Assuming that you intend to start playing the single-player campaign first, this will be your very first achievement.
First, you need to install/download the single-player campaign.
I'm not sure how the disc release works, so I may need some clarification of that. Is there an install second disc for the single-player campaign?
How to download the single-player campaign from the Games on Demand
(digital download) release:
- Load Call of Duty: Ghosts (7.51 GB)
- Select "CAMPAIGN" from the main menu
- A message will tell you that the single-player campaign "is not loaded" and you'll then be given the option to download it.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to confirm the download. (1.95 GB Game Add-on)
- Wait for the download to complete.
Once you have the single-player campaign installed/downloaded, choose "CAMPAIGN" from the main menu again and then select your difficulty.
You can play on ANY difficulty for this achievement.
There are many events that happen here and you will not be able to kill anyone... yet.
Also, I will assume that everyone reading this solution is using the default stick layout and button layout (under "OPTIONS" in the pause menu).
To see the names of other characters, move the right stick so that the center of the screen is on that character. You will need to follow other characters during a sequence of events to get to each objective.
To keep this spoiler free as much as possible, I'll summarize the events.
1. Watch the video about the "Ghosts" team while waiting for the mission to load (progress bar at the bottom). You can skip this at any time (press the A button) after loading has finished.
2. After the video, the player is seen talking to Elias for a brief period.
3. Once you have control of the player (Logan), you'll need to make your way to the house. Follow behind Hesh until you enter the house.
4. There will be some tremors (i.e. "earthquakes
") while you make your way to house. These "tremors" get stronger ever few seconds.
5. At this point you may need to mantle over objects like a fallen tree (press the A button).
6. Use the Left Stick button (push down of the Left Stick) while holding forward to sprint. You can only sprint for a limited time. Sprint every so often to keep up with Hesh.
7. Elias will mention something about ODIN. Just keep following Hesh to the house and avoid being hit by a car in the street.
8. You'll have one more object to mantle over (press the A button) by the time you reach the house.
9. Hesh will open the front door of the house. It isn't safe to be outside, so make sure to get in quick. Remember to sprint every so often.
10. Once in the house, keep following Hesh into another set of doors. When another tremor hits, parts of the house will start to collapse.
11. There will be one more set of doors that Hesh cannot open on his own. Help him out by moving towards the doors to continue the mission.
12. Once the doors are open, the screen goes white.
----- 15 Minutes Earlier -----
13. You will now gain control of a different character (SPC Baker) just outside of the ODIN Space Station
14. From here, just follow behind SPC Mosley. Use Right Bumper to ascend and Left Bumper to descend as needed. Move forward with the Left Stick.
15. Follow SPCE Mosley into airlock C at the control station. Once inside, wait for the airlock to pressurize.
16. You will move through a couple of doors until a sequence of events start right in front of you.
17. At this point, some of your friends will get killed and the door that you were about to enter is closed by SPC Mosley.
18. Turn to your left (using the Right Stick) and continue to follow SPC Mosley.
19. SPC Mosley will open a different door.
20. Enter the door and follow SPC Mosley, who will start to move a lot faster than you at this point.
21. You will then notice an enemy (with a weapon) starting to engage SPC Mosley.
22. SPC Mosley will knock the weapon away towards you.
22. Once you have the weapon in your hand, hold the Right Stick to aim at the enemy and press down on the Right Trigger to shoot.
If you did this correctly, you will have killed your first enemy in the Call of Duty: Ghosts single-player campaign.