I read about the save system when I was in level 12 or so, so I had to play up to that without this technique. Once I read about the save system, it was all good. This is how it works. Save your game when you are having a good streak or you are not near any significant danger. Do it often with every good advance you make. If you die, quickly hit the Guide button in the center of your controller and quit to dashboard. This will take you to the console Menu. Load the game again and resume from your last checkpoint and you can continue from where you saved last. This means, save often and do it when you are not in any danger, or you will be starting in a difficult position.
Here are some tips:
- If you are going to start this game, start on expert right away. The game will make you better as you play. Once you are done with expert, you'll know you can beat Normal and Easy.
- Keep a backup of your save file. All that Saving and Loading can lead to an error.
- Try to set up the balls in twos. If you have two of one color already, try to get all surrounding colors in twos as well. Don't break the combo right away. When the line's getting closer to the end, start breaking the trios so you get the Special every 3 hits.
- In the more difficult levels, try to save just before hitting the 3rd combo so you can manipulate what Special you get.
- Save as soon as you get something good, as Daggers or Scorpion, or Reverse.
- When you see gaps in the line and you want the front part to return to the line, throw a ball to the front of the original line that is of the same color of the last ball of the front part. The front part will reunite with the original line and give you more space. This is very useful when you have a ball stuck inside the pyramid at the end and you want it back in the line.
- If you get lightning, use it when you see a long vertical line of balls, as the lightning strikes vertically.
- When you get Color Bomb, throw it where you see many balls of different colors. Don't waste it on parts that you already have set up for combos.
- When you get Daggers, don't go crazy spending them. You get 10 daggers, and you should try to eliminate the balls that don't match that are in between combos. That way you can create combos by drawing together other balls of the same color.
- Always keep an eye on the color of the last ball. If you manage to make a combo with it, the line will go back a little bit and give you more space.
- Don't throw the balls randomly even if the color doesn't work for you. Try to put it next to one of the same color even if it's way back in the line. Trust me, every mistake you do in the back of the line will affect you once it gets to the front.
- If you get a color that doesn't work for you, you can get rid of it right away by throwing it at an empty space.
- Always be aware of both colors available. My technique consisted of always switching to see both colors and then trying to place them both right away.
Hope this helps.