People aren't doing a very good job explaining what this achievement is really about or how to track it. Also, there is a much better way to get this achievement than to go for so many multi-kills and aerial kills. My guide helps you be efficient in getting all the multiplayer achievements.
If you want to know what this achievement is all about, read the "Achievement Background" section below. If you just want to know how to get it, jump down to "Achievement Solution" below.Achievement Background
To understand what you are going for to get a hacked video in the story quest, first load up the multiplayer disc and under the Abstergo emblem at the top of the screen (hit RB three times) you will see an option called “The Abstergo Story” (fourth one down). Click this.
On the Abstergo Story Screen you will see a DNA bar along the top with icons plus a lot of icons floating around elsewhere. These icons consist of a top square and sometimes a bottom square with an image. Move your cursor over these to see what you can unlock. The unlocks include things such as videos, hacks, maps, emails etc.
Those that have an image in the top square along with a blurred out image of the same in the bottom square are the ones that you want to focus on unlocking. The top square is a video with an unlock condition such as “Reach Level 1”. The bottom square is the hacked version of said video, with additional requirements. Those requirements are underneath in the blue challenge icons. Hover your cursor over these to see what you need to do to unlock the hacked video.Achievement Solution
Other solutions tell you to focus on the first video ABSTERGO DEV DIARY 1_Hack between the level 1 and 2 indicators on the DNA progress bar. This says:
• Top video unlock condition: Reach Level 1
• Bottom (hacked) video unlock conditions:
o Challenge “The Enduring” – Earn a Multi-Kill Bonus in any team mode or Wolfpack (progression x/25)
o Challenge “The Bird of Prey” – Earn an Aerial Kill Bonus (progression: x/20)
ALTERNATIVE: I suggest going for the video CLEAN FUTURE and the hack CLEAN FUTURE_Hack that is listed between levels 10 and 11 on the DNA progress bar. This says:
• Top video unlock condition: Reach Level 10
• Bottom (hacked) video unlock conditions:
o Challenge “The Conquistador” – Capture a zone occupied with at least 2 opponents in domination (x/5)
o Challenge “The Silent Master” – Earn a focus bonus (x/5)
There are a few reasons for this:
1. Playing Team Objective- Domination (Custom Match) will get you a lot of points and is fun!
2. Earning level 10 is quite easy, and you will get that going for Abstergo Entertainment:
3. Capture a zone occupied with at least 2 opponents (The Conquistador) is easy (if you struggle with this, just hop in a hay bale in the contested zone while everyone else battles it out around you, while you capture the zone). You should get this before getting level 10 anyway, plus you will get this achievement along the way:
4. Focus kills are easy as well and you can get those when playing Wolfpack mode while going for this achievement (thanks to Chameleon1977 for pointing this out):
5. All challenges earned before you reach the required level still count towards unlocking this achievement (so you don’t have to wait until level 10 to get your focus kills for example)
6. Enjoy the game and stop wasting time going for Aerial and Multi-Kills that will take you longer to get than just getting to level 10!Additional Notes
1. The HERNE+_Hack video on the bottom left of the Abstergo Story screen does NOT count for this achievement
2. Do not go for hacks that have an Abstergo symbol in the top picture as those are not videos. Those are emails or other things that don’t count – you need to go for hacks where the bottom image is a blurred out version of the top
3. Check what videos qualify in the “Storyline” option under “Progression” (first option on the top navigation bar of the multiplayer screen). Choose “Videos” and you will see that the following hacks earn this achievement:
a. ABSTERGO DEV DIARY 1_Hack
b. CLEAN FUTURE_Hack
c. ABSTERGO DEV DIARY 2_Hack
e. ANIMUS OS_Hack
f. ABSTERGO DEV DIARY 3_Hack
4. If for some reason multiplayer starts to slow down for this game (I found plenty of matches), The Conquistador can easily be boosted in about 20 minutes.
Please let me know if you have any questions or updates to this solution. I’ve provided every detail I possibly could but please let me know if I missed anything.
If you give me a negative, please do the right thing and let me know why. I've spent considerable time to provide you with a professional (i.e., organized, no grammar or spelling mistakes) solution. I'm sorry if there is no glitch or other quick fix way of getting this, and that my solution is long. It will take some work to get this, but I wanted you to have all the information you need to understand this achievement, what works, what doesn't, and how to track it. I appreciate your candid feedback.