For those voting negative, please free to comment any additions/changes you feel would help the clarity or fix any problems you believe there are. Thank you
As lucas1987 suggested, here is a macro based solution. It might require some monitoring, but after 10 minutes I have not had any issues with it running continuously without intervention. This could help if you're not interested in working on it for 10+ hours straight to get it. Distance does count even if you lose so it will count even though it might not guarantee the most distance added to your total.
1) Download Project My Screen. Download link can be found here (only works properly with Windows 8 Machines, Windows 7 does not recognize mouse clicks):http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=4253...
2) Download TinyTask at the following website:http://www.vtaskstudio.com/support.php
3) Level Notes:
Original: Go to Point Level 1. On this level, there is a spot where you can click both the level and the lines from the same spot.
Update: Point Level 47 works in the same manner but likely gives more meters per run as per lucas1987. It also appears you are more likely to win on this level.
NOTE: Any level with the setup I mentioned allows for the easiest possible Macro. Lucas's solution would work as well for selecting multiple points, but it could make the setup a lot more complication because of the chance of backing out of the level select screen or changing the level. That is why I would recommend a level where you don't need to move the mouse.
4) Record a short macro of you clicking the same area a few times which will start the level and set the point. A small area of clicks right at the center intersection would give you a decent amount of distance per run and will always click the level tile as well so even if the level takes a little longer it won't mess up the flow. I would suggest setting the hotkeys as follows:
- F8 for Record
- Print Screen for Playback
5) Start running the macro after selecting the option to run the macro continuously.
6) Monitor occasionally to make sure that the points you clicked are not right on top of another dot. There are two other dots on the level so it is possible although unlikely.
EDIT: There have been a couple occasions where the point I placed in the macro lined up exactly with the enemy points. Therefore, you may want to have a couple clicks all in that small zone of the level tile so this does not pop up. Not a huge problem and easy to fix.
UPDATE: Achievement Unlocked. I ran it overnight for 7+ hours and it unlocked right before I woke. By having a few extra clicks right at the center, it ran without a hick-up the whole time.
(For those of you looking for a non-macro based solution, you can easily grind the Point Level 47 above for the 10+ hours required to earn this achievement. A less "grindy" option would be to attempt to earn gold on all 250 levels. That would at least keep it slightly more interesting even though you wouldn't be really earning any other achievements for the 10+ hours of playing other levels)
NOTE 2: As experienced by MoneyShot360, it is possible for the game to cause your phone to freeze lose all progress. As a result, it might be better to monitor in 1 hour (or shorter) intervals. This hurts the ability of the solution, but it might be necessary depending on how powerful your phone is.