To get this achievement you must unlock all 3 tokens of the Merchant Guard quest chain.
Conditions for beating each encounter:
Merchants In Distress 1: Land on this card, then defeat 3 Goblins. After the battle choose Question the merchant more and pick a Success card (Chance 1/4).
Merchants In Distress 2: Land on this card, then defeat 2 monster cards. After the battle choose Ask him about his gang and pick a Huge Success card (Chance 1/4).
Merchants In Distress 3: Land on this card, then defeat 1 monster and 1 King of Plague cards.
- Using this fate you get 20% discounts at merchants, but you will always be ambushed at Travelling Tinker, Travelling Jeweller and Shop cards. Aside from that, this fate doesn't change much to the default gameplay.
- Beat each ambush encounter on the floor (including the ones at the aforementioned merchants) before moving on to the next floor, if you don't, you get cursed. To save time, leave the Ambush card out of your deck (see deck suggestions below).
- Get a decent Weapon and Armour card that allow you to breeze through the Merchants In Distress battles. Aside from that, avoid combat encounters to save time.
- Run the Jack of Scales story campaign. It's quick, easy and (depending on your luck) has a chance approximately between 1/2 and 3/4 of encountering the relevant Merchants In Distress card.
- If you have unlocked the Ring of Hindsight, locate the exit of the current floor as soon as possible, knowledge is power!
- If you fail a Merchants In Distress chance draw or combat encounter, feel free to use the quit trick (before the current encounter is completed, you can quit the game using the Xbox One Dashboard, this prevents the game autosaving. Upon reloading the game, the game's progress is reset to immediately after the previous encounter).
- If these are the only tokens you're going for: forfeit as soon as the token is unlocked, also forfeit if the Merchants In Distress card is not dealt in your current run.
Encounter cards (32):
- "No combat" resource cards (24): The Lonely Bard, Wandering Minstrels, Metal Ore, The Maiden, Holy Forge, Twisted Canyon, The Lovers, Stranger in the Shadows, Shop, Desert of the Damned, The Tavern, Tavern Wager, Maze of Traps, A Wife's Fury, Angry Guild Master, Treasure Chest, Soul Gem, Loan, Mister Lionel, Food Wagon, Marketplace, