***Solution on how to beat Endless mode***
Using an USB Image Tool method, I was being able to finish the endless mode without losing my save data. It also verifies other games (such as Forza MotorSport 2) that are incapable of copying the save data, allowing us only be using the USB Image Tool in order to make it work.NOTE:
USB Image Tool is only available for PC Windows. I believe there is no Mac OS X version for this program as far I can tell.
***Source of problem.***
This game does not allow you to copy your save file, making it impossible to back-up. I am not sure what it is but people assuming that developers have used an DRM/Anti-Back-up sort of thing being put in to this game. You have tried to copy your save file no matter how hard you tried. BUT! People who are having trouble with this game should follow the instructions on how to do a proper back-up for this game, which I'll be telling you in the next section.
(What is Endless mode? And what is the problem with this achievement?)
Endless mode is where you do not lose as it always gives you a possible moves. It roughly takes up to 150-280 hours to finish 280 levels, depending on how often you play (and how fast you can finish it per day). However, it can GLITCH and may not be unlocked; if you only get Multimode (20G) achievement unlocked shown on the screen, it does not stack up the Endless mode (10G), meaning you will need to try again (finishing level 281 does not work if the glitch happens on you).
Unfortunately, there is NO patch being made for this game. However, you can still earn these achievements with ease by using this method. Before or while attempting to finish it, you'll be reading the next section on how to beat Endless mode without ever need to restart your progress again (saves a lot of your time if done correctly).
***How to beat Endless mode using the USB Image Tool method***NOTE:
If you're using a USB stick being made by a different manufacturer other than SanDisk (the makers of Xbox360 USB Memory Stick), you will need to test it out by going to system settings and setup the amount of memory you wanted to use on your console.
1) Move your Bejeweled 2 save file onto your USB stick (I used SanDisk Xbox360 USB Stick). After moving it, remove the stick.
2) Insert your USB stick onto your PC's USB ports.
3) Open USB Image Tool. If you don't have this program, you can download it here: http://www.alexpage.de/usb-image-tool/download/
4) Select your USB stick and click Back Up button. Type in your name of your disk image file (.img); I personally call mine Xbox360Backup0#.img but feel free to call it whatever you liked. You can overwrite the same image file, but I highly recommend
you save it separately to avoid making a mistake on finishing level 280 (see Tips).
5) Once it's done backing up, remove your stick by "safely remove device". If you don't know where it's at, it's the icon showing an device w/ left green arrow shown on the Taskbar.
6) Reinsert the stick onto your Xbox, then move your Bejeweled 2 save file anywhere (I personally move mine to System Storage). Remove the stick after moving the file.
7) Reinsert the stick onto your PC. Open USB Image Tool again. Select your USB stick, click Restore button, and select your image file (.img).
8) Once the restore is completed, safely remove your USB stick. Reinsert it back to Xbox.
9) Go to system settings and check both of your memory storage locations. If both of each have Bejeweled 2 save data, then you now have two save data files being made!
10) Start playing Bejeweled 2 and begin playing Endless mode. I recommend you play your save data from the storage device and continue playing.
11) If you're taking a break or finished one level, refer Steps 2-5.
So now you have already know how to make a proper back-up for Bejeweled 2, right? Now, let me give you tips if you're attempting to progress further down the line.Things you should be aware of:
* NEVER ever play Endless during the weather of snowy storms, thunderstorms or such. They can power down and you'll lose your save; and if that happens, it RESTARTS back to level 1 again!
* NEVER pull off the plug, exit to dashboard (Xbox Home), or turn off your Xbox! Again, it reverts back to level 1.
* ALWAYS save your game properly by going to the pause menu and select "Quit Game"! That way, you won't lose your progress.
* DON'T use the hint! It may take your progress bar probably like quarter-half or something. In other words, don't attempt on using this method, it's way off and not worth it. Just wait a few seconds until the hint shows up automatically (if you can't find or don't do anything), it saves your progress and time. Make sure you see the hint, otherwise your eyes get lost on looking the pattern you're trying to clear off.
* IF YOU'RE near the end of level 280, DO NOT finish it yet. Instead, pause and quit the game, then exit Bejeweled 2 from the main menu; after exiting the game, take out your USB stick and make a backup (refer steps 2-5). After saving a image file separately, load your save data from the USB stick, then finish off level 280. If the glitch happens on you, DO NOT make a back-up, instead use the restore back-up method (refer steps 7-9); restoring back-up can allow you to overwrite it back to the previous progress you're currently on. That way, it saves a lot of your time without ever needed to play level 280 at the beginning again.Ways to progress further using the following methods:
* Play one level and finish it per day. This method works, but a lot slower as usual.
* You can play up to 2-5 levels upon completion per day. This is my personal favorite use of this method. The later levels takes up to 45-60 minutes per completion (I think it goes quite long by the time you hit level 140 or so but I'm not so sure) depending on how well you played.Alternative Methods (optional):
* During the gameplay, press and hold LB+LT+RB+RT and press A to show the alternative looks of the gems (color blind mode), it makes their looks dull but very useful if you're having trouble matching the color you're looking for. If you want to revert it back to their original looks, input the same code again.
* You can ask your brother, sister, friend, or whoever is going to help you out and tell him/her where to find the specific color pattern you're trying to clear off.Other Tips:
For more info on how to make Power Gems and Hyper Cubes, please refer to the "How to Play" or "Power10000 & Hyper1000" guide.
* Try to save a lot of power gems and combo it. If doing this, you can get a lot of points and slightly speed up your progress.
* If you have hyper cube(s), try not to destroy it; if you destroyed it, you won't be able to setup the hyper cube combo(s). When you have a hyper cube(s), try pick one of the colors you think you can get on one screen at the time. For example, I have 12 greens on the screen and used the hyper cube on it, it makes my progress slightly faster. Make a good use of it whatever you can!
That's all I can give you the tips. Just keep playing until you're bored out of it, but make sure you make a back-up!
If you have any questions about this solution, let me know. Thanks for reading.