Idle boosting by yourself
There is no proper solution on how to boost this by yourself using 2 Xboxes and a turbo controller, so I'm going to write one. Why would you want to do this? Simple reason. You will get 1599 XP-points every round of the match and won't have to go to the Assault-side ever, which grants only 800 XP per match. Plus you can do this anytime you want and not worry about other people. Yes, this is the solution where you do not need a dedicated server.
It is possible to do this without a turbo controller, but it will be very tedious, since you can't auto-launch the match without rapid firing the A-button on the turbo, so you would have to start every round manually with a normal controller.
Things you need:
- 2 Xbox 360 consoles.
- A wired normal controller (charge cable works too) and a turbo controller.
- 2 copies of Rainbow Six Vegas.
- A dummy account with Gold-time for the 2nd console.
- Some kind of monitor for both Xboxes.
Go to Multiplayer -> Xbox Live. Select Create match and change the settings:
Game mode: Attack & defend
Game type: Player match
Item restrictions: (doesn't matter)
Map: Dam (I used this, but it doesn't really matter)
Max players: 2 (one for yourself and one for your dummy)
Private slots: 1 (for your dummy)
Dedicated server: No
Allow Voice: doesn't matter
Language: doesn't matter
Then press Launch the game.
You will now be in the lobby by yourself on the assault side.
This is what you will always have to do first, so read carefully.
Go to settings, set Lock teams to No and select Accept.
Back in the lobby, select Change team and go to the Defender-side.
Go back to settings and set Lock teams back to Yes and Accept.
Now you are ready to invite your dummy gamertag. It will now join the Assault-side, which is always the losing side and you will now receive 1599 XP after every round on the Defender-side.
Go back to Match settings.
Round duration: 20 minutes
Rounds per map: 20
Team respawn: No
Lock teams: Yes
Friendly fire: No
Briefing timer: 5 seconds
So it will be a single match that lasts 20x20 minutes = 6 hours and 40 minutes.
After every round you will receive 1599 XP. You will have to set the match up again
after the 20 rounds, because the Launch-button will gray out, but you will get a nice 32,000 XP every time for a full match if everything goes smoothly.
How to set up the controllers:
Rubberband your Right stick to up left side, so that your character keeps looking at the ceiling while spinning. Note: you might not get XP if you rubberband it downwards, so always go up left. DO NOT rubberband the Left stick. This will often cause the cursor to move out of the Launch game -button between rounds and it will get stuck in the lobby.
Rubberbanding the 2nd controller (dummy) is only necessary for preventing the game from kicking the tag out of the match. It might not get any XP, but it won't matter. So rubberband it up left side too.
Set the A-button on your turbo controller to rapid wire while you press Launch game. Figure out something heavy enough to keep the A-button pressed constantly. I used a external Usb hard drive, I moved extra controller to the right side of the turbo controller and let the hard drive rest on the thumbsticks of the extra controller and the left side keeps pressing down the A-button on the turbo. There are many ways to do it, but that's just my example.
If everything works out, it should keep the match up for the 6 hours and 40 minutes and you can let it idle while you sleep, go to work or school, or anytime you are away. You'll probably want to shut the TV:s or monitors power off to save electricity while it is idling.
- Always when you start a new match, try to babysit it for the first 20 minutes if possible. This way it won't screw up and get stuck in the lobby wasting time and electricity. If the first round goes well, the rest of the match will too, as long as you don't touch it and your controller stays on. The problem is that sometimes it might get stuck in the lobby screen after 1st round.
- Do not check the scoreboard or lobby while the match is running, this will often result that the next round of the match will not start properly, as the cursor will go to Equipment instead of Launch game button, and it will keep looping in the equipment menu and get stuck until you fix it.
- Have the respawns always off, because if they are on, you will receive less XP.
- The XP bar of the game has 5 blocks, but there is usually a hidden 6th block which you will notice, when the 5 blocks are already full and you won't achieve the next rank right away, it still keeps filling XP. This is normal.
- The turbo controller needs to be wired too so it won't shut down. I was able to get my Datel-turbo controller wired by using the Ps3-controllers charge cable and inserting it to the usb-port. I plugged the other end to the turbo controller data input that is under the battery case. This made it a wired controller.