Par Score: 18,000
Final Score: 35,042
Par Time: 15:00
Skulls: Fog & Famine
Nothing overly special about this achievement, and I am sure there are many other ways to do it. I decided to have some fun with this and took some more time to complete it. I didn't do a complete clear, but generally targeted high score kills: Elites, Hunters, Ghosts, Banshees and Wraiths.
With most of these par score runs, I have noticed that there is a sweet spot between time and score. Even if you exceed the par time and if you have enough score built up,
you will still have plenty of score left to get the achievement once you hit the final checkpoint.
1) To the First Canyon Snow Map
- Grenade the door as it opens, hose them all down
- Blitz through the middle, killing the 2 Elites and whatever Jackals or Grunts are in your way, hang a left and head for the next door
- As you start across Bridge 1, melee the sleeping Grunts. Grab one of their Plasma Pistols.
- Shoot out the first section of glass on the floor and take out the Elite beneath you
- Run under the bridge, after you ascend grenade either corners adjacent to the door. Plasma the Elite Swordsman, that will stun him then hose him down.
- Go left when you hit Area 2, Inviso Elite here with lots of Grunts
- Health and Ammo, head to the elevator
- When you hit Area 3 go right, shoot on the move taking out an Elite and some Grunts. - Head to the next door and through the hallway
2) First Canyon Snow Map
- Take out the first Grunt on the turret on your left, and quickly take out the other Grunt on the far turret at your 1 o'clock as you come out of the door
- Bust a move to your comrades and protect them, but before you grab the Rocket Launcher and the Sniper Rifle quickly take out the Grunts and Jackals that are attacking the UNSC Troops.
- Once they are neutralized quickly grab rockets, sniper, ammo, health, grenades and take out the Elite on the Ghost.
- Get the Warthog and get 2 Troops to hop in. The 2nd passenger proves to be quite effective (Sgt. Johnson is wicked in this role with a sniper ) and acts as back up if the gunner gets killed.
- Head towards the vacant Ghost, behind a rock there are some extra rockets to top up.
- With my Warthog I took out the Banshee and Wraith in this area
: One tactic I use while driving the Warthog is to drive circles around your target in a clockwise direction. This allows your passenger to shoot from the Warthog.
: Be weary of the ice while driving, it can leave you vulnerable when you need to evade.
: The Warthog itself is a weapon, great for splattering Elites and Hunters.
- When you finished clearing the first area of the snow map, continue on and you will come across some more UNSC Troops and a Scorpion.
- It really is your discretion if you want to grab it, but personally I have a blast with the Warthog.
- Neutralize the enemies here, proceed to the next area
- Business as usual, clear the enemies. You can step out and rocket the last Wraith on top of the plateau. Head down the road, take out the 2 hunters and hit the switch for the next door.
3) Underground Structure
- Once you are inside the structure it will open up into another area. Drive around and clear this zone. Splatter, splatter, splatter.
- If you were diligent enough to protect your troops, you should have back up that follows you up. Sgt. Johnson with the sniper rifle is pretty bad ass. If you can get him as a passenger then things are golden.
4) Second Canyon Snow Map
- Follow the tunnels and after you ascend the road leading to the next area there will be a drop ship. Circle strafe the drop in a clockwise fashion.
- I did a couple of laps clearing everything in this zone. After killing the Wraith I moved on to the next area. Troops still following.
- There is another drop ship that lands more enemies, I let my troops behind take care of them and proceeded to the pillared cavern entrance that opens up to the next snow area map.
5) Third Canyon Snow Map
- On the other side of this tunnel is an Inviso Elite Swordsman. They blow up good!
- On foot you make a climb, once you crest have your sniper ready. Clear out this area and proceed to the door on the right. Two Elites just inside. I had 8 UNSC troops at this point, 2 with snipers.
- In this next area head left, melee the sleeping Grunts and assassinate the Elite. Head through the door to the next lift.
- through the corridor to the next Area, go right and fight your way around to the next door.
- through the corridor it will lead to the second set of exterior bridges
- UNSC Pistol is handy here as you need to take out the Grunts on the other side as you make your way across. On the other side is another Inviso Elite accompanied by a lot of Grunts.
- through the corridor to the next area go left, 1 Elite here, rocket ammo, health up! Head to the next door.
- this next area is a larger hallway where I used my sniper/rockets. Fun stuff!
- the next area head right, Elites and Grunts. Hit the next door
- coming back across the bridge, enemies have respawned on both sides.
- used lots of grenades on my way across, saved a rocket for another Inviso Elite at the end.
- the next room area head right. kill the grunts/jackals hit the door
- the next area is another long hallway with Inviso Elites
- through the hallway it opens up into another room area with Hunters. Good points. Clear and move on quickly. Head to the next door, just before you enter there are rockets/ammo.
6) Fourth Canyon Snow Map
- the next area is important once you open the door into fourth canyon snow map. Make sure you kill the far Crimson Elite so he won't jump into the Banshee. Having a sniper here will be advantageous. Kill the other elite and Jackal/Grunts and grab the Banshee.
- Take the Banshee to the main control room doors. Jump out, hit the switch then jump back in and be ready for the doors to open. This is the last mob, so once you clear this it is smooth sailing to the finish.