Omerta: City of Gangsters achievements

Omerta: City of Gangsters

3.3 from 332 votes

There are 60 Omerta: City of Gangsters achievements (50 without DLC) worth 2,858 (1,250)

3,538 tracked gamers have this game, 179 have completed it (5.06%)

2.3 from 4 votes

Buy now from the Microsoft Store

100 tracked gamers have this dlc pack, 57 have completed it (57.00%)

There are 10 achievements worth 758 (250)

There are no reviews | Estimated completion: 12-15 hours

Achievement Details

Bushido in Omerta: City of Gangsters

Bushido93 (30)

Hit 3 times with a single Rose Petals Katana attack

  • Unlocked by 62 tracked gamers (62% - TA Ratio = 3.11) 100  

Achievement Guide for Bushido

Lt Davo
154,900 (73,075)
Lt Davo
Achievement won on 18 Apr 15
TA Score for this game: 2,858
Posted on 11 May 15 at 03:44
This solution has 10 positive votes and 0 negative votes. Please log in to vote.
To unlock this achievement, you must strike the same enemy three times in one "Rose Petals" attack with a Katana sword. With the Rose Petals attack, if you get a critical strick on the first swing, your character automatically takes a second swing. If that one is also a critical strike, your character takes a third swing. If you get critical strikes on the first two swings and then a strike, critical or not, on your third swing, the achievement will unlock. Each attack consumes the same amount of AP, regardless of how many swings are taken.

If you have not yet started the neighborhood/mission "Arkansas Ave.," don't be too concerned about unlocking this achievement yet. Yes, it's theoretically possible to get it when the katana shows up in "Ventnor Ave", but your odds get so much better if you just wait. Get to Arkansas Ave., then come back and check this solution again if you still want help.

WARNING: MATH. Getting this achievement is a matter of probability. If your character's critical chance is 10%, and your hit chance on your chosen enemy is 90%, then your probability of a critical strike on your first swing is 9%. Your probability of getting two critical strikes in a row is 9% of 9%, which is 0.81%. Your probability of getting a third strike after two criticals in a row is 90% of 0.81%, or 0.729%. In other words, your odds of unlocking the achievement in the above scenario on any given attempt are 1 in 137. One thing that reduces the odds below this is that your target could die from the first or second strike, ending your chance at a third one.

WARNING: SPOILER. In the neighborhood/mission "Arkansas Ave.," you add Mikoto Mori to your gang. She has the highest Base Critical Chance of anyone in your gang - 9%. She also comes with the Hanzo katana, which affords a 10% increase in Critical Chance. She also comes spec'd with the "More Criticals" and "More Criticals II" perks, which raises her overall critical chance to 29%. Your probability of getting two critical hits in a row plus a third hit against a target with a 90% hit chance is now over 6 percent, or 1 in 16 tries. The only issue is that she also comes spec'd with "Melee Specialist" and "Vengeful" which raise her damage and therefore reduce the likelihood of the target surviving two critical strikes. So, you should respec her. The build I recommend is:

More Criticals
Fleet of Feet
Critical Strike
More Criticals II
Smarts Training (level 7)
Savvy II (Level 8)
Short-Tempered (Level 9)
More Criticals III (Level 10)

If you follow this build for Mikoto Mori, she will have will have 24 base critical chance by the time you reach the combat in Mission 9, "Margate." Add the 10 percent boost from the Hanzo, and her overall critical chance will be 34 percent. On an enemy with a 90% hit chance, you will have a 8.4% chance of unlocking the achievement per attempt. That equals 1 out of every 12 tries. Simply take Mikoto on every combat and use her Rose Petals attack every chance you get, and it's only a matter of time before you will unlock it. If you don't want to use Mikoto - or can't for story reasons - then pick another character, respec him/her as indicated above, equip him/her with the Hanzo and go for it.
Please log in to comment on this solution.
Do you have a question about this achievement? Please post it in the Omerta: City of Gangsters Forum