A few hints and tips i can give, and things to expect: (Bad ones first)
Firstly, its going to be HARD. sometimes making you so angry you want to jump out your window head first and end it right there. but thats expected, it IS veteran right? i have completed 6 CoD campaigns on veteran (all but CoD1 & 2) and this game is definitely the toughest ive come across to date! but dont worry, you will do it.
Secondly, the checkpoints are ridiculously far apart! this will probably frustrate you most of all! all that work you;ve done and you get sent back miles into the level. Bummer. Also this game is the most glitchy game out there. you get stuck on and inbetween walls, doors, trees basically all random enviromental objects, sometimes your squad ends up glitched in stupid places and cant free themselves making you restart checkpoints etc etc. really really annoying. also sometimes, when a german is in cover, you will be blatently shooting them in the head/body and it will not register a hit, making you move out of cover to kill the dude and then some kraut pops one in the side of your head. having to start at the last checkpoint (which is most likley miles away) That window is sounding tempting now isnt it?...................
and thirdly, friendly fire. your squad are affected by this and its hard sometimes not to kill them, why? because they are silly! You will be giving it the beans on a wall mounted MG and some numbskull will run out directly in your line of fire! and another classic, your at a front door of a house full of germans, thinking what to do, you lob a nade in there to soften them up a little before you make your entrance. and before you know it, your squad are piling in this room and get blown to bits by your grenade. so if you kill a friendly, even by accident, its yep you guessed it! back to the last checkpoint!
Thats the bad parts out the way, now for the helpfull tips to help you get this G and an awesome ratio,
1. Always let your squad go first. there are many times when you can sit back in cover and let them clear out a good portion of baddies before you pop your scared little head out. saving you alot of effort!
2. Abuse the auto-aim. this little gem is a life saver. press LT to look down the sights and it snaps to the nearest enemy giving you a clear quick shot to waste them. this works best with bolt action rifles because its one shot kill, so if you perfect this you will be practically quick scoping your way through the game. combine this with standing to shoot and quickly ducking down to cover again makes you almost un-hittable. use it and abuse it!
3. Keep moving forward. Most of the levels have infinite respawning enemies. if you dont move up once wasting a few germans, they will keep spawning all day long. the way to combat this is to cap the nearest couple (or ones that seem the most dangerous) and move on up to the next piece of cover. doing this will trigger them not to spawn. also they will seldom stop and fire apon you when THEY are running to cover. they will finish running first to wherever theyre going, then they will fire. so its a perfect time to open up on them cause they rarely fire back.
4. Smoke grenades are your friends! if you keep finding yourself getting turned into swiss cheese by a wall of german bullets, throw smoke. it seems an obvious option but its really easy to get carried away with trying to kill as many krauts as you can while trying to move up. so throw smoke! (the auto aim trick still works through smoke nades so you can kill enemies with out even knowing where they are!
5.Go in guns blazing! sometimes when trying to clear a house or similar area, grenades just dont do the job, neither does any of your pussy squad want to be the first one through the door. so its down to you. ive found that if you burst in to a room at speed, firing from the hip the AI kind of dont know what to do and just stand there. (only for a few seconds though, buts its enough time trust me) so its always a good option if you have run out of nades ect. just make sure you reload before doing it so you have the maximum amout of rounds to unleash when doing the deed .and if there happens to be more pesky germans in there than expected, dont waste time reloading, melee those bitches! i liked the MP40 for this job, quick, big magazine, very common gun for ammo and packs a punch close range.
6. Watch youtube vids. i recommed a guy called "Labradoodlesrule" hes got all the levels up on there and its super handy if your stuck, and its also good to see whats lies up ahead. If you havent had a checkpoint in a while you will most likely be paranoid about moving up incase you run into 20+ fritz round the corner. But this solves that! heres a link to the playlist thanks to Pedle Zelnip: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLADB328527D50090F
7. Its all in the choice of weaponry! there are some good weapons and some bad ones. picking the right one for the job makes the difference between checkpoint and dead before checkpoint. as a somewhat CoD enthusiast (more battlefield nowadays, good or bad? you decide) im partial to a good assult rifle or SMG. but i tended to stay away from these as i found i could kill alot quicker with the bolt action rifles combined with the auto-aim trick. the Lee Enfield or Kar98 where the best. along with the M1 Garand not far behind. the Tompson is horrible, so use the MP40 instead if you can for machine guns i find it alot better. The Bren gun is a heavy machine gun and i will go as far to saying this is (in my own opinion) the best gun in the game. its so devastating and its so versitile. this gun is also one shot kill, so by using the auto-aim trick and firing just one bullet from it you now have a rifle and a machine gun in one. so you can snipe away and rush rooms with the same weapon!
All in all its really not as hard as i make out. you just have to have patience. its key in this game! if you get frustrated. put it down and come back another day. (but remember to save!) if you follow and combine these simple tips im sure you will bash through the levels in no time! have fun!
hope my info helps out as much as possible, and good luck to all!