathway until you see a door (the pathway isn't very long). Once there, follow the little hall area and watch out for trip mines. Just keep following it until you get to a door that says Metro Central. Then save. Head through the door and you will encounter some Raiders fighting some Ghouls. Kill both sides and then you will see another door. Head through that as well. Once you head through that door, just head to the right and you will see 2 paths. It doesn't matter which one you take, just walk along either one of them. Once in the wrecked subway area, find you way to the other side. Once there, follow the left path and you will find a few dogs and a Raider. Kill them, loot them and repeat. Head towards the light and underneath the light will be some ammo crates. One has the easy difficulty for lock picking and the rest are already unlocked. Once done, head to the door that you see. In that very short "hallway" there will be another door that says "Open Door to Museum Station". Go through the door. Once in the room there will immediately be stuff you can loot. An ammo box and on the table there will be some shotgun shells. About 3 lockers to the left of you will have some stuff to take. Take it or don't; you decide. Just follow the pathway. Near some stairs will be a Ghoul with its back to you. You can sneak up on it and get a critical hit or just kill it guns-a-blazing. In order to get up the stairs, you will need to open up the "roof". To do that there will be a switch at the bottom of the stairs and will say "Activate Electrical Switch". Activate it and there will be a Raider. Kill 'em and then loot 'em; it's as simple as that! Continue along the pathway upstairs and you will be able to loot some stuff like a "Grognak the Barbarian" book. Go out to the subway/train area (don't know what else to call it), you will encounter a Raider on the right. Kill and then loot him. If you want to kill some more Raiders, head left. If you want to continue on without killing the Raiders, head right. Just keep heading right until you are in another little train stopping area. There will be two Raiders to kill; one on the top level and one on a train. Once you kill them, you can loot the place for ammo and explore or just head towards the objective. Head outside of the gated fence and head in the direction of the flashing arrow. Beware of Super mutants and Super mutant brutes. If you aren't looking for a fight, stay on one of the sides that isn't the middle. Once in the Museum of Technology, you will encounter two Super mutants with Hunting rifles (I suggest taking this kind of weapon if you haven't already. I have about 99 ammo at this part of the game/walkthrough). Head up the stairs once you kill them both and head through the Vault 101 exhibit until you reach a door that says "Open Door to Museum of Technology West Wing". Do as the label says, open the door (this game has a lot of doors doesn't it. I think Bethesda liked doors, what about you?). Just head down the flight of stairs that you see (or go up to kill the Super mutant) and kill whatever (that isn't friendly of course) until you get down the stairs. Follow the walkway until you get to a room with a rocket looking thing with a dish on it. Take the dish and head out of the museum and head towards the post-apocalyptic Washington Monument. Once there, activate the terminal and hit the "open gate" option. Once you get to the top of the monument you can press A on the radio and put the lunar dish on the monument. Once you're done with that, head back to GNR by fast-travelling or walking back. Your choice.
Once back at GNR, head inside there and find Three Dog. Once there, talk to him about your father. He will talk about how your dad had come in and was talking about a project called "Project Purity" and once it says Galaxy News Radio quest complete you will see.... POP
Completed "Galaxy News Radio"
Now onto the next quest which is another 'let's find your dad' quest.
Head onto Rivet City once you get the quest. Once there, press the intercom to have one of the guards move the gate towards you and once you get close Harkness will talk to you. Ask him if he has seen you dad and then Doctor Li. Once done, head through the door to the left. Once inside head past the stairs and to the door that says "door to midship deck". Head down the hallway, then to the right at the end of the hallway and then head left once at the end of that hallway. Then talk to Doctor Li. Once finished, get out of Rivet City and head towards the arrow. That arrow is the Jefferson Memorial. Once in there, kill the enemies and follow the path until you get to the rotunda. Once in the rotunda, head up the stairs, get all of the holotapes, listen to them and then leave. Once outside, head towards Vault 101 or closer to the objective (Vault 112). Once there, head into Smith Casey's Garage and kill the enemies that are in there (2 Radroaches and 2 Mole rats). Once you are finished in that section of the garage, head down to the lower level and there will be 2 more Mole rats. Kill them and head through the door. Follow the path and activate Vault 112. Follow that path until you find a robot. Put on the Vault 112 suit and head into the door that is to the right of the robot. Then look for an unoccupied lounger. It should take you to the "Perfect World" as a kid. You will get 500XP and... POP
Completed "Scientific Pursuits"
Now, onto the next quest.
Do not participate in Betty's games and instead find the abandoned house. Save before you do anything. Press A on these items in the correct order in order to get the fail-safe computer to appear: Radio, Pitcher, Gnome, Pitcher, Cinder Block, Gnome, Bottle. Once you hit that code a computer will digitalise. Press A on it to pull the terminal up. Hit the "Access Chinese invasion program" option. Talk to Betty and, once you're done, leave Tranquility Lane. You will see..... POP
Completed "Tranquility Lane"
Your dad will want to go to back to Rivet City. Head back to Rivet City and back to the science lab. Once he and Li are done talking, head back to the Jefferson Memorial. Your dad will want you to go through and make sure it's safe by killing everybody that's in the building. Once you have killed everyone tell your dad that everything in there is dead and then you have to escort all of them to the rotunda. Once you are there, talk to your dad and he will want you to do some tasks for him. Follow the arrows until you are done with the tasks. Once you are done with those tasks, your dad will want you to drain the pipes. Go back to the beginning area in the memorial and go straight down the hallway where you will see another room. Go into that room and open the grate. When you are in there, hit the wheel (by pressing A) and wait for the other gate to open. Once there, keep heading towards the arrow. When you are there, you will meet some Enclave soldiers. Kill them and keep heading towards the arrow. When you are in the rotunda, you will see that your dad is being interrogated by some Enclave people. Near the end of the dialogue your dad will commit suicide and kill the other Enclave soldiers (well there goes the part of the reason we were playing this game. Why would he do that!?). When Doctor Li starts talking to you, have her lead the way to an exit (A.K.A. a sewer). Once you get to a point where she wants to follow you, just head towards the arrow until you reach a ladder. Use the ladder to get to the Capital Wasteland. Once you are back in the Capital Wasteland you will have discovered the Citadel. Doctor Li will talk to the Brotherhood of Steel member outside to see about going inside. He will refuse to allow her in so she talks into one of the intercoms and they will open the door. Follow Doctor Li into the Citadel once she's there. You will then see.... POP
Completed "The Waters of Life"
Trouble on the Homefront
Before you continue on with the rest of the story line we suggest that you head back to Vault 101 and listen to the "Vault 101 Distress" signal in order to receive the new password/passcode to get into Vault 101. Once inside, open the door that is in front of you. Officer Gomez will be standing there. Talk with him (maybe you guys can catch up) and ask him if he can lead you to Amata. When he does take you to Amata talk to her about the Overseer (her father or if you killed him it will be a new Overseer). When you two have finished talking about the Overseer, go to the room that he is standing in. Save now. Use the speech check to convince him to open up the vault. If you fail then use the save to retry. Once you have convinced him, go back and talk to Amata. She will thank you for reasoning with him. The previous Overseer will step down from power and Amata will take the position as Overseer. Once you exit the vault for the second and last time you should earn this achievement.
Completed "Trouble on the Homefront"
Go and find Scribe Rothchild. He will tell you about an old pre-war computer. Go into the archives and then once in the terminals go to Vault 87 and you will have completed that task. Then go back to Scribe Rothchild for more information on Vault 87. You now have to search Little Lamplight for an entrance to Vault 87. Head to the closest area near the flashing arrow. Once you get to Little Lamplight, just follow the arrow until you get to a mayor. He will yell at you. Then you will have the opportunity to speech challenge the mayor. Succeed that and then talk to him about going to Vault 87. Just follow him until he opens a gate for you and then follow the arrow until you get to the start of metal. Then you will get 800XP and...
