To unlock this achievement, as it says, beat the Tank Squadrons mission on Veteran difficulty.
This mission is split into two parts (which will be covered below) Crusader Charge and 88 Ridge.
General tip while manning the tanks. Keep the back of your tank away from the enemy, on veteran mode, if you get hit from behind you typically will die. Thanks to Bob Almighty125 for this!
This part is fairly easy. The point of the mission is to, of course, not die however you must also have at least one allied tank alive as well to pass this part of the mission. I did not have an issue with my allies too much, it was me that was dying.
You will want to run and gun. If you stand still too long you WILL get hit. You also want to avoid hitting the tanks head-on, it seems they have more armor on the front, best places to hit them are on the sides and back ends.
Focus on the tanks by themselves or with few allies, don't attempt to rush into a whole horde of them.
This part is a little harder but still not too bad. You will need to take out two small groups of reinforcements and then your done with this level. You will not be able to use the same exact strategy for this portion of the mission that you used in the first part. You can not find solo tanks that often so just work on the outside of this group and try not to rush it. You will be taking out tanks and anti-tank guns. The tanks are really not too hard, it's the AT guns, they can rip you apart.
If within range, take out the AT gun first (they are destroyed in one hit). But if tanks are in between you and the guns of course take out the tanks. Same tips as above, keep moving, hit the tanks on their back ends, work from the outside in (don't try to rush).
Here are some general tips
- Cover is your friend. Don't be afraid to kill enemies but don't stay out of cover for too long and never stand in the open. Take cover and use it well. Always take cover when reloading. It only takes 2-3 hits to die not to mention getting sniped. If your flashing red TAKE COVER.
- Your team members, or mates, comrades, or meat shields (whatever you want to call them) are GREAT most of the time. They will take out numerous enemies and keep you well protected as long as you take cover and let them do the good deed of dying for country. If they are not advancing then you must do it, there are several times it pays to advance some and once you see them coming drop back. They also raid house pretty well (the bottom floor most of the times).
- In open areas with gun fire use smoke grenades. Also in open areas the best weapon to use is either riffles or snipes.
- In close areas (read raiding houses) use real grenades, they are the best weapon). Also equip yourself with anything that is an automatic.
- Many times if you get stuck try to go a different way or take different types of cover in different positions. There are defiantly different ways to make it through this game.