Anyone looking for an "easy" way to do this, follow these steps:
1. Get a weapon you want to use for a while (I suggest a Gold one) and have a lot of money. Enchanting a single item multiple times will get pretty expensive. Upwards of 3-4k each enchant.
2. Go to the town Waypoint gate.
3. Go to any dungeon Waypoint.
4. Go back to town through the Waypoint. It has now Autosaved.
5. Go to the Enchanter and enchant you item. This is up to you how many time you want to try enchanting at once.
6. Once you've enchanted enough times to your liking, repeat steps 2-5. This will save your newly acquired enchantments.
If you happen to lose all enchantments or get a socket (I don't know if these count as "enchantments"), just quit out to the dashboard and it WILL NOT save and quit. When you load the game back up, it will load the last time you entered the town from Waypoint portal.
Pretty easy. More of a hassel than anything.