Completed "Picking up the Trail"
Continue following the arrow until you get to a door that says "Test Labs". Once you get there keep going until you meet a Super mutant called Fawkes. In order to get him out follow the hallway and look for a room on the right with lights, 2 Super mutants and 2 electric things. Hit the fire alarm to be able to set him free. Be careful as all of the other doors will unlock as well. Head down to Fawkes and he will thank you for helping him out. Follow him till he says to stay in that area. The reason he tells you to stay there is because the hallways he is going to go through are all radiated. So stay there until he comes back with the G.E.C.K. Once he is back with the G.E.C.K., leave Vault 87. In the middle of walking through a hallway, a mine will go off and 3 Enclave people will come by and start talking about taking you and the G.E.C.K to their hideout place. Listen to them argue. Then President Eden will talk to you. Once he releases you from your restraints you will get a..... POP
Completed "Finding the Garden of Eden"
Follow your arrow until you get to President Eden.... If you screw around to much he will announce that you have gone rogue and the soldiers will start to shoot you.
In the second level of Raven Rock search for Colonel Autumn's quarters. The Bobblehead should be on the table when you walk in.
[Returning to storyline] Once you get to President Eden take the FEV and exit the building. You will have little robot like guys helping you along the way so that you don't die as easily. Once you leave, you will find Fawkes. He will be very happy that you are still alive and if you want he will follow you as a companion if you have high enough karma. You will also find Raven Rock and get about 100XP. Whatever you do, don't go near the building while it is exploding. Once this is done, fast travel to the Citadel. Once there, go and report to Elder Lyons. Once you are finished listening, you will see....POP
Completed "The American Dream"
NOTE: If you do not have the Broken Steel DLC installed then you should make a save before starting the quest "Take it Back!". This is necessary because otherwise you will not be able to carry on with DLC quests or other quests once you install Broken Steel.
Once you leave the Citadel, follow Liberty Prime to the purifer. Once there, kill all of the Enclave soldiers that LP didn't kill. Once you're finished, go to the rotunda and you will encounter 2 Enclave soldiers and Colonel Autumn. Kill them (receive good karma) and go to the purifer. There are 5 ways you can end this playthrough.
1) Leave it alone
2) Do it yourself and go to the keyboard and type 2-1-6
3) Have Sentinel Lyons do it for you and tell her the passcode
4) If you still have the virus you can put it in the console of the purifer and type in the code. (not sure if it causes bad karma)
5) Or you can have your partner go in and start it. Your companions will only activate the purifier if Broken Steel is installed.
Choose which option you like and the game will soon be over. Once you do one of the 5 things, you will then go to a cut scene. If you don't have the Broken Steel DLC, you will see....... POP
Completed "Take it Back!"
If you do have the Broken Steel DLC, wait until the cut scene is over and you wake up and you will see the achievement pop up.
QUEST RELATED ACHIEVEMENTS
There are multiple ways to start this quest.
1) Find Reilly in the Underworld hospital called Chop Shop. Get Doctor Barrows to wake her by using a speech challenge, or wake Reilly yourself if your medicine skill is 60. Speak with Reilly and the quest will start. Speaking to Reilly will also enable you to get the code for Theo's ammo cache.
2) Listen to the radio frequency called "Ranger Emergency Frequency". The signal is weak and can not be heard everywhere. You can hear it when near the Rangers location at Our Lady of Hope Hospital and Statesman Hotel. You can also hear the signal at the entrance to the National Archives. Another location is the Metro Central exit on Pennsylvania Avenue.
3) Find the rangers at the top of the Statesman Hotel and talk to the team's medic named butcher.
4) Find the Rangers' hideout and look at the terminal to find out the Ranger's destination.
To get further in the quest travel to "Our Lady of Hope Hospital" and look around there till you find a crate (optional).
Before you start looking for the Hospital get a Fission battery first because if you get to the roof one of the people near the elevator on the roof needs a Fission battery in order to fix it. If you don't have a battery when you are in the Statesman Hotel (there is an entrance in the Hospital), when you get to the restuarant part of the hotel there will be a bunch of Mutants. Kill them and look underneath the staircase going up west. There will be a Protectron with a Fission battery in it. Once acquired, head up the other staircase until you reach what looks like an elevator but says "Open Metal Door to Statesman Hotel Roof". Go in it and make sure that you don't get near the generator that is the closest to the Rangers (on the ground) as when i went near it, it said that I betrayed Reilly's Rangers and mission failed. Head around that part of the building until you see some stairs. Once there, go towards the crowd of people and find and talk to Donavan. Give him the Fission battery and he will fix it up. Follow the Rangers outside and then follow the marker until you get to their compound (or fast travel to the closest location and go from there). Once you have discovered it (the location), find a terminal to open the door, find Reilly and talk to her about the quest that you have completed. She will talk about how much she appreciates you and then she asks you what you want in reward: Eugene (the minigun from Brick) or some Armor. Choose what you want then, bleep bloop, achievement unlocked.
Completed "Reilly's Rangers"
Head of State
For this quest you have to go to the Temple of the Union. The Temple of the Union is located northwest of Canterbury Commons. Once you arrive there, be polite and you will be granted entrance. Once inside, locate Hannibal Hamlin on the first floor. Talking with Hannibal Hamlin will give you two objectives:
- Scout the Lincoln Memorial, located west of The Mall. Once you arrive at the Lincoln Memorial, your objective will change to clearing out the Lincoln Memorial. This can be done by killing all the slavers.
- Assist Caleb Smith. He wants a picture of the Lincoln Memorial. This picture can be found at the Museum of History. Explore the Museum of History and locate the Lincoln Memorial Poster. This poster is on the wall behind a desk. The desk is near the stairs on the top level.
Having completed both objectives you can return to the Temple of the Union. Give the poster of the Lincoln Memorial to Caleb Smith. Then talk to Hannibal Hamlin. Hannibal Hamlin will leave for the Memorial right away when he hears Caleb Smith is ready. Fast travel to Mall Northwest Metro Station and wait about 6 hours untill Hannibal Hamlin arrives. As a reward the player can sell all the artifacts found in the Museum of History to Hannibal Hamlin.
Completed "Head of State"
Big Trouble In Big Town
The quest can be started by speaking with the residents of Big Town. Apparently the town is troubled by Super mutants who capture residents and take them to Germantown. At this point, the Germantown marker is added to your map and you can make your way there. Locate the Germantown Police HQ and enter the building by using the stairs on the wrecked northern side. The Germantown Police HQ is full of traps and several Super mutants. There are two captives you have to free. You can find Red on the ground level. Shorty can be found in the basement. Free Shorty and Red and leave the Germantown Police HQ.
Go back to Big Town and talk to the residents. The residents expect an impending attack of Super mutants and ask for your help. Help them by telling them one of these:
- Explosives: Have them plant mines.
- Sneak: Have them hide in their houses.
- Small Guns: Give them weapons training.
- Melee Weapons: Kick butt with nothing.
Assist Big Town by helping them fend off the Super mutants. This concludes the quest.
Aside from the quest, there is one more thing of interest in Big Town: the Lucky 8 Ball. Go to the clinic and heal the patient called Timebomb. When he is healed he will leave the clinic. Follow him outside and talk to him. He will give you the Lucky 8 Ball which increases your Luck by 1.
