To start off with, I just recently earned gold stars on all of the disk songs. I would say that about 20 of them were easily obtainable, and 5 of them were either tricky or VERY frustrating. The three hardest, for me at least, were Cult of Personality, Give it Away and Shout. I kept track of my power-ups I used for every song when I gold starred them.
Here is the complete list:
1. Jessie’s Girl – Bandmate, Runaway Notes, Super Guitar
2. Jungle Boogie – Jackpot, Runaway Notes, Super Guitar
3. One Week – Jackpot, Runaway Notes, Super Vocals
4. Raise Your Glass – Jackpot, Runaway Notes, Super Guitar
5. We are Young – Jackpot, Runaway Notes
6. Always – Jackpot, Blast Notes, Super Drums
7. Bang Your Head – Jackpot, Blast Notes, Super Guitar
8. Diamond Eyes –Jackpot, Blast Notes, Super Guitar
9. I’m Still Standing – Jackpot, Blast Notes, Super Keys
10. Kids in the Street – Jackpot, Blast Notes, Super Bass
11. A Little Less Sixteen Candles – Jackpot, Blast Notes, Super Drums
12. Moves Like Jagger – Jackpot, Blast Notes, Super Vocals
13. Once Bitten Twice Shy – Jackpot, Blast Notes, Super Guitar
14. Pumped Up Kicks – Jackpot, Blast Notes, Super Drums
15. Shine – Jackpot, Blast Notes, Super Guitar
16. Sing – Jackpot, Blast Notes, Super Drums
17. So Far Away – Jackpot, Blast Notes, Super Guitar
18. The Wicker Man – Jackpot, Blast Notes, Super Guitar
19. Stronger – Jackpot, Blast Notes, Super Guitar
20. These Days – Jackpot, Blast Notes, Super Guitar
21. Spoonman – Jackpot, Blast Notes, Super Guitar
22. Give it Away – Jackpot, Blast Notes, Super Vocals
23. Shout – Jackpot, Blast Notes, Super Bass
24. Death on Two Legs – Jackpot, Blast Notes, Super Guitar
25. Cult of Personality – Road Rage, Blast Notes, Super Guitar
I will go ahead and include the way I used to gold star Cult of Personality, Shout, and Give it Away:
Cult of Personality (Road Rage, Blast Notes, Super Guitar)- First off, make sure to collect star power as much as possible. If there is every a blast note near star power notes, go ahead and switch to hit the blast note. Staying in blitz mode isn't that important, so don't stress out for missing notes and losing it, just make sure to hit the star power notes. After you get enough star power, activate Road Rage while you are on the guitar track. Most of the time the Road Rage will clear through the drums section and bass section. Only use Road Rage when there are MANY notes for bass, guitar, and drums at the same time. Next, I would like to keep in mind the combos. As long as you can at least increase the cap by 2 every checkpoint, then you will be set. Lastly, I would like to mention the guitar solos. The first is fairly easy, but the second is very difficult and hard to read. I HIGHLY recommend hitting the buttons as fast as possible to get 100% because the 10,000 extra points for a flawless solo could easily be the difference maker between 5 stars and gold stars.
Shout (Jackpot, Blast Notes, Super Bass)- I found it best to increase the bass multiplier last, while hitting the blast notes and star power notes when they appear. Then as you are increasing the bass, use the Jackpot and only stay on that track. Also, make sure you activate the Jackpot during the chorus, and DON'T miss. If you miss more than one Jackpot, most likely you will not gold star. Also, make sure you get 100% on the keys and guitar solos in the song. After the guitar solo, you should have at least 3/4 of the Jackpot filled up. Right as the solo ends, and the bass starts, activate Jackpot. I believe I got like 90,000 from the Jackpot used after the guitar solo.
Give it Away (Jackpot, Blast Notes, Super Vocals)- I used the help from my friend Jesterhead22096's method to getting gold star. If it wasn't for him, this gold star would have taken me a lot longer. Basically, just do the usual...collect star power, hit blast notes, and correctly increase multipliers. The key thing for this song is, use Jackpot on the vocal track during the verses. There are a lot of notes, and a lot of star power notes on there, so Jackpot lasts a long time if you play flawlessly. Once I used his method, I earned gold star like 20 seconds before the song even ended. Thanks Jesterhead22096! :)
Other helpful hints for Rock Band Blitz:
The Duke: The Duke, as you may notice sometimes appears on your score meter. This represents the gold star cut-off. If you beat The Duke's score, you will earn gold star.
Star Power Notes: For effective uses of Jackpot, Road Rage, or Bandmate, you need to collect star power. I recommend attempting to hit as many star power notes as possible, even if you lose Blitz mode and miss notes switching tracks. The amount of points you would get from activating the power-ups ends up being way better than keeping your streak and avoiding star power.
Blast Notes: Basically, this is the same idea as star power notes. Hit as many of these as possible, especially if there are multiple tracks with star power notes because it will collect all of those for you.
Jackpot: This, at least for me, is the most effective power-up in the game. Just the score from Jackpot is usually 1/3 to 1/2 of my score for the song overall. The thing is, you have to 100% what you are playing while Jackpot is activating. If you are skilled to play flawlessly, use this power-up for sure. I recommend using Jackpot on the track that you have the "Super" power-up for. I also recommend using Jackpot right before a checkpoint so it will run out quicker and you will be able to max out the other instruments to increase the cap next checkpoint.
Checkpoints: My method is to generally get every instrument track up 2x. If all instruments have 2x, then go ahead and finish them off as you please. If you end up having 4 instrument tracks up 3x, then the other instrument is at 1x, the cap will not increase and that will be a huge score difference at the end of the song.
DON'T QUIT: If you notice that The Duke is significantly higher than you, don't be mislead and assume you won't get gold. This game is set up where most of you score will be in chucks. For instance, Jackpot will increase your score by over 70,000 at one time, same with 100% a solo, except that is 20,000. Also, you will still lost the coins you spent on the power-ups, so there is no use in quitting.
Well this sums it up for my solution on getting gold stars on the 25 disk songs. It may take a few tries for a few songs, but 15-20 of the songs are easily obtainable for the first gold star run. If there are an questions on more tips or anything, feel free to message me or comment, I will gladly help as soon as I notice. Good luck guys! :)