There are 31 total camouflages in the game. They are the following:
1) Naked - Default
2) Olive Drab - Default
3) Leaf - Default
4) Tiger Stripe - Default
5) Tree Bark - Default
6) Squares - Default
7) Black - Default
8) Rain Drop - Dolinovodno, under the far end of the bridge during Operation Snake Eater. You will have to shimmy across a ledge to reach it.
9) GA-KO - Chyornyi Swamp, in the northeastern most part of the map, under water. Use the thermal goggles if you're having difficulty finding it.
**Special Ability: Enables you to hear Kerotan calls, use with Directional Mic to maximize effectiveness.
10) Splitter - Bolshaya Past South, take the eastern route. It will be up on a ledge.
11) Choco Chip - Bolshaya Past South, inside a hollow stump in the extreme northwest of the map.
12) Water - Bolshaya Past Base, on the roof of the main building.
13) Snow - Chyomaya Peschera Cave, at the start of the map, take the right-hand fork and continue crawling through the openings until you reach it.
14) Fly - Graniny Gorki Lab 1F, go to the second floor bathroom, it is in the last stall.
**Special Ability: Smells so bad that guards will avoid contact
15) Sneaking Suit - Groznyj Grad Weapons Lab: East Wing 2F, inside the locker with the red stripe on your second visit.
**Special Ability: Reduces all damage by 1/2 and reduces stamina consumption
16) Maintenance - Groznyj Grad Weapons Lab: East Wing 2F, in the second locker on the far right.
17) Flecktarn - Pick "I like MGS3!" prior to starting the game
**Special Ability: Prevents battery drain
18) AUSCAM - Pick "I like MGS3!" prior to starting the game
**Special Ability: Reduces all damage by 1/3
19) Desert Tiger - Pick "I like MGS3!" prior to starting the game
**Special Ability: Prevents suppressors from wearing out
20) DPM - Default in US versions, EU and JP versions must complete Special Duel Mode
**Special Ability: Doubles LIFE guage restoration rate
21) Scientist - Gift from EVA (Story line related)
22) Uniform - Stolen from Raikov (Story line related)
23) Tuxedo - Complete the game on any difficulty
24) Animals - Defeat Ocelot via stamina depletion
**Special Ability: Essentially infinite Pentazemine. It eliminates weapon spread.
25) Hornet Stripe - Defeat the Pain via stamina depletion
**Special Ability: Keeps spiders and leeches away. Also tames hornets, which protect you after you destroy their hive.
26) Spider - Defeat the Fear via stamina depletion
**Special Ability: Automatic 80% camo index, but rapidly drains stamina
27) Moss - CQC Hold Up the End by sneaking up behind him and pointing a gun at his back at point-blank range. Once he lies down, point the gun at his head three times and he should drop it. Just don't take your sights off of him! If you're having difficulty sneaking up on him, I suggest waiting until your second playthrough so you can use the Spirit camo.
**Special Ability: Regain health and stamina when in direct sunlight
28) Fire - Defeat the Fury via stamina depletion
**Special Ability: Drops damage from fire and explosions by 1/2
29) Spirit - Make it to the end of the river when fighting the Sorrow. It will be in your inventory when you get your things back.
**Special Ability: Eliminates footstep noise and drains enemy stamina in CQC
30) Cold War - Defeat Volgin via stamina depletion
**Special Ability: Enemies you are facing will not shoot
31) Snake - Defeat The Boss via stamina depletion