Completed "Big Trouble in Big Town"
Agatha's house is northeast of Meresti Trainyard and west of the Scrapyard. Access is gained from the west via a wooden suspension bridge. Talk to Agatha to get the quest going. Agatha wants you to go to Vault 92 and retrieve her great-great-grandmother Hilda's Soil Stradivarius violin.
Vault 92 is located northwest of the ruins of Old Olney. This is a Deathclaw-infested area, so be careful. The inside of the vault is Mirelurk-infested. Enter the vault and take the door to your left, marked "Classroom and Lab". Continue straight to the "Sound Testing" area. Go right at the intersection and find the stairs leading downstairs with a "Lab" sign. Go down and locate the Studio Terminal. Use this terminal to unlock the studio door which contains the Soil Stradivarius on a table.
Having found the Soil Stradivarius you can return to Agatha. The quest reward is access to a violin-playing music station which can be heard everywhere in the wasteland. If you found sheet music in Vault 92 then you can give it to Agatha for an additional reward. This additional reward is the unique weapon, Blackhawk.
Completed "Agatha's Song"
To start this quest, you have to talk to Abraham Washington. Abraham Washington resides in the main room of the Capitol Preservation Society aboard Rivet City. The quest he gives you is to retrieve the Declaration of Independence for him to display in the Capitol Preservation Society. The Declaration of Independence can be found in the National Archives. The National Archives have two entrances. By using the front door you can use the secret elevator as a shortcut AND you can meet a possible follower: Sydney. Even though this guide only covers the front entrance route you can still explore the back door. Or, if you use the back door you can still meet up with Sydney and gain her as a follower.
Go in through the front door of the National Archives. Walk in and find a terminal with a quiz. Winning the quiz will reward you with some unique Mentats. Proceed north and enter the rotunda. Here you will meet Sydney and get a new objective: "Defend the rotunda". Defend the rotunda from two waves of Super mutants. After this fight you can access the terminal with an 'Unlock Rotunda Cargo Lift' option. This reveals a secret elevator leading to the Archival Secure Wing East.
Explore the Archival Secure Wing East carefully. There are quite some mechanical enemies such as Sentry bots and Mr. Gutsy. Eventually, you will find a door that leads to the Archival Strong room. In the Archival Strong room is a Protectron who thinks he's Button Gwinnet. This Protectron holds the password to the stronghold security terminal. Speaking with "Button Gwinnet" gives you the following options:
- Fetch the Ink Container in Arlington Library for Gwinnet Button to forge a copy.
- Convince Gwinnet Button that you are Thomas Jefferson.
- Use the Robotics Expert perk and shut Gwinnet Button down.
- Kill Gwinnet Button
Once you have the password, use the terminal and unlock everything. Search the storage room to find the Declaration of Independence in the main safe. Now that you have the Declaration of Independence you can return to Abraham Washington. You are awarded for completing this quest with schematics of the Railway gun.
Completed "Stealing Independence"
Go to Rivet City and talk to Dr. Zimmer in the Science Lab at Rivet City. At this location, you can also find the Intelligence Bobblehead. To continue this quest, you will have to find clues in the form of the Replicated Man holotapes. These holotapes can be found in the wasteland at the following locations:
- Cutter (Paradise Falls) - On a cabinet in the corner of the room.
- Doctor Banfield (Tenpenny Tower) - In the Examination area on the floor.
- Doctor Barrows (Underworld) - On Nurse Graves' Desk, near the terminal.
- Doc Church (Megaton) Clinic - On a desk, near to the terminal.
- Doctor Preston (Rivet City) - There is no actual holotape but an ensuing conversation.
- Lucy (Little Lamplight) - On her desk at the Essentials Clinic.
- Red (Big Town) - On the desk in the Clinic.
- Knick Knack (Little Lamplight) - On a desk, near the telephone in the Miner Mole store.
- Moira Brown (Megaton) - Behind the counter on a circular table.
- Scribe Bowditch (Citadel) - Near the terminal of Bowditch.
- Seagrave Holmes (Rivet City) - On the floor, close to the bed.
- Winthrop (Underworld) - On a desk in Winthrop's Room
- Manya Vargas (Megaton) - Inside Manya's Home, atop a table.
- Father Clifford (Rivet City) - On the floor inside the pulpit.
- Herbert Dashwood (Tenpenny Tower) - On the lowermost shelf of his bookcase.
- Tulip (Underworld) - At her shop, atop a work bench.
- Eulogy Jones (Paradise Falls) - on the desk in his bedroom.
- Grouse (Paradise Falls) - on the ground near some sandbags.
- Sister (Paradise Falls/Rivet City) - on the desk in his Rivet City room
After finding several clues, you will be approached by Victoria Watts. Victoria Watts will give you the Internal Component. Your next objective will be to talk to Horace Pinkerton. Horace Pinkerton can be found at the Rivet City bow. Go to the flightdeck of Rivet City and look at the broken bow. When facing the bow you can find the entrance to the right, under water (alternatively you can use the normal door to the right of the broken bow, but you need lockpick at 100!). Swim into the bow and prepare to fight some Mirelurks. After the fight, head upstairs and start to carefully explore the area. Eventually, you will find the room with Horace Pinkerton. Horace will give you all the information you need for this quest. All this information leaves you with several options:
- Show Dr. Zimmer the Internal Component received from the Victoria Watts, and inform him that the android is dead. This can be done at any time during the quest as soon as you receive the Internal Component.
- Talk to Harkness and explain to him that he's an android. At this point you can manipulate Harkness to do nothing, to go with Dr. Zimmer or to kill Dr. Zimmer. The latter two options will reward you with A3-21's Plasma Rifle.
- Tell Dr. Zimmer the android's human name and reveal the code to uncover the buried memories. This will be rewarded with the perk "Wired Reflexes".
- To get both rewards go to Harkness and tell him who he is. Then offer to kill Dr. Zimmer for him. Then go to Dr. Zimmer and tell him Harkness is the android.
Completed "The Replicated Man"
Oasis is a settlement located north of Clifftop Shacks in the Capital Wasteland. Finding the entrance to Oasis is a bit difficult. Follow the highway until you see a valley-like landscape. Find the small path between the rocks. (easier said than done). You are welcomed by the local cult, the Treeminders, as the saviour. During some dialogue it becomes clear that you have to talk to Harold. Talking to Harold cannot be done without undergoing the cleansing ritual (Drink the Sap from the Basin of Purification). Harold turns out to be a living tree, kind of. Harold wants you to kill him because he doesn't want to spend the rest of his life as a tree. After this conversation, you have to talk to several of the Treeminders who will provide you with options to deal with Harold. To enter the cave you have to get the key from Branchtender Cypress. Enter the cave and proceed to Harold's Heart while killing Mirelurks. At Harold's Heart you have three options:
- Destroy Harold's Heart. Awarded with the Barkskin perk.
- Apply Birch's Sap (Harold's option) to stop his growth. Awarded with Missile Launcher and Missiles, plus the unique Druid's Outfit.
- Apply Liniment (Laurel's option) to accelerate the growth. Rewarded with Brotherhood Outcast Power Armor and a Villager Hood.
Any of these options will complete this quest. While you are in the caves looking for Harold's heart, make sure to examine everything because there is quite some loot to be found.
This quest starts when you arrive in Canterbury Commons. Once you arrive, you will come across two super heroes. They are the AntAgonizer and the Mechanist. The AntAgonizer leads an army of ants. The Mechanist leads an army of robots. The super heroes fight each other and come to a stand-off. Both of them then leave. At this point you will be spoken by Uncle Roe. Uncle Roe asks you to sort out the situation. When you accept the quest, go and speak to Derek Pacion. Derek Pacion will give you directions to the lair of each super hero. Talk to Joe Porter and you will discover the real name of the AntAgonizer. The general gist is to get rid of one of the super heroes and then report back to Uncle Roe.
