To unlock this achievement, as it says, beat D-Day mission on Veteran difficulty. For me, besides Hill 400, this was the hardest one (So this is the second hardest mission, in my opinion).
The beach is one sticky spot. Take cover and wait for the part you climb up. I had issue with some of the guys hitting me from above so if you have the same issue, be prepared to take them out.
Another hard part is crossing the field on top of the cliff. Use lots of smoke and proning (getting all the way to the ground). Use cover (or smoke cover) when you can.
The last hard part for me was securing buildings A-F. The enemies will keep on respawning until you finish the tasks and your support comes. If you are having problems try this: Lob a smoke grenade just inside the building entrance, toss 1-2 real grenades in the buildings, run and gun in (use an automatic), kill everything that moves on the ground floor, then quickly take cover. If your quick enough you can hide undercover and your meat shields/comrades will come on in. Then you are going to have to clear the upstairs out. I did the buildings OUT OF ORDER. I am not sure if that helps or not.
Here are some general tips:
- Cover is your friend. Don't be afraid to kill enemies but don't stay out of cover for too long and never stand in the open. Take cover and use it well. Always take cover when reloading. It only takes 2-3 hits to die not to mention getting sniped. If your flashing red TAKE COVER.
- Your team members, or mates, comrades, or meat shields (whatever you want to call them) are GREAT most of the time. They will take out numerous enemies and keep you well protected as long as you take cover and let them do the good deed of dying for country. If they are not advancing then you must do it, there are several times it pays to advance some and once you see them coming drop back. They also raid house pretty well (the bottom floor most of the times).
- In open areas with gun fire use smoke grenades. Also in open areas the best weapon to use is either riffles or snipes.
- In close areas (read raiding houses) use real grenades, they are the best weapon. Also equip yourself with anything that is an automatic.
- Many times if you get stuck try to go a different way or take different types of cover in different positions. There are defiantly different ways to make it through this game, for the most part.