Both offline and online wins count for this. Unfortunately there is no way to fully idle/turbo/automate this, but I discovered a strategy to break the game with minimal effort. It can be a little difficult to set up until you get the hang of it, but it's pretty satisfying when you get it right. Here are the steps:
- Go to Options and lower Difficulty to Easy;
- Play Quick Match as All Stars - NRL All Stars (highest rated team) vs. World Cup - Ireland (lowest rated team).
- Set match time to 10 minutes and turn off all the listed rules;
- Once the match begins, get a hold of the ball and bring your ball carrier right in front of the opposition try line, but don't touchdown. Let them tackle you right in front of the try line, around 5m away from the line, not too close, but not far either;
- After that simply move straight backwards (hold down, nothing else) without running, stop right behind their 10m line and keep facing away from them;
- If you did that right, you'll basically soft-lock the AI. Facing away in that spot basically confuses the AI and it cannot decide between defending and attacking, so it does nothing instead, just moves back and forth;
- Just idle till half time is reached, then turn around and score a Field Goal;
- Repeat the set up in the second half and idle till full time is reached, then turn around and let yourself get tackled to end the match;
- Quit back to the Main Menu after each match, as if you restart after winning, it is still considered the same match and not a new match.
Below is a visual representation of the strategy explained above. I recorded an entire half just to prove it works all the way through. It may not always be so easy to set up, but just keep trying. It's definitely worth it once you get used to it.https://streamable.com/vofnv
Considering that the minimum duration of a match is 10 minutes and adding to that some downtime during the match and in-between matches, bringing it to 11-12 minutes, this achievement alone will take between 55 and 60 hours to complete. Turn off all the game sounds and put on some music or videos you enjoy, otherwise your mind will go numb XD