AntAgonizer. The AntAgonizer's lair is located to the north of town. Enter the cave and go down the stairs. A button on the wall will lower a staircase to the cave. Go through the cave killing some ants along the way. When you reach the lair, you will discover there are no more ants and you only have the AntAgonizer to deal with. There are several ways of dealing with the AntAgonizer:
- Wearing the Mechanist's costume will make the AntAgonizer attack you.
- Not wearing the Mechanist's costume and handing it over to the AntAgonizer will award you with the Ant's Sting and negative karma.
- Attacking or using aggressive conversation options will naturally start a battle.
- Offering to help fight the Mechanist. At this point the Mechanist will appear and together you will fight the Mechanist.
- High speech in combination with the use of the AntAgonizer's real name will give you a speech challenge. Passing this speech challenge will make her end the super hero lifestyle. Your reward for this will be the AntAgonizer's costume.
- Use the ladykiller perk. This will also make her give up the super hero way of life. Your reward for this will be the AntAgonizer's costume.
- If you read the note to the editor in Hubris Comics about the AntAgonizer's cancelled comic, "Grognak the Barbarian", there is another option. Use this information to tell the AntAgonizer she can still redeem herself. This will make her end her super hero career as well. Your reward for this will be the AntAgonizer's costume.
Mechanist. The Mechanist's Forge is found inside the Robot Repair Center, south of town. Lockpick the elevator near the entrance to cut out the heavily guarded stairs. The facility is made up of four areas. An office to the left-hand side of the entrance. Two maintenance sections, sector A and B, which are linked by a control room on the upper level. Finally, there is the Forge itself where you will find the Mechanist. The security terminal for Sector B is in the control room on the upper level, which handily disables the auto turrets and security robots. The security terminal for Sector A is found in a small control room near the back area of the bay. This terminal also disables the automatic turrets in this room and destroys any active robots that may be in this sector. Enter the forge and activate the coffee maker to discover the Mechanist's den. The Mechanist will hear you out and you have several options to deal with him:
- Wearing the AntAgonizer's costume will make the Mechanist attack you.
- Not wearing the AntAgonizer's costume and giving it to the Mechanist will award you with the "Protectron's Gaze".
- Attacking or using aggressive conversation options will of course start a battle.
- Offering to help fight the AntAgonizer. At this point the AntAgonizer will appear and together you will fight the AntAgonizer.
- High speech will provide you with the option of a speech challenge. Passing this speech challenge will make him end his super hero career. Your reward for this will be the Mechanist's costume.
- Use the Black Widow or the Child at Heart perk. This will make him end his super hero lifestyle. Your reward for this will be the Mechanist's costume.
Completed "The Superhuman Gambit"
NOTE: Before you start the "Tenpenny Tower" quest you might want to finalize the "Strictly Business" quest. Failing to do so will make Susan Lancaster unavailable for the "Strictly Business" quest.
NOTE: The "Tenpenny Tower" quest and the "You Gotta Shoot 'Em In The Head" quest are connected by Allistair Tenpenny's death. If you wish to kill Allistair Tenpenny but don't want to deal with his replacement Gustavo. You can kill him after Tenpenny gives you permission to have the Ghouls move in and before you tell Roy about this.
Talk to Roy Phillips about the possibility of a peaceful negotiation and then bring the proposal to Allistair Tenpenny. He will tell you that if you can convince tenants Edgar Wellington II, Millicent Wellington, Anthony Ling, Lydia Montenegro and Susan Lancaster to have the Ghouls as neighbours, he'll let them move in. You can also get rid of them by murder to accomplish this task.
We suggest talking to each individual about the situation before killing. Remember to save before the speech check in case you fail. That way, if you do fail, you can go back to your last save and keep asking them if they will allow the Ghouls to move in with them (if you get tired of repeating these steps a little bad karma won't do any harm). Do this for all 5 tenants and tell Allistair Tenpenny that they all agreed. He will give you a 500 cap reward. Then go tell Roy Phillips the news and he will reward you a Ghoul Mask (makes you friendly with all ghouls). You will also earn 300XP upon completion of this quest.
You will then see all of the tenants living with ghouls (if they like it or not) for a couple of in game days. If you come back a couple of days later you will notice that only Ghouls are roaming around the hallways. Check the basement to find some dead bodies, find Roy Phillips and question him about this. If you tell him that he isn't allowed to do that, you may now kill Roy Phillips and his gang without losing karma and have the tower all to yourself.
Completed "Tenpenny Tower"
You Gotta Shoot 'Em In The Head
NOTE: The "Tenpenny Tower" quest and the "You Gotta Shoot 'Em In The Head" quest are connected by Allistair Tenpenny's death. If you wish to kill Allistair Tenpenny but don't want to deal with his replacement Gustavo. You can kill him after Tenpenny gives you permission to have the Ghouls move in and before you tell Roy about this.
Go to the Museum of History and locate Underworld. Talk to Mister Crowley in the Ninth Circle or at Carol's Place. After the conversation you have a list of four people. Mister Crowley wants these four dead and the keys of Strayer, Dukov and Dave brought to him. Talking to other residents of Underworld will raise suspicions about Mister Crowley's true motives. Confront him with your findings and you will get 100 caps added to your reward. Mister Crowley's true objective is the suit of T-51b Power Armor stored at Fort Constantine.
Go to Rivet City to find Ted Strayer. Ted Strayer has inherited a key from Jeff Strayer. Killing or pickpocketing are options which give negative karma. Instead you might want to use these options:
- Pay Ted Strayer for his key.
- Use a speech check.
- Convince him with the Toughness perk.
Go to Dukov's Place which is near Tepid Sewers to find Dukov. Killing or pickpocketing are options which give negative karma. There are several other options to acquire Dukov's key:
- Pay Dukov for his key.
- Use a speech check.
- Convince him with the Black Widow perk.
- Use a speech check on Cherry and promise to take her to Rivet City. She will steal the key for you.
- Use the Lady Killer perk on Fantasia. She will steal the key for you.
Dave can be found at The Republic of Dave. Killing and pickpocketing are the available options. Alternatively, Dave will hand over his key after a speech check. While visiting Dave make sure to pick up the Perception Bobblehead in the "Museum of Dave" museum.
Allistair Tenpenny is located in Tenpenny Tower. Killing Allistair Tenpenny will yield positive karma. Alternatively, you can talk to Allistair Tenpenny and listen to his counter offer.
This quest can be completed by one of the following options:
- The player delivers the keys from Dukov, Ted Strayer, and Dave to Mr. Crowley.
- The player acquires the Power Armor in Fort Constantine. If you go to Fort Constantine then you can pick up the Big Guns Bobblehead.
- The player kills Crowley after having been hired by Tenpenny.
Completed "You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head"
Wasteland Survival Guide
You can get this quest started by talking to Moira at the Megaton store. If you choose to destroy Megaton while this quest is active then Moira will survive as a Ghoul. She can be found at the Megaton ruins initially but moves to Underworld later on. If Moira dies then you have failed the quest. You can talk Moira out of doing the guide and receive the Dream Crusher perk and a discount at Moira's. This will complete the quest but will also result in negative karma.
The quest is rather lengthy and consists of a series of smaller sub-quests. You can choose to finish these quickly by lying. However, your final reward will suffer from this. This is why it is recommended to do all the quests as intended. The final reward for this quest is the Survival Expert perk. The perk will vary depending on your conversation choices with Moira. Onto the actual quest:
Find food at the Super-Duper Mart
- Main Objective: Find food at the Super-Duper Mart. When facing the Super-Duper Mart (door side) head through the right door. Once inside, jump over the counter and grab all the food in the fridge. While here pick up the laser pistol and the ammo that is in the locked container.
