Thumbs up for the solutions already here! I needed a little more info on the cheevo, since reading "dying once" sounded soo intimidating. I did some research and found a thread on xbox360ahievements.org that helped me tremendously, even if I found the achievement really easy (the bark was worse than it's bite)! I give all credits to "Xi blind iX" and "FTICRMS" of xbox360ahievements.org! Pasting the thread here:
"If you are looking for the quickest way to do this then start your game on Area 3 (easy difficulty.)
The achievement required you to "Complete all underground zones." In all reality what this means is you are going to go through the first 4 zones of the game while completing each underground level that the zone contains.
Underground zones are easy to spot if you take your time moving through the Level. Drive your craft on the circular marker to get transported underground.
Once in the underground zone you will maneuver your character through narrow tunnels filled with enemy troops, turrets, and lasers. If you die during any of the underground zones you need to restart your game back at Area 3 because the achievement required you to beat them all in one sitting. You can die on your way to each underground zone but they all must be completed to obtain the achievement.
To help you tackle these underground zones take your time; if you get hurt stay back and wait for your health to recharge but always be cautious of nearby enemies. Remain calm and focus on the enemies strung throughout the tunnels. When crossing the red lasers make sure to keep an eye that it isn't flashing because the delay between shots can be tricky. The first three zones should be relatively easy to complete without too much trouble. Make sure you save your nukes and grenades for the tunnels so you can use them on bad guys you are uncomfortable with.
On the last lair which you encounter in Zone 4 continue to take your time. When you get to the open room with the hovering enemy that shoots blue electricity use a nuke. Once you take him out you will be bum rushed by the regular horde of enemies and you should be able to take them out. When you get very near the end you get to a part with two turrets and guys spawning behind you. I preferred throwing grenades to take out the turrets because I felt more comfortable with that.
After you beat all four lairs without dying inside then complete Zone 4 like you normally would. Once you beat the boss of that level the stats screen will come up and then you will be awarded your achievement.
I found this previously posted at the end of another topic and found it helpful also; Thanks FTICRMS!
Originally Posted by FTICRMS
I had no problems with the underground parts right up until the very end of the fourth one. Putting those rolling dudes in there is just dirty.
- Play on easy.
- Go slowly. There's no rush. Make sure everything in front of you is clear before proceeding.
- Don't forget your health regenerates. If you are low on health, just chill out until it starts coming back up.
- The bullets are pretty slow and easy to dodge. They also fizzle out after a short distance.
- Watch out for explosions. Blow up any barrels long before you get to them and watch out for when the robotic exoskeleton guys explode.
- Be careful of the guys who come up behind you. Every few seconds I spray a few rounds behind me to catch anyone who might be sneaking up on me.
- The automatic turrets are easy to blow up. They only shoot a few bullets and then just sit there. Stand still and shoot the turret until it fires, dodge to one side right before the bullets get to you. Move back to the center and resume shooting at the turret. Repeat until it blows up.
- In the big rooms, enter quickly and immediately take out the first wave of bad guys and blow up any barrels. Next grab the center prize. By this time, the next (larger) wave of bad guys will enter. Run to one side and start circling them while shooting. They'll shoot back but the bullets are pretty easy to dodge. Concentrate on clearing a path in front of you.
- Use the explosion radius of the suicide bombers to your advantage. Try to wait until they are next to a bad guy to shoot them.
- The only really hard part is the end of the fourth lair, where some of the rolling electricity-spewing guys come at you. I died here and haven't replayed but when I do, I plan on sending a few grenades their way. They take quite a few bullets to kill.
I hope that helps."
"Yeah, the underground zones are located on level's 3,6,9, and 11. Just for anyone who wants to practice them before making their run." Credits to Case Dang It for the tip!
I played single player on easy and especially used their tips on starting on area 3, blowing up the barrels and the robo exoskeleton guys before they exploded on me, and to use the nuke on on the electric floating robot thing in underground zone 4! Hope this helps!
Here's the location to the original thread: http://www.achieve360points.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2319...
Please comment or msg if you're planning to leave a negative comment.