Personally I don't tend to use the "go to teams" and have had a relaxed approach to FIFA 14 so wasn't going to go out of my way specifically for any achievements.
Playing through a season of manager mode, of all the goals I never got a sliding goal however interestingly in my first ever game of FIFA (the mandatory first game you play/introduction) I believe I scored a sliding goal but the achievement didn't pop (glitched).
Anyway, this popped in "Player Career" mode.
- I created a "central attacking midfielder" (CAM) and only control them.
- The computer will control everyone else.
- When the computer makes a run on goal just to the side of goal either by play or you pass to them, start your run on the opposite side to them and distance yourself from any defenders. Also make sure to not go too far ahead and stay a little bit back from the computer with the ball.
- When in the box ask the computer to pass to you (press A by default to call them/your open).
- They pass to you and you need to be HOLDING RT, now when the ball comes in I hit double B and my character performed a sliding shot which resulted in the achievement.
You'll be playing this mode anyway to reach:
The Rising Star achievement in FIFA 14 worth 52 pointsBe featured in the team of the week in your Career as a Player