- Optional Objective: Find medicine at the Super-Duper Mart. When you enter the buidling head straight to the back of the store. You should see a little compartment space with a terminal and a locked door. Hack the terminal and unlock the door. On the back wall you will see a medicine pack. Take the medicine there and report back to Moira.
Contract Radiation Sickness
- Main: Contract 200 Rads. When you exit Craterside Supply head down to the water next to the nuke. Hold down (A) to keep drinking the radiated water. Once you hit the 200 rads mark you can go get patched up by Moira.
- Optional: Contract 600 Rads. Instead of heading back to Moira keep drinking. The more hydrated you are the better. Once you hit 600 rads you can then go to Moira for a new perk as well as being irradiated.
Traverse a Mine Field
- Main: Travel to the playground in the middle of Minefield. Whenever Minefield appears as being discovered keep wandering around until you find a modern day playground. Go to it, then go tell Moira how much fun the playground was.
- Optional: Collect and return a Frag Mine to Moira. While searching Minefield for the playground look at the ground and press (A) twice on a mine. Once to disarm. Once to pick up. Once done head back to Moira to give her a late birthday present.
Test the repellent on Mole Rats
- Main: Test the Mole Rat Repellent on 3 Mole Rats (This is my favourite one). For this talk to Moira and she will give you a stick. Not just any stick, a repellent stick. Exit Megaton and head around the back of the city. There should be 2-3 Mole rats to hit. Don't you just love how they EXPLODE!? If there were 3 of them next time you see Moira, tell her that the poor rats exploded when you whacked them.
- Optional: Test repellent on an additional 7 Mole Rats. If you did what I said previously (except telling Moira), then head to the place that she wanted you to go to originally and kill those other Mole rats until you have killed 10 in total. Now you can tell her that they explode.
Place an Observer Unit inside a Mirelurk nest
- Main: Moira will give you an Observer Unit. Place the unit inside a Mirelurk Egg Clutch in the Anchorage Memorial. This one is just common sense. Go to Anchorage Memorial and find an egg cluster near the water and press (A) to put the device in there. The cluster will be easy to find if you go straight and to the first open door to your right.
- Optional: Do the main objective without killing a Mirelurk. Unlike a lot of the other Optional objectives this will be completed once you talk to Moira about finishing up that side mission. For this, follow the simple directions and make sure you do not kill any Mirelurks while there. Actually, don't kill any Mirelurks until you finish this side mission after you obtain the device to complete the main objective.
Acquire injuries that are more than 50% of your total health
- Main: Return to Moira with less than 50% of your total health. This one is simple. Save first. That way you can reload this save in case you die. Head outside and jump off the railing to fall to your crippling death (not really; just depends on how much health you already have). Once 50% of your health is gone go ask Moira for a bandage.
- Optional: Return to Moira with a crippled body part. Remember when I told you to save? Well if you didn't get crippled then you can reload the save and cripple yourself. Now go ask Moira if she has a cast for you. Or shall I rub some dirt in it?
Research Rivet City's history
- Main: Find out the history of Rivet City. For this mission you want to head to the market part of Rivit City and talk to Bannon about Rivet City's history. He will claim to have helped found this city. After talking to Bannon, talk to another citizen within Rivet City about the history. Doing so will complete the main objective of "Finding out the history of Rivet City.
- Optional: Find out the true history of Rivet City. In order to complete the optional part of this mission, you have to check to see if this information is correct. You should talk to Belle Bonny in the Muddy Rudder bar. She will tell you that what Bannon told you is a bunch of bull and that, if you want to learn the true history, you want to talk to Pinkerton, if he's still alive. In order to find Pinkerton you have to exit Rivet City. Exit the way that you entered. Once outside look to your left, you should see some planes. Hop down to that level and keep heading towards the other half of the ship. Once at the end of the ship that you're on, hop down and look for a doorway underwater to head through. Head through the door, once you find a place to bob your head up do so as you will still be underwater until you reach the more shallower parts of water. At that point, there will be two Mirelurks (depending on your level the worst they can be are Mirelurk Kings) Once you find Pinkerton's Lab talk to him about the history. If you listened and talked to Belle first, you will have the dialogue option “Bannon said he was one of the founders of Rivet City”. This dialogue makes Pinkerton give you proof directly thus completing the optional part of the quest.
RobCo Production Facility Mainframe
- Main: Moira will give you a Processor Widget to install in the RobCo production facility mainframe. All you have to do is go to RobCo Production Facility Mainframe and install the Processor Widget. Once you have installed the widget every robot in the facility will become hostile.
- Optional: Hack the RobCo production facility mainframe (here comes the fun part). Note: You have to have a Science skill of at least 50 in order to hack the mainframe. Save before attempting to hack the mainframe. Once you have hacked it, to make your trip out easier just hit "Pest Extermination" This command will make the robots attack the Radroaches and Mole rats but not you. If you want to watch the robots kill each other, hit the "Stress Testing" command. If you want to have a challenge in either escaping or killing the robots hit "Total Liquidation". We strongly recommend the Pest Extermination command though. Once you toggled one of the three (or all three) go tell Moira.
Man we have almost finished up this entire achievement today. Or tomorrow, or yesterday.
Arlington Public Library
- Main: Access the Card Catalog in the Arlington Public Library. The mandatory part of this quest is fairly easy and shouldn't give anyone any trouble. All you have to do is talk to Scribe Yearling to let you through and then just ask her for a key for the Terminal at the front desk. It contains the Holotape which you require.
- Optional: Retrieve the entire Library Archive. The archive terminal can be found on the third floor of the library media archive, in a room through a hallway which can be accessed via the room with a ceiling mounted turret. There will be Raiders and Radroaches in the building so watch yourself. But also note that you will have two Brotherhood of Steel soldiers accompanying you.
Good. Now tell Moira that you found all these dusty books. My allergies are starting to act up.
Completed "The Wasteland Survival Guide"
Go to the Super-Duper Mart and a little boy, Brian Willks, will come and ask you to find his dad Fred Wilks. Go to Grayditch and enter the Willks' house. Loot Fred Wilks' body to find the shack's key. Enter the shack next door and pick up the hologram. Read the notes to find the location of the Marigold Metro station. Go down the street near the diner to find Brian Willks and tell him you will help him. Next you will need to enter the Marigold Metro tunnels.
Inside the tunnels you will meet Doctor Lesko who has an optional quest for you: Kill the Ant Queen's guardians without hurting the Ant Queen.
Before proceeding make sure to talk about "Serious incentive". He will offer his old lab coat along with bonus perks. Lesko's lab coat gives +20 Radiation Resistance and +10 science. Ant Sight gives PER+1 and 25% fire resistance. Ant Might gives STR+1 and 25% Fire Resistance.
Go inside the Ant Queen's Hatchery and kill the five fire ant guardians, but do not kill the queen. Go back to Lesko's lab and claim the rewards. Go back to the hatchery, kill the queen or hack the terminal to destroy the mutagen sample. Either option will give you a positive karma boost.
Go back to Brian Willks who is either in the Pulowski Preservation Shelter to the right of the diner or at his home. Talk with him and find him a place to live. During the conversation he mentions his aunt Vera Weatherly who lives in rivet city. Vera Weatherly own the hotel in Rivet City and should be easy to locate. Talk to her about Brian Willks and she will agree to take care of the boy. Return to Brian Willks with the good news and the quest is over.
