This a a step-by-step walkthrough guide for completing Mission 14: A Doom With A View.
- After completing mission 13, follow the ghost studs to a Vehicle Call-in Point and use it to travel back to the helicarrier. Once there, ride the elevator down into the ship’s interior. Head into the control room and talk to Nick Fury to begin this mission.
- It shouldn't take long before the bad guys show up. Fight them off the go up the stairs. If you still don't have the "It's Clobberin' Time!" achievement, playing as The Thing might be a good idea.
-After the enemies have been defeated, switch to Spider-Man head right. Activate your spider sense in the designated location and use your web on the fan that just showed up. Now switch to Captain America use his agility to climb the wall in the back left corner. Jump over the platform Spider-Man just made, destroy the object in the front of the room you are now in and build a shield switch with the loose bricks that should now be on the ground. Once that is done, throw your shield into the switch and then switch to Storm to charge the battery that has now appeared before you. This will lower a platform so everyone can jump across to the next area.
- More bad guys! Defeat them, then switch to The Thing to pull out the heavy block at the back of the room. Switch back to Captain America to activate the shield switch, then to Spider-Man to pull the next lever. Switch to Captain America and build a platform with the loose bricks the laser just made for you, then point the beam to the area just right of the laser, hold until all lights turn green and the beam stops.
- Defeat the enemies that show up, then use The Thing to smash the wall in the front of the room. Switch to Storm to charge the battery on the wall you just uncovered. Now switch back to The Thing and ride the elevator up. Defeat the enemies and break down the outside of the door, then switch to Spider-Man to finish the job.
- Use Captain America's shield to deflect the turrets gunfire back at them, and then switch to Storm to fly over the moving ground and charge the battery at the top. Now defeat the bad guys again, and switch to Spider-Man to pull down some loose bricks. Build the object, then switch to Captain America to activate the shield switch and open the door.
- Storm will again be needed to fly over the ground. Fly up, destroy the box sitting in front the battery, then build the battery, then power it. Switch to Spider-Man to use his spider sense on the door, then have The Thing break it down.
Destroy the turrets, then switch to Spider-Man to climb the wall on the left side. Destroy the box in the room at the top of wall and you will be able to build a switch. Spin the crank until that side has opened. Go to the right side now and switch to The Thing to pull out the green handled wall. Now use climb the wall and turn the crank.
- Switch to Storm to activate the battery that is now open. Once the door stops spinning, switch to The Thing to break down the door.
Welcome to space! Be sure to collect as many studs as possible!
Boss Fight- Doctor Doom:
- To start the fight, Doom will send out 20 Doombots. Defeat them and Doom will send in a fairly large fellow. The Thing will have to fight him off. When he charges at you, dodge him and he trips, then approach to attack. After taking out two of his hearts, switch to Spider-Man and toss him around a bit.
- Doom will now begin shooting lasers at the group. Build the platform for Captain America in the middle of the room, and direct the beam to the power source above Doom.
- Dr. Doom will now start zapping the team. Keep switch characters if he gets you, and attack him until he loses a heart. He will then send in another friend for The Thing. Do the same thing you did last time to fight him.
More laser action! Switch back to Captain America and repeat the steps from your last encounter. After destroying the laser and fighting the Doctor again, you will have to fight off more of his minions.
- Again, Doom will send in a big guy for The Thing. Follow the same steps as before. This time there is no laser! Just attack Doom once more and the cut-scene will begin.
Congrats! If you found this guide helpful, please continue on to my guide for mission 15: "The Good, The Bad, And The Hungry".