Crimson Drifter already posted a nice description on how to find (and fight) King Poo.
I just want to share a few additional strategies and infos.
I was playing on normal, first playthrough.
My characters were around level 60 with rank 90 - 95 in their primary (equipped) shadow class and it was over before i had a chance to use corporeal more than once. With the strategy and setup below i wasn't really in any danger. During the fight, i only had to revive my main tank once.
First off, the Poo Bracelet does not work against King Poo.
Now to the tips:
1. Try to chain your assault on King Poo with at least one group of regular poo snakes. That way you get the chance to buff your party before the real fight even starts. Stink up one of your characters if necessary.
2. Barrier magic additionally to support magic. Wallus and Shieldus fully charged reduce incoming damage by 35% for the entire team, which might easily be the difference between 1 cast of zephyr or 2. Or between life and death.
3. Equip your entire team with Guardians Defense Stat and Barrier Magic Defense Stat. With that and the barrier magic protection, the damage from King Poos darkness area spell ranged from 200 - 400, on critical hits around 650, depending on the target.
4. Use accessories that protect from elements and/or darkness. Additionally, equip your main healers with protection from instant KO.
5. Use a tank with Total Guard skilled for maximum survivability. King Poo rarely uses several area attacks in a row. With a Guardian like that it is highly unlikely that King Poo manages to take down more than one character at once, which in turn reduces the amount of turns you have to waste with healing/reviving or lose by incapacitated fighters.
Lastly, a quick overview of my team setup and their primary roles:
- Skills +8
- Accessoires + 3
- Guarding Defense Stat
- Barrier Magic Defense Stat (if not barrier magic user already)
- Noone had Resurrection, since i planned to get another poo snake to buff beforehand, this would just have been a wasted skill slot as I had 3 characters with double cast and white magic for previve.
Giro, Barrier Magic, back row
- Primary Role: Heal/defense
- White Magic, Black Magic
- Magic supporting skills: Buff Duration, Double Cast, Magic Essence, Quick Charge/Cast
Shu, Sword Master, front row
- Primary Role: Tank
- Total Guard, Absolute Counter, Berserker, Endure, Double Attack, Crit damage and rate boost, Less is More, Monk Atk Stat
- No HP/MP up, stats were maxed already
Zola, Sword Master, front row
- Primary role: "Leader"/Backup. Skilled as a jack of all trades for backup in case one of the specialists goes down
- Double Cast, all magic classes except black
- Ninja Speed, Crit rate and damage up
Manomaro, Monk, front row
- Primary role: Physical damage dealer
- Less is More, double attack, charged attack, crit rate and damage up, Ninja speed
- Magic sword
Kluke, Support Magic, back row
- Primary role: Support > backup healer > Magic Attack
- White Magic, Black magic, double cast, quick charge, Spell Duration
- Endure, Ninja Speed