To start this quest, go to Megaton and locate Moriarty's saloon. In or around the saloon you will find Lucy West. Talk to Lucy West and she will give you the quest. She wants you to deliver a letter to her family in Arefu. Arefu's location will be marked on the Pip-Boy 3000.
Go to Arefu and you will be welcomed with a grenade. The grenade was thrown by Evan King. Evan King will apologise and explain the Arefu situation. Evan King will ask you to check the families Ewer, Schenzy and West and see if everything is alright.
First things first. Go to Evan King's house and enter. You will find the Repair Bobblehead on the table.
Time to check on the families in Arefu. The Ewer and Schenzy families are safe. However, when checking up on the West family, you discover the bodies of Lucy's parents. Having a high Medicine skill will give you more clues. When your examination is done you can return to Evan King. Conversaton with Evan King will get you the next objective in this quest: Find Lucy's brother Ian West. (If you did the West's investigation with high medicine you will get the location of The Meresti Trainyard on the Pip-Boy 3000. The Meresti Trainyard is located west of Arefu and directly west of Agatha's house). For this guide we will assume your Medicine was not 90+. Go to the Northwest Seneca Station and locate Murphy's place. Inside Murphy's place, you will find Murphy's chem lab operation. In the back of this place you will find a hatch leading to the Meresti Service Tunnel. While navigating the caves you will have to fight some Mirelurks. When leaving the cave you will be at the old train tracks. There are a lot of traps in this area so be careful. Proceed untill you find Robert, the guard. Robert can be bribed, persuaded or you can show him Lucy's letter. Whatever your choice, do not kill him.
Meet ... the family. Go past Robert, the guard, and talk to Alan, Brianna, Justin, Karl and Holly. If these conversations did not yield you the password then you will have to talk with Vance. When you have acquired the password, go to Ian West's cell. Enter the cell, talk to Ian and let him make his decision. Afterwards go back to Vance and talk to him about Ian. You will be rewarded with the Shishkebab Schematics. Leave the family and go outside. Once outside use the fast travel option to Arefu and inform Evan King of Ian's decision. At this point the quest is completed. However some more rewards can be gained by returning to Evan and asking about the ways of the vampire. This will yield the Hematophage perk.
Rescue From Paradise
Make "Rescue from Paradise" your active quest and proceed to Paradise Falls. Talk to the guard named Grouse and ask him to let you in. With positive karma he will let you in at a fee of 500 caps or if you do him a favor by doing the quest "Strictly Business". Doing Grouse a favor is recommended because there is an achievement to be gained by doing the "Strictly Business" quest. Enslaving one person from Grouse's VIP list will allow you entrance to Paradise Falls.
Explore the inside of Paradise Falls and locate Eulogy's Pad. Inside Eulogy's Pad you can find the Speech Bobblehead at the desk with the terminal. Also find the "Paradise Falls Box key" on the little table next to the large bed. You might want to check behind the stairs to find some Nuka-Cola Quantums. Leave Eulogy's Pad and locate the slave pens and talk to Sammy and Squirrel. We now have two options:
- Find the terminal in Eulogy's Pad and use the "Update Network Connections" option.
- Find the Junction Box which is at the northern wall near the Food Area.
Now go back to Squirrel and he tells you to distract Forty away from the slave pen. To do this we have two options:
- At night when Forty is alone. Convince Forty to apply for a raise from Eulogy.
- Find the slave called Crimson and convince her to keep Forty company. (best done at night)
Talk to Squirrel and Sammy and we're almost done. Apparently Penny doesn't want to leave. Talk to her and find out she does not want to leave Rory Maclaren behind. Go to the box near the toilets and talk to Rory Maclaren. Escort Rory to the gate and return to Penny who is now willing to make her escape. Go outside Paradise Falls and meet the children. Then fast travel to Little Lamplight before anything happens to the kids. At Little Lamplight you will be allowed to enter and you can proceed with your main quest.
Completed "Rescue from Paradise"
NOTE: Before you start the "Tenpenny Tower" quest you might want to finalize the "Strictly Business" quest. Failing to do so will make Susan Lancaster unavailable for the "Strictly Business" quest.
Make "Strictly Business" your active quest and proceed to Paradise Falls. Talk to the guard named Grouse and ask him to let you in. With positive karma he will let you in if you do him a favor. Grouse want you to enslave the people on his VIP list. Enslaving is done with the Mesmetron and a slave collar, which you will get from Grouse.
The enslavees are:
- Flak from Rivet City. pick the lock to his room at around 10pm and close the door. If he's not there, hit the back button and choose to wait for an hour, mezz him when he appears.
- Red from Big Town. Before mezzing Red you might want to complete the quest "Big Trouble in Big Town". Failing to do this will disable the "Big Trouble in Big Town" quest. It is possible for Red to die during the "Big Trouble in Big Town" quest. Simply reload and redo that mission until she makes it through alive. Red can usually be found in her clinic.
- Arkansas from Minefield. Arkansas is a tricky target because he made a minefield which you have to navigate while Arkansas is sniping you. Do not hide behind cars because they too can explode when sniped. In order to mezz Arkansas you will have to melee him. Fast travel too when he starts to run for Paradise Falls. Fast travelling will prevent Arkansas from running into one of his own mines.
- Susan Lancaster from Tenpenny Tower. Susan Lancaster is located on the third floor of Tenpenny Tower. Simple. Alternatively you can find the note in her room with info about her affair with Edgar Wellington II. Show this note to Millicent Wellington and she will kill Susan Lancaster. Now you don't have to enslave her and if Susan Lancaster was your last target then the quest will be completed upon her death.
Completed "Strictly Business"
The Nuka-Cola Challenge
To start this quest go to Girdershade and speak to Sierra Petrovita. Girdershade is located at the far south near the edge of the world map, west of Jocko's Pop & Gas Stop and southwest of Smith Casey's Garage. Sierra Petrovita wants you to locate 30 Nuka-Cola Quantums. Give her the requested 30 Nuka-Cola Quantums to unlock the achievement. In addition to the achievement there are more rewards. Sierra Petrovita gives you the Schematics for the Nuka grenade, and you get 300XP. In the future she will also make the Mississippi Quantum pie if you bring her the ingredients.
Sierra Petrovita's bodyguard, Ronald Laren, will want you to give the Nuka-Cola Quantums to him at double the price Sierra Petrovita is paying. Doing this will not get you the achievement. However if you manage to find 59 Nuka-Cola Quantums then you sell 29 to Ronald Laren and 30 to Sierra Petrovita. Obviously this would triple your monetary gain.
An easy way to aquire the 30 Nuka-Cola Quantums is to use the Quantum Chemist perk. This allows you to convert ordinary Nuka-Cola into Nuka-Cola Quantums. Since ordinary Nuka-Cola is easy to find in the game this will make things much easier.
Alternatively you could opt for searching Nuka-Cola Quantums in the game. Nuka-Cola Quantums found in vending machines are random. Nuka-Cola Quantums which are not random are in this list (courtesy of http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Wiki):
- Alexandria Arms - There's one in a locked room on the second floor, near a terminal and a counter with two ammunition boxes and a book.
- Anchorage Memorial - Enter the service entrance at the south east side of the memorial, take a left and then go to the end of the hall where there is a utility door; the Nuka-Cola Quantum is in that room. The room also holds a key to a stash of supplies in the memorial located in a freezer at the bottom of the memorial. The door can only be opened with a 35 or higher Repair skill and a piece of the door which can be found locked inside a safe in the floor of the medical room in the memorial (or it can be opened with a 95 Repair skill without the piece from the safe). The medical room can be accessed by entering the memorial through the topside entrance, going straight down to the first open area, then you should see the green glowing sign with the word 'Clinic' written on it. This is all part of an unmarked quest to get the stash of supplies left in the facility for a guy named Ted, whose corpse is lying on the ground directly in front of the clinic. Looting his corpse will yield a note with instructions on how to get to the stash.
