To beat this Encounter you have to survive 4 Waves
First Wave: The 3 Dust bosses
Second Wave: The 3 Skeleton bosses
Third Wave: The 3 Pest bosses
Fourth Wave: The 3 Lizardmen bosses
Suggested Equipment - thanks for Input @ CounterInsurgnt
Weapon: Giant War Hammer
Unlock: item is given to you upon completing Holy Forge.
Abilities: Holy, Finishers
As you string together consecutive attacks you deal greatly increased damage. Press
to trigger a force explosion.Alternatives: Huge Hammer
This weapon has an AoE stun spell which make the boss fights much more easy. If you use it clever, you can stun all bosses at once. The AoE spell is also doing damage to all affected enemies in range. Another advantage is, that the AoE spell is interrupting blockable attacks.
If you already have unlocked Dragon Tongue, it is advised to use this sword, as it is the best weapon in the game:Dragon Tongue
Unlock: Complete Petward the Monk.
Abilities: Fire, Finishers
Each hit ignites the target. Press
to shoot fire from this sword.
Artefact: Lightning Crash
Unlock: Complete Minotaur's Maze
During combat, press
to knockback and stun all enemies with a crash of lightning.
This artefact also stuns all bosses. But for a longer timeframe than your hammer. You should use it at the third and fourth wave. As the first two waves are very easy. Also dust and skeletons do fewer damage than lizardmen and pest.
Armor: Immovable Object
Unlock: Defeat the Queen of Scales
During combat, this armour grows stronger with every blow sustained.
As you have to fight 12 bosses, you will be hit often. In my opinion this armor can absorb the most damage of all available armors, as the "growing stronger" effect is very useful for a long fight.
Helmlet: Hernes Antlers
Unlock: Defeat the Jack of Scales
Lizardmen take double damage from the player's attacks.
In the last wave, the bosses can´t die before the Lizard King is dead. Because of that I use this helm, to kill the Lizard King with a quick stun -> weapon combo -> stun -> weapon combo cycle
Useful RingsRing of Justice
Using a weapon ability causes all enemies to be stunned for 10 seconds and for the ring to be destroyed at the end of that combat.Occult Ring
Unlock: Complete Cursed Treasure
The player inflicts 2 more damage for every Curse they have.Veteran's Ring
Unlock: Complete Blood Auction VI
After counter-attacking the same enemy 3 times, that enemy is marked and receives double damage from the player on all future hits.
Weapon and Artifact are very important for my tactic:1. First Wave
The bosses always spawn in front of the dealer. During the spawn phase, run to the middle boss and press
. With this your hammer, will do an AoE stun. Now you have time to attack the boss with which you have the most trouble. The dust bosses are very easy. My tactic was to kill the dust king at last, because he is more a threat to his own allys than to you. His range spell is doing damage to his own allys and if he hit them with his bombs, you have time to land a few strikes during the stun. 2. Second Wave
During the spawn phase, run again to the middle boss and press
. My first target was the skeleton column because, the column is spawning new enemys.
- Keep the bosses near together and try to kill them at once
- If one of the bosses is dead, the other bosses trying to revive him
- While casting the revive spell, the bosses lit green. Try to kill them from behind during the cast
- The hammer is doing bonus damage to skeleton. As the Range boss has the smallest amount of life of these bosses, you need only a few hits for this boss. Try to kill this boss at last
- The Skeleton King can spawn suicide bombers. If the Skeleton King is spawning them stay near the suicider to trigger their suicide bombing. You have around 2 seconds to run away if the suicide is triggered. The suicide is also doing damage to the other skeletons. So use it to your advantage3. Third Wave
In my opinion the most difficult wave. Your first target should be the range boss. Because the other two bosses are very easy to control without range enemys.
The Pest King is no danger, as he is running slowly and after a while is doing a three hit combo. After the three hit combo he is for a few seconds vulnerable and is doing nothing.
The third boss can teleport and is the most difficult boss of this encounter. To avoid being hit, always move. Don´t stand still. You can only attack if this boss is stunned or is doing nothing. After his teleports he is standing still for a few seconds. But always keep an eye on him, as his teleport moves are doing a huge amount of damageGeneral Tactic.
- During the spawn do as always the weapon spell. Focus the range boss afterwards
- Use the lightning artefact to stun all bosses. If you use it 3 times and focus each time the range boss, she should be dead.
- Be always on the go and kill the teleport boss as next
- Only attack him if he has missed you with his teleport attacks, because he is vulnerable after that
- The pest king is slow. If he is coming near, you can easily do damage with the weapon spell to him, because this spell is doing Area damage to a zone which is greater than his claw range4. Fourth Wave
Very easy wave, if you have the Hernes Antlers helmlet. Keep in mind that while the Lizard King is alive, the other bosses can´t die. But they can be damaged. General tactic:
- Use the weapon spell and the artefact to do a stun -> weapon combo -> stun -> weapon combo cycle. Fokus the Lizard King at first. If you have the helmlet, the Lizard King should be dead after the third weapon combo
- Kill the range boss afterwards. As the weapon spell and artefact has done damage previously to this boss, you should only need a few hits.
- The third boss is very slow. Mostly he is trying to hit you with his tail. This move has a very long loading time before he is doing the hit. You can simply roll to the side and hit him afterwards.Additional Tips
If you struggle with the curses this tip from LunarKnightX will help.
One thing that I try to do that I find helpful is the "Nymphs of the Sweewoods" event card, if you run into it early enough in the game anyway. It resets you to the state you were in when you fist started the game (Back in the Jack of Dust tutorial, without all the bonus gear from the items you got from the dealer.), then gives you a shield and blessing that lets you draw a gain card every 5th move. This unfortunately means you'll lose ALL your gear when you use it (hence hoping it appears early enough to re-equip yourself.). The big draw here is the fact that it also deletes your curses, ALL of them, even the ones associated with the boss you're playing against, so in the dealer game you'll stop getting new curses every floor and actually be able to get yourself some blessings before you hit the big boss rush.
Alternative to the above mentioned stunning tactic: Lil Miss Cherry has hinted that there is a heal artifact, which can be used 3 timesTime Heals
Unlock: Complete Goblins
During combat, press
to twist time and revert all damage taken in the last 10 seconds.