this guide was written before
the DLCs were released. There are now several additional ways to earn some of these platinum awards. I haven't played since the first update, since it wiped my character. When I get motivated to start over again, probably when some DLC with achievements comes out, I will be going after all these awards, again, and will update the guide.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are a total of 85 Platinum Awards listed below. You only need to get 30 of them. You can see your progress in the the Awards menu under the Stats option when you pause the game, as well as on the Awards page on the Rockstar Social Club
web site.Strongly suggest you hold off grinding any of these until you have reached Rank 100 (or at least some higher leve)
, since many of them will be obtained along the way (depending on how you are boosting to 100), and the unlocks and $$$ you will have by then will make some of the others easy to obtain. There are a couple easy ones that don't start appearing until higher levels.Warning:
the achievement seems to be a bit buggy, and doesn't always pop if you obtain the 30th platinum award while in a mission, or on a job, or in a Solo session. All you have to do is trigger another platinum award while in a public or invite only open world to get the achievement to pop. In order avoid missing this achievement, you may want to hold off on one of the easy open-world platinums until you have completed 29 other platinum awards.Victory Awards
- The Slayer - win Deathmatch (50)
- Death Brigade - win Team Deathmatch (50)
- Team Carrier - MVP during Team Deathmatch (50)
- The Champion - win Races (50)
- The Aviator - win Air Races (25)
- Making Waves - win Sea Races (25)
- Crusin For A Bruisin - Win GTA Races (50)
- Road Rage - kill 3 other racers and win GTA Race (1) *
- Follow To A Tee - win Rally Race as driver (25)
- The Dictator - win Rally Races as co-driver (25) †
- Impromptu Champion - win Impromptu Races (25)
- In A Class Of Your Own - win a race in a custom vehicle (1) * †
- Penetrate From Behind - from last place to winner in any race mode (25)- The Record Holder - hold a world record in a Rockstar Race (1) *
- Dust Maker - achieve the fastest lap in a Race (25)
- Every Race - win every type of race mode at least once (1) *- Survivor - reach the end of Survival (10 waves) †
- Over The Top - beat opponents at Arm Wrestling (25)
- Throwback King - win at Darts (25)
- The Swing King - beat opponents at Golf (25)
- Stroke Master - win Tennis matches (25)
- Out Of Five - win a 5 set Tennis match (1) *
- Straight Sets - win a Tennis match in straigh sets (1) *
- Crack Shot - win Target Grid matches (25)
- Duck and Cover - win Cover Target matches (25)
- Granny - win by total domination in Target Grid (1) *
- The Marksman - win Random Target matches (25)
- All Rounder - win every game mode at least once (1) *General Awards
- War Pig - participate in different Deathmatches (25)
- Veteran Racer - participate in different races (25)- Nick Of Time - deploy parachute below 130 feet and land safely (25)- Point Break - stay in the air for over 3 minutes while parachuting (25)- Stay On Target - land on target at the end of parachute jump (25)- Clear Out - Clear out 5 Gang Attacks in one game day in a single mission (1) *- Checking Out - get a 6 dart checkout (1) *- Birdies - sink some birdies in Golf (25)- Hole In One - achieve a Hole in One in Golf (1) *
- Ace - serve up some aces in Tennis (25)
- The Hustler - earn cash through betting (50,000)- Lapping It Up - enjoy private dances (25)- Crate Chaser - receive crate drop rewards (25)- Salvaged - pick up special crate drop (1) *- Snappy Dresser - wear different outfits (25)- Hairy Encounters - change hairstyle (25)- Proud Gun Owner - buy every gun from Ammu-nation (1) *- The Human Canvas - get a tattoo on each body part (1) *Crimes- The Fugitive - spend time with a wanted level (5 star for 120 minutes)- The Police Mocker - evade 5 Star Wanted Levels (50)- When Pigs Can Fly - shoot down cop choppers (25)
- Death By Drive-By - player kills from vehicles, driver or passenger (100)- Vehicle Thief - steal as many vehicles as you can (500)- Full Metal Jacket - rob armored trucks (25)- Armed Robber - hold up every store (20) †Vehicles- Sky High - blow up vehicles (500)- The Exporter - sell vehicles to the Import/Export garage (25)- No Claims Bonus - drive without damage to vehicle (30 minutes) *
- The Passenger - ride along as passenger for a few hours (4 hours cumulative) *- Mile High Club - spend time in a helicopter (4 hours cumulative)- Suped Up - apply each type of mod to one vehicle (1) * †- Airborne - land jumps over 300 feet in a road vehicle (25)- Flippin' Hell - flip vehicle 5 times in single jump (5)- Spinderella - roll vehicle 5 times in single jump (5)- Unirider - wheelie for over 2000 feet (1) *Combat
- Head Banger - headshot players (500)
- The Widow Maker - kill players in all GTA Online modes (1000)
- The Bounty Hunter - take out targets and collect bounties (25)
- 3 For 1 - kill someone 3 times before they get you (50)
- Streaker - achieve killstreaks in Deathmatch (100)
- Stolen Kills - get fatal shot on player that has already been wounded by another player (50)
- Death Toll - overall deathmatch kills (500)
- Killstreaker - earn a 10 plus killstreak in Deathmatch (1) *
- Smoke 'Em Out - get the most kills during a Gang Attack (1) *
- Bloodiest Of The Bunch - get the most kills in 4 player Survival (1) *
- The Equalizer - get revenge by killing a player that has killed you 3 times in Deathmatch (50)Weapons
- Pistol Whipped - kill players using Pistol (500)
- SMG Head - player kills with SMG (500)
- Shotgun Blues - player kills with Shotgun (500)
- Looking Down The Barrel - player kills with Assault Rifle (500)
- Scoping Out - player kills with Sniper Rifle (100)
- Rapid Fire - player kills with MG (500)
- Ended In A Sticky Situation - player kills with Sticky Bomb (50)
- Grenade Fiend - player kills with Grenades (50)
- The Rocket Man - player kills with RPG (50)
- The Melee Murderer - player kills with melee (50)
- The Car Bomber - player kills using Vehicle Bombs (50)Notes:
* indicates that there is only 1 challenge requirement (some will be easier than others, or may have certain pre-requisites, like requiring lots of $$$ or higher ranks to access unlocked items).