- Andale - In an overturned trailer under a highway north of Andale.
- AntAgonizer's Lair - One next to the AntAgonizer's throne. Don't use the main entrance here, just use the sewer system on top of the hill to get straight to the throne room.
- Arefu - East of Arefu you will find a small wooden dock. Next to the dock is a wooden pole sticking out of the water. The Nuka-Cola Quantum is sitting on top of the pole.
- Arlington Library - In the Media Archives: in a room on the top floor with two computer terminals, one of which controls a safe. The bottle is hidden behind a small round table in the corner and can be quite difficult to see.
- Bethesda Ruins - In the Underworks, on a shelf in a small room near the manhole entrance. There is also a mini nuke in a box next to it. Inside the Bethesda Ruins you can also find the Lockpick Bobblehead.
- Charnel House - In a scavenger's house north of Charnel House.
- Chaste Acres Dairy Farm - There is a crashed Nuka-Cola truck near an unmarked gas station just west of the dairy farm. This is the truck that was delivering the shipment from the Nuka-Cola Plant. In the back of the truck there are 5 Nuka-Cola Quantums.
- Chryslus Building - One is inside the building in a small room filled with debris. It is in the bottom right corner of the local map in a crate under a desk on the first floor. The other is at the end of a destroyed highway bridge halfway between the Chryslus Building and the Corvega Factory (approach from the south between the City Liner bus and the Corvega billboard).
- Cliffside Cavern - In the second cavern on a table to your right.
- Deathclaw Sanctuary - Near the Endurance Bobblehead.
- Dukov's Place - On a shelf behind the bed. Needs to be stolen.
- Dunwich Building - In a small room down the hall and to the right.
- Evergreen Mills - In the bazaar behind the first bar on the right inside a box with empty soda bottles.
- Flooded Metro - One is on a table in the Raider camp that is southeast of the Metro station. The other is sitting on a gun cabinet inside the Metro station, in the same room as the "Shocker".
- Foggy Bottom Station - Walking from the DCTA Tunnel (014-B Potomac entrance), take the first left into the small area between the tracks where it can be found along with a few Raiders. It is located behind the gate next to the table and machinery.
- Fort Bannister - In the Commanding Officer's Quarters in the same room where you meet Commander Jabsco.
- Fort Constantine - CO Quarters: in the room on the right (the kitchen area). There is also the Bobblehead - Big Guns in the basement here.
- Fort Independence - There's a Quantum sitting on a table in a room with a number of sleeping Outcast soldiers.
- Franklin Metro Utility - Next to the "Burnmaster".
- Georgetown West - In a Pulowski preservation shelter to the left of the Grocer (which is to the left of the Radiation King).
- Germantown Police HQ - In a closet attached to the kitchen where Shorty is being held, in the southwest corner of the basement, behind a metal box.
- Ghoul Outpost - In the back room, in front of the cell with the Super mutant.
- Greener Pastures Disposal - In the office, same location as the Bobblehead - Agility.
- Hamilton's Hideaway - In a crate on a desk towards the back of the cave; there will be two Raiders near the bottle listening to Galaxy News Radio.
- Hubris Comics - Near the foreman's room, next to the terminal controlling the turrets.
- Irradiated Outhouse - South of Chaste Acres Dairy Farm. Inside the bathtub.
- Jalbert Brothers Waste Disposal - One is on a desk in the eastern office. The other is northwest of the waste disposal, lying on the ground next to a wrecked tractor trailer.
- Jocko's Pop & Gas Stop - There is one in the shop.
- Jury Street Metro Station - In the Metro station in Ryan Brigg's room.
- L.O.B. Enterprises - In Falls Church: As soon as you enter the L.O.B. Enterprises building, take a right and then take the hallway left. Keep going west-northwest and you will eventually come to a room with a set of stairs going down. Across the stairs (don't actually go down the stairs, just look across), you will see a Nuka-Cola Quantum on a shelf. (This building also contains lots of turpentine, tin cans and Abraxo cleaner for making Nuka-grenades.)
- La Maison Beauregard - One bottle on the second floor, near the radio.
- Lincoln Memorial - Go inside the maintenance room, take a right. Then look right and it's on a shelf.
- Lucky's - There is one in a wrecked display case. It needs to be stolen.
- Mama Dolce's - On the highest floor, on a desk with an active terminal in a room in the northeast corner containing a first aid box, a broken door and a Nuka-Cola vending machine.
- Marigold Station - Inside the Metro station behind a terminal in the Queen Ant's Hatchery.
- MDPL Mass Relay Station - In the safe with a very hard lock. You can also hack the terminal on the desk.
- MDPL-13 Power Station - On the workbench as soon as you enter the power substation, directly west of the entrance to the main plant. There is also a schematic for the railway rifle.
- MDPL-16 Power Station - On the workbench as soon as you enter.
- Minefield - Southwest of Minefield is a fenced-in power station. One Quantum is on a beam above the power station. You'll have to shoot at it to get it down. Another Quantum is under a nearby power tower. Also under the tower is a BB gun and some ammunition, which is the best thing to use to shoot the other Quantum down, due to it not using any rare ammunition or damaging any powerful guns.
- Mirelurk Nesting Hole - At the hatching site protected by a Mirelurk King at the end, in a nook next to the girders and above some concrete slabs.
- Murder Pass - Between Lamplight Caverns and Vault 87: you will find a Nuka-Cola Quantum on a metal shelf.
- Museum of History - Lower Halls, First Floor: One in a box under a table, next to two Nuka-Cola machines.
- Museum of Technology - Inside the Planetarium maintenance room.
- National Guard Depot - Bunker: underneath the table with the experimental MIRV.
- Nuka-Cola Plant - One is located in one of the trucks behind the plant. Three more are at the production line. You have to start the machinery by activating it at a computer located at the room next to that room.
- Oasis - Near where you find Harold's heart, there is a door to a Damp Cave. Inside the cave you'll find a Mirelurk King, a Mirelurk Hunter and a Mirelurk. The Quantum is down where the Mirelurk King is.
- Old Olney Sewer - In a room with some bedding. The room is located directly south west of the lower Old Olney exit on the local map. When you enter the sewers, the door leading to this room is to the left. Heading to the right will only lead to a large number of Deathclaws.
- Paradise Falls - In Eulogy Jones' pad. Head towards the stairwell but go into the space next to the stairs and you will see several crates with Nuka-Cola Quantum. There are 5 bottles in all. Be careful when taking them because, if witnessed, Clover, Crimson, Eulogy and slavers may become hostile.
- Red Racer Factory - Very top floor CEO offices, the surgeon's room. Inside the small room that is lit up in red and has Stefan locked in it.
- Regulator HQ - In the back room in an open locker (only available with the Lawbringer perk).
- Republic of Dave - In Dave's room on top of Dave's personal safe (must be stolen).
- Rockbreaker's Last Gas - In the fenced area, on top of a Nuka-Cola machine.
- Roosevelt Academy - In the library, on the eastern-most side of Roosevelt Academy: As soon as you walk in, there's a Nuka-Cola Quantum to the left on a desk. This requires a Lockpick skill of 100 in order to gain entry. There is also an underground maintenance route you can use to gain access to the Roosevelt Library. You can access this route in either Roosevelt Academy or the Athletics Hall.
