I found this one to be a little bit of a pain. This is what I ended up doing:
1. In settings make sure you pick easy, and 9 innings.
2. write down in a vertical column 1-9. This will be the scorecard for you to keep tract of what each player does. Use S-single, D-double, T=triple, H=homerun. (use graph paper to keep things neater).
3. I found the best option is to play showdown, and pick MLB players. For each position, find the players with 5 stars for speed, and ideally 4-5 stars for contact. For example, Dustin Pedroia, Jacoby Elsbery, Ichiro Suzuki, etc. Some positions will not have 5 star speed (catcher, 1st baseman) so pick the 5 star for contact and highest possible speed. Power and fielding is not important. Anyone can hit a homerun with the turbo button.
4. Play as visitor, so you will have 9 innings to work with, if you play as home, likely you will only have 8 innings.
5. As a batter hold the left stick up and slightly to the same side as the side he bats, and make sure that you swing when the pitch is in you 'hot zone'. This zone will be very large when you pick 5 stars for contact. Use 'A' not 'B' as we want as many hits as possible, not homeruns. It is worth not swinging on a strike if it is not in the zone. You will many times hit into the gaps, so getting a double is frequent and easy because most of your players will have 5 star speed. Take a gamble, when the ball is still in the outfield and you are near second especially when the ball is in the right field, as it is a longer throw to 3rd from there. The goal is to get as many different players triples. Triples are the hardest. You need doubles, singles and home runs as well, so if you get them 1st no big deal, just keep tract on your scorecard. If you have someone on base, frequently the outfielder will throw home, so you might be able to stretch into a triple. I got thrown out sometimes, but worth taking the chance. Similarly if you have a lot of turbo saved up, you can press LT when you pass 1st base, and he will run even faster.
6. Home runs are actually the easiest, as the turbo (left trigger)is an automatic homerun if you swing at the correct time. Obviously you cannot do this in the 1st inning.
7. Using the lineup of all-stars, I had 5 players get triples in the 1st 3 innings, and at the end Ichiro got the cycle, because he got a hit every at bat, and I had to hold him back to get a double and single. If he had failed I had 2 other guys that needed a HR as well to hit for the cycle by that time.
8. The achievement will pop immediately once you get it.
PS, you can use this lineup for the 10 RBI achievement as well. Just keep tract of the number of RBI each player has. The key is to have as many people on base before getting a home run (which should be very easy with turbo button). Because these same players should all be 4-5 star contact hitters, you should always have at least 1 person on base most of the time.