Okay, after scouring the internet looking for any advice on how to do this, I finally managed to figure out how to successfully trade a player on the market. Below is a step-by-step guide to how I boosted this on my own using a two profiles on the same Xbox.
Profile 1 = P1 = the SELLER, and is the profile on which you want to get the achievement.
Profile 2 = P2 = the BUYER, and is the helper/dummy profile.Step 1 - Prepare the League
1) Sign in with P1 and load the game.
2) Go to "Team & League Management" in the main menu and hit
to move to the "Leagues" tab.
3) Create a new multiplayer
league. Give it an easy-to-remember and easy-to-type name, select an icon, and hit
to create it. The game will ask you if you want to create a Competition; go ahead and say yes.
4) Name the competition anything you want; its name is not important. Choose Round Robin, and make sure to set the number of teams to 10 or fewer (you may only add up to 8 AI teams to a competition). Hit
to create it.
5) Now back out one level of the League menus by hitting
6) Use the D-Pad to navigate down from to "Open the Market" and hit
7) Now back out to the main menu by hitting
Step 2 - Prepare the team/player to be sold
1) If you already have a team with a level 7 player you want to get rid of, great. If not, use the guide for the "Favour of the Grey College" to get a player up to 7th level in a matter of minutes. This will be the player that you are selling on the market.
2) Once you have your level 7 player, go into "Team and League Management" and select the team with the player you want to sell.
to move the the "Team Roster" tab. Use the D-Pad to navigate the selection to the player you want to sell, and press
to open the player.
to put the player on the market. You can adjust the price of the player, but you will get an error if you attempt to set the price to anything less than its actual value. For our purposes, leave it at the default value.
to approve the price. Hit
twice to back out two levels.
6) Chek that your player is on the market by hitting
to move over to the "My Transfers" tab. You choose see your player in the list. If he's there, hit
to go to the main menu.
Step 3 - Register your Buyer Team
and choose "Change User." log in as Profile 2. There will be a warning that unsaved changes will be lost, that's fine. Accept and move forward.
2) IN PROFILE 2, select "Teams & League Management" from the main menu.
3) Choose or create a team of the EXACT SAME TYPE as the team you are selling the player from. This only worked for me when they were the exact same teams - I used Dwarfs as I had a team with a 7th-level player from trying to get an Agility upgrade. If you are creating a new team, just buy 11 of the cheapest player on your team and buy no additional enhancements (cheerleaders, assistant coaches, etc.). Of you have your assistants buy your guys for you, it's no big deal, since you can sell players back for full price.
4) Back out to the main menu, then choose "Play in a League."
5) Navigate to your buyer team, and then hit
to search for your league.
6) Choose Multiplayer, and then enter that easy-to-remember, easy-to-type League name into the search field, then D-pad down to "Search."
7) Presumably, your League will appear on the right,. There may be others that share your name, so make sure to find yours. Hit
to Register to that league.
Step 4 - Make a bid
1) If you have enough money in treasury (upper right corner of the screen) to buy your
Level 7 player, great! If not, sell players until you have enough cash.
to go to "Team Roster" and use the D-pad to move down to "Buy a player"
to move to the "Transfers" tab, and your Level 7 player should be listed as available. Select the player with
to make a bid.
until you're back at the main menu.
Step 5 - Complete the sale
and change back to Profile 1.
2) Go to Team & League Management
3) Stay in "My Teams" and open up the team that is selling the player.
over to "Team Roster," select "Buy a Player," and then
5) Select the player that you are trying to sell using the D-pad, and hit
to open him up.
to view bids.
7) navigate to the bid you want to use, and hit
to accept the bid. The Achievement will unlock after a short delay.
If anybody has trouble with this, PLEASE let me know. I've tried this twice and was successfully able to conduct the transaction both times.
Good Luck, and may your rerolls always be better