- Satcom Array NN-03d - One is on the roof of an unmarked Outcast shack that is southwest of the array. One is in the abandoned tent that is south of the array.
- Seward Sq. Northwest - Go into Capitol Building East Entrance and go left. There is a bottle by the coffee maker in the first room.
- Sewer Waystation - One is sitting in an open fridge right inside the waystation and the other is in Gallo's safe inside the County Sewer Mainline.
- Smith Casey's Garage - Inside the garage.
- Springvale Elementary - On top of the giant cage just inside the Main Entrance (from Vault 101 head northeast and the MAIN entrance is along the road facing west). As soon as you enter there is a massive square cage in front of you, the bottle is on the far top edge. You can shoot it down or walk around until you're upstairs and jump across. You can also go to the side of the cage the bottle is on and jump up and quickly tap A when the message appears momentarily to grab the bottle.
- Statesman Hotel Restaurant - On the 3rd floor (the level with the door to the roof) in the large bar area. It is located in a crate under the bar.
- Super-Duper Mart - To the north, along the river, In the Super-Duper Mart in a few metal boxes you can search for a key to the pharmacy room or you can pick the lock of the room. It's the room with the Protectron in it. In the room you find some boxes with Nuka-Cola in it and in the boxes you can find 3 bottles of Nuka-Cola Quantum.
- Taft Tunnels - Sitting on a lunch bench next to a generator with a board on top of it.
- Takoma Industrial - Go inside the factory using the southwestern door. Once inside, head up the stairs to your left. You will notice some wood planks on the other side of the railing. Jump over the railing, onto the wooden planks and then onto the small ledge down below. There is a Nuka-Cola Quantum on the other side of the generator.
- Tenleytown/Friendship Station - There is one sitting on top of a bench upstairs in the big room with the bonfire that's upstairs too.
- VAPL-58 Power Station - Inside the power station on the workbench. In a makeshift shed by the billboard southeast of the power station.
- Vault 87 - Not to be confused with the bottle found in Murder Pass. Another is located in one of the Vault's storage rooms before you encounter Fawkes.
- Vault 92 - In the living quarters past the male room. You can see the bottle behind the window.
- Vault 108 - Entrance floor in a small storage room adjacent to the malfunctioning generator. Behind several yellow metal crates is a metal ladder, the bottle is on top of the ladder.
- Vault-Tec Headquarters - On the second floor in the Vault-Tec Corporate Offices on a shelf on the northern section of the map.
- Vernon Square East - On a shelf at the westernmost point inside the Vernon East/Takoma Park Metro station.
- Warrington Station - In Roy Phillips' room between a couple of metal boxes on the floor.
- Yao Guai Tunnels - Enter the tunnel and go straight until the 4-way intersection. Turn left at the intersection. It is sitting on a table, easily seen. A radio is tuned to GNR nearby.
- Abandoned Apartments (The Pitt add-on) - The door to the Abandoned Apartments is across the road from Haven. In one of the rooms, there is a Nuka-Cola Quantum on the counter in plain sight. Under this counter is another. The third is at the only place on the 3rd floor you can get to (NW corner of the building).
- Adams Air Force Base (Broken Steel add-on) - At the Air Traffic Control Tower after you open the ramp in the top chamber, go left, and then look underneath the second desk to your left.
- Museum Authority Building (Broken Steel add-on) - In a toilet tank in the women's restroom.
- Old Olney Underground (Broken Steel add-on) - In the stone basement, you will come across a locked cell door. Inside is a bottle of Quantum along with some ammunition boxes.
- Presidential Metro (Broken Steel add-on) - After you clear out the ghouls M.A.R.Go.T. told you about, it is in a room down the right of the tracks. "Equipment Room" is written next to the door .
- Calvert Mansion (Point Lookout add-on) - In the panic room after hearing voices on your left side as you enter on a shelf along with 4 other Nuka-Colas. These Colas have been made miniature to fit on the shelf.
- Flooded Sinkhole (Point Lookout add-on) - Floating in the water, among other debris.
- Ritual Site (Point Lookout add-on) - Hidden in an open casket in the northern-most part of the caves.
- Trapper Shack (Point Lookout add-on) - Basement, in the Swamplurk enclosure.
- Engineering Core (Mothership Zeta add-on) - One appears in a box with some alien power cells after one of your returns to the Engineering Core. The other appears in a box behind a generator after one of your returns to the Engineering Core.
While the Nuka-Cola Challenge quest is active, there are two optional quests available: "Recover the shipping manifest" and "Just For The Taste Of It". Details of these quests are in the "OPTIONAL QUESTS" section of this playthrough.
Words of warning:
- If you carry more than 30 Nuka Cola Quantums then Sierra Petrovita will take all of them.
- Companions who enter Sierra Petrovita's house with you may turn hostile towards Sierra Petrovita.
- If you want to use the Quantum Chemist perk to make 30 Quantums. Do not store your Nuka-Colas in your Nuka-Cola Machine. When your Nuka-Colas are made Ice Cold you can not use the perk to convert them into Nuka-Cola Quantums.
Completed "The Nuka-Cola Challenge"
Pickpocket is enabled when you crouch near somebody. Your chance of success is determined by your Sneak. Some things you might want to remember when attempting to pickpocket:
- Turn off the light on your Pip-Boy
- Do not wear heavy armour, although Recon Armour is highly recommended
- Use a Stealth Boy
- Your sneak skill is derived from your Agility. Improve your Agility by means of the Agility Bobblehead
- Improve your Sneak by means of the Sneak Bobblehead
- Improve your Sneak temporarily by means of the skill book "Chinese Army: Special Ops Training Manual"
When you are nearby someone and you have a frag grenade or frag mine (pulse mines and grenades do not work...... trust me I tried it) press A to pickpocket and then press LT to switch to your inventory. Press A on a frag mine or grenade. Then back out (listen to them ramble on about pickpocketing if they caught you) and watch them explode. On the plus side you get to hear bleep bloop again.
Placed a grenade or mine while pickpocketing
Recover the shipping manifest
The shipping manifest contains the locations of several shipments of Nuka-Cola Quantum. Needless to say this might aid you with the Nuka-Cola Challenge. Start this quest at the Nuka-Cola plant where you can find a terminal entry with shipping details. For this terminal entry you need a code which you can acquire from Milo, the shipping foreman. Milo is in the same room where the computer terminal is located. Use the code and use the option to retrieve the shipping manifest. The manifest tells the locations where shipments of the Nuka-Cola Quantum were in the process of delivery:
- shopping center at Paradise Falls; in Eulogy's Pad underneath the stairs next to a bed
- Super-Duper Mart; found in the back store room near the fallen shelves next to the Protectron.
- Old Olney grocery; this shipment of Quantum never made it. The skeletal remains of the driver can be found on the steps outside a building in Old Olney along with the Nuka-Cola Accident Report. Find the shipment halfway between Old Olney and Chaste Acres Dairy Farm.
Just For The Taste Of It
Find the body of Winger Mercier on the second floor of the Nuka-Cola plant's office section. Search Winger Mercier's body to find the "Finding the Formula" note. Enter the Nuka-Cola plant and go to the first room to the left. This room is the R&D department. The formula is inside a wall-safe in the R&D department. To open this safe a key is required. The key is held by Milo the shipping foreman. Acquire the key, open the safe and find the formula.
Find anything you think is wrong with this walkthrough? Help us fix it by posting in its Walkthrough Thread
This walkthrough is the property of TrueAchievements.com. This walkthrough and any content included may not be reproduced without written permission. TrueAchievements.com and its users have no affiliation with any of this game's creators or copyright holders and any trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.