This is a great time to earn this really lousy achievement, considering the possible removal of the Snap functionality in the very near future.
You can use the "Marching Into 2017" challenge from XBOX Fitness (introduced March 1st and lasting until April 1st, 2017), mainly because it has the following important advantages:
- comes from a free
- playing Xbox Fitness (and earning the above challenge) does not
- earning the challenge requires a very limited
investment of your time (~15 mins).
Combine the above with the solution of Foerl, permitting the earning of the achievement while the challenge unlocks in another account (not your main one) and you really have no excuse not to try it.
A more detailed explanation follows:
- Sign in with your main profile (the one you want to get this achievement).
- Run the TA app.
- Find Xbox Fitness and navigate to the solution of "Marching Into 2017" challenge (there is currently one).
- Snap the TA app.
- Go to Xbox home (
) and sign in with a secondary profile -- very important, otherwise the challenge (plus two additional achievements from Xbox fitness) will register into your main profile.
- Run the Xbox Fitness game.
- Even without Kinect, you can register a personal best in a workout and gain the challenge. Simply choose the workout "Gatorade Sports Performance, Football: Recovery" (which has a very short 4:00 min duration) and watch it two times. I did not know whether this would work because, with no Kinect, Xbox Fitness awards points based only on time. But, to my surprise, the first time I watched the workout I won 1042 points and the second time 1043 points (!!!) -- obviously that was enough to get a personal best and earn the challenge. Remark by Rick HD12
: After you watch the video for the first time, you may have to rewatch it several times (not only one) until you win a personal best.
- After earning the challenge (and two more achievements from Xbox Fitness) for your secondary account, the "Challenge Accepted" achievement will unlock for your main account.
- Exit Xbox Fitness and sign out of your secondary account.
- You are now on your main account (there should be a relevant notification for your achievement in the sidebar) and you can unsnap the TA app and continue doing whatever else you want.
Before beginning, take into account the following comment by Tranierx: "...when a game/app is open, any account that is signed in will get it on their tag, even if they don't play/unlock anything Xbox Fitness will show in your XBOX LIVE account
". This means that, following the above solution, XBOX Fitness will appear on the achievements tab of the primary account in XBOX Live (with 0% progress). It will NOT
appear in your account in TrueAchievements.com. I thought this was obvious by reading the solution of Foerl (whose solution I take advantage of) but I repeat it just to be on the safe side.
Hope this helps. Remember you have until April 1st or until whenever Microsoft decides to remove the Snap functionality, whatever comes first...KIND REQUEST
: Downvoters welcome but are kindly requested to provide a reason for their negative vote, so that the solution can be improved or modified accordingly.