To unlock this achievement, as it says, beat Rommel's Last Stand mission on Veteran difficulty.
Rommel's Last Stand is the 6th chapter in the game and consists of three parts: Armored Car Escape, Retaking Lost Ground, and Assault on Matmata.
Armored Car Escape - Get ready to take out a bunch of Nazi's. Near the start you can use the mounted gun inside the window but I never did. I always found it less affective then cover/shoot/repeat method. Stay low and slowly work your way outside and take out wave after wave. Once you get to the alleys just worry about the bad guys on the lower level (I pretty much ignored the guys on the roof, just stay out of their way). Once you get to the creates you are going to have to take out rocket launchers on the roof, this is a very hard point but your going to have a checkpoint to work with. You are going to start riding a armored car and take out a few waves of enemies and several rocket launchers before they blow your ride away. After you are back on the ground you have a few more waves of enemies to take out to end this part but nothing as hard as the start of this mission.
Retaking Lost Ground - There is not much to say here. You are going to be taking out artillery crews (never did that before!). Just take your time, take cover, and let your fellow men take the bullets for you. Keep on advancing to each objective and take out all the crews to end this portion of the mission.
Assault on Matmata - Ready for some intense action! When you get control you will be a easy target for a number of snipers, I highly suggest backing up to the back wall while taking out the snipers on the roof and walls. Stay in the back wall until you take them all out. As you progress though this level keep an eye out for snipers and turrets. Use smoke to take cover and grenades to take out the turrets. When you get to the tank I suggest using smoke to advance towards it while avoiding the half of dozen enemies. The last part you are going to take out the planes with the AA gun. Shoot at the planes and get ready to jump out when they start to toss grenades at you. Keep this up until you shoot down the planes to end this chapter.
- Cover is your friend. Don't be afraid to kill enemies but don't stay out of cover for too long and never stand in the open. Take cover and use it well. Always take cover when reloading. It only takes 2-3 hits to die not to mention getting sniped. If your flashing red TAKE COVER.
- Your team members, or mates, comrades, or meat shields (whatever you want to call them) are GREAT most of the time. They will take out numerous enemies and keep you well protected as long as you take cover and let them do the good deed of dying for country. If they are not advancing then you must do it, there are several times it pays to advance some and once you see them coming drop back. They also raid house pretty well (the bottom floor most of the times).
- In open areas with gun fire use smoke grenades. Also in open areas the best weapon to use is either riffles or snipes.
- In close areas (read raiding houses) use real grenades, they are the best weapon). Also equip yourself with anything that is an automatic.
- Many times if you get stuck try to go a different way or take different types of cover in different positions. There are defiantly different ways to make it through this game.