*** SERVER SHUTDOWN IMMINENT: EA has scheduled the Burnout Revenge servers for shutdown on October 24th, 2017. ***
** NOTE: EA shut down the servers for this game in April of 2012, but brought them back up - without announcement - in May of the same year. Thanks to all the commenters that kept us updated for five years as the servers continued operations! **
I realize most everyone that is going to get this achievement already has it, but for those about to plug away at it and planning on boosting with a partner:
1) Set up a crash party with another person.
2) Set the number of rounds to 10 (max).
3) Make sure you both select the same car.
4) Walk away from the controllers.
5) After all ten rounds, hit start a couple times as required to start over.
After four matches, both of you will pop the achievement. Both people should wind up getting the same number of dollar damage on each crash event. Each round counts as a win; on a tie, both players get the win. So forty rounds later, ping!
Couple of notes:
- It shouldn't matter which map (intersection) you choose, since neither of you is touching the controller you should get identical damage. However, I only tested this on the same intersection over and over - Drain Damage. So if you're not tying, try that.
EDIT: LearFool, in the comments below, mentions he had problems tying on Drain Damage. That wasn't my experience, but his suggestion of Swiss Roll sounds like a very good one. You might start there; I like the fact that the crash begins so fast. Thanks to LearFool for the find.
- Multiple people should be able to do this as easily as two, but I only tested it with two people.
EDIT: Brucey B Cool's comment below indicates that he was, in fact, able to get the achievement for six people in a maxed-out lobby with everyone tying on each round. Nice!