There really is a way to boost this. Cheesy, but it does work. All the way through the 10 games you'll need.
First, it'd be nice to have a decent team. Try to do the skills trainer first or play some games so you've earned some good players. Not talking 80+, just high 70s or so if possible. Then do the following:
1. Adjust your lineup to make your best overall team.
2. Swap bad players at every position so that your top players aren't starters.
3. Try to get your team to about 57-59 overall.
4. Have a friend do the same.
5. Search at exactly the same time. You match based on skill level.
6. If you don't match (and I mean you don't both see the screen change at the same time), you can:
a. Both press the home button and quit Madden, or
b. Go into the game, pause at the first opportunity (after the kickoff), go into depth chart and choose your best lineup. Since you probably matched against a 60 or so, you should be able to beat them reasonably easy.
You have 2 potential losses to give, so keep trying to match.IMPORTANT!!
When you match, play through the games at least a while. Let the winner score a few TDs. Use Chew Clock to speed up the game. Finishing the games is better than always quitting out, since EA has been known to ban players who constantly quit. Play some, and then you can't really be blamed because they're the ones who matched you in the first place.