† indicates that it is part of another XBOX Live achievement, see that achievement for details on how to do it.
Awards indicated in bold can be obtained in a single player invite-only session. However, many of them have additional requirements (ex: Rank 120 is required to unlock mini-gun).
There must be at least 2 players for the races to count, but can be easily boosted in invite only sessions.Boosting tips:
- in many cases you can grind multiple awards at the same time when with 2 people -- example: In A Class Of Your Own, Penetrate From Behind, Dust Maker, Every Race, Veteran Racer, and The Hustler when bosting race wins. Head Banger, The Widow Maker, 3 For 1, Streaker (turns getting 3 kills each), Death Toll, Killstreaker, The Equalizer and Pistol Whipped (or any other single weapon) while boosting Deathmatch wins.
- most Victory, Combat and Weapons awards, War Pig, Veteran Racer, The Hustler: find boosting partner(s) and take turns - 44 easy Platinums for 2 people, plus 6 more for 4 people.
- Survivor, Nick Of Time, Point Break, Stay On Target, Clear Out, Birdies, Lapping It Up, Snappy Dresser, Hairy Encounters, Proud Gun Owner (need Rank 120), The Human Canvas (need Head Banger Platinum or Beach Bum DLC), Armed Robber, No Claims Bonus (rubberband driving in circles very slow at airport for 30 minutes), Mile High Club (rubberband right trigger while AFK x5), Suped Up (level and win races to unlock), Airborne (same stunt jump 25 times works, see story mode maps for 50 possible locations), Unirider (runway or bridges, do in race with traffic turned off) - 18 easy solo Platinums.
- Flippin' Hell, Spinderella - drive of mountain peak and get lucky bounces, or have someone with Cargobob drop you from height.
- Nick Of Time, Point Break (open parachute ASAP and hold left stick back for slow decent), Stay On Target can be done in parachute races on your own, even ignoring the waypoints. Only Stay On Target requires that you hit the end target. The HALO parachuting race at the airport is great for all of these.
- Checking Out, Hole In One and Salvaged are luck, but you may be able to get them while grinding Throwback King, Birdies, Crate Chaser.
- Crate Chaser (Rank 30?), Full Metal Jacket, The Exporter will pop up as you cruse around the open world, roughly 1 of each per game day.
- Vehicle Thief, Sky High are easy to do on many phone-jobs because there is no police heat and no time limit - just don't do the game objective and keep jacking and destroying cars (obviously, being a higher level with access to explosive weapons is best) until you are low on ammo, then finish the job.
- The Hustler will require that the losing party also bet or the bets are canceled at race launch. Because of how the odds are calculated, the quickest way to boost this award is to have the winner bet only $100 on himself and the loser bets $2500 on himself (20:1 odds for winner). Winner will get $2k towards the $50k needed (i.e. can get this in 25 races). However, with this method there is an overall loss of $500 on bets per pair of races. Otherwise winner bets $2500 and loser bets $100 on themselfs, and winner gets $1000 towards the award (i.e. twice as many races needed), and a net gain of $900 per pair of races.Possible Boosting Options (really depends on what you prefer to grind):
- 22 solo: Survivor (Unnatural Selection acheivment), Nick Of Time, Point Break, Stay On Target, Clear Out, Birdies, Lapping It Up, Crate Chaser, Snappy Dresser, Hairy Encounters, The Human Canvas, Vehicle Thief, Full Metal Jacket, Armed Robber (Stick Up Kid achievement), Sky High, The Exporter, No Claims Bonus, Mile High Club, Airborne, Flippin' Hell, Spinderella, Unirider.
- 7 from 2 people sporting: Over The Top, Throwback King, The Swing King, Crack Shot, Duck and Cover, Granny and The Marksman (plus Checking Out and Hole In One if you get lucky)
- 7 from 2 people races (25 races per person): The Champion, In A Class Of Your Own, Penetrate From Behind, Dust Maker, Veteran Racer (pick different maps until you both have it), and The Hustler (Downtown Underground motorcycle race is fast with good exp/money once you both have Veteran Racer).
- 9 from 2 people Deathmatch (25 wins per person): The Slayer, War Pig (pick different maps until you both have it), Head Banger, Death Toll, 3 For 1, Streaker, Killstreaker, The Equalizer and Pistol Whipped.
- 4 from a 5 set Tennis game (one person wins every point in first 3 sets, repeat for 2nd person): Stroke Master, Out Of Five, Straight Sets, Ace.
- 3 from selecting various achievements/modes/vehicles or while in free world with 2 people: Road Rage (killing same person x3 works), All Rounder (Numero Uno achievement), Smoke 'Em Out (Clean Sweep achievement), The Bounty Hunter, The Dictator (Backseat Driver achievement).
Thanks to CHRI5T0PH5R for filling in all of the missing Platinum Award level requirements.