Forza Motorsport 6 achievements
4,165
(1,500)

Forza Motorsport 6

4.6 from 3183 votes

There are a maximum of 95 Forza Motorsport 6 achievements (56 without DLC) worth 4,165 (1,500)

63,044 tracked gamers have this game, 427 have completed it (0.68%)

Achievement Details

Thru the Pack in Forza Motorsport 6

Thru the Pack146 (20)

This is a rare achievementStart last and finish first in a Multiplayer Race with 24 cars

  • Unlocked by 1,198 tracked gamers (2% - TA Ratio = 7.27) 63,044  

Achievement Guide for Thru the Pack

AuthorSolution
Cecil Kilmer
457,071 (251,680)
Cecil Kilmer
Achievement won on 05 Mar 16
TA Score for this game: 2,515
Posted on 28 February 16 at 17:22, Edited on 08 March 16 at 00:28
This solution has 46 positive votes and 1 negative vote. Please log in to vote.
In order to get this achievement, you need to be in 24th place at the start of a public multiplayer race, and finish in first (exception being the Le Mans track, where you need to be 23rd).

There *is* a way to manipulate the start position! Every time the host starts a new pre-lobby, when you launch into the lobby, so long as no one drops after joining the event lobby, the order of the lobby that the host (the person who launched from pre-lobby into the lobby) sees is the starting grid order (that means the host will always be 1st, and whoever connects to the lobby last will be in last).

NOTE: The order may be different on reverse courses, as I saw odd and even numbers flip from the lobby order (1 and 2 flipped, 3 and 4 flipped, etc, 23 and 24 flipped). Also, there may be another variable here I haven't discovered, as the above method works 85% of the time, but occasionally jumbles order a bit. I haven't been able to nail down the specifics of why it's sometimes jumbled.

The order people are listed in the pre-lobby has no impact, it all comes down to the lobby order. If people disconnect from the lobby and rejoin, that still impacts the order, everyone has to only join with no disconnects.

To manipulate the order:
- The host creates a new pre-lobby, and everyone joins on the host
- Have the person who will be 24th drop from the pre-lobby (or just not join), so you have 23 in the pre-lobby.
- The 24th person should be in their own pre-lobby for multiplayer, to minimize joining time.
- Host launches into a hopper category
- When the host sees the lobby screen load, tell the 24th person to join on them
- 24th person joins on host
- Host should confirm all 24 people are in the lobby and the correct person is 24th.
- Launch the match, and the 24th person wins the race.
- Everyone backs all the way out, host creates a *new* pre-lobby (not sufficient to pull people from lobby back to pre-lobby)
- Repeat

Edited on 2016-03-05: Clarified needing to re-create the pre-lobby each time to reset ordering.

Edited on 2016-03-07: Added note that this method seems to work about 85% of the time and will on rare occasions not have the correct start grid order. I haven't been able to determine the missing variable that influences the change in the remaining 15% of the time.
There are 13 comments relating to this Solution | Please log in to comment on this solution.
There is 1 other Solution for this achievement
Do you have a question about this achievement? Please post it in the Forza Motorsport 6 Forum