Arcade mode is composed of 10 fights with increasing difficulty. There are 5 difficulty levels with 2 fights at each difficulty level. This can be done in solo or co-op mode.
As you progress through arcade mode, you will unlock Avengers movie costumes for use in-game.
- Finish your arcade run in one session. If you don't finish, your progress starts over.
- There is a definite advantage to playing co-op as you can synch attacks and both of you can hit the enemy during an Ultra attack, resulting in more damage. Enlist the help of a competent wingman (or woman) if you can.
-Select characters you are comfortable with & can chain combos with effectively. This will be most important as the difficulty increases. Chaining combos builds up XP and helps charge your Ultra attack.
- Be sure to use your Ultra Attack. It's often a good way to break out of a slump because it cannot be blocked and you can switch characters when you're done to let their health build back up. Effective use of the Ultra attack has often made the difference for me between losing or winning a round on the two highest difficulties.
- Switch characters or initiate a fully charged Ultra attack if you're getting beat. Switching characters can allow your health to build back up.
- If you're having trouble landing attacks, be sure to try tuning your Kinect. While the game is running, press the X button on your controller. You can ensure Kinect can see you & adjust the height without exiting your game.
- Don't quit a game. If you finish a game & lose, you still get XP, which helps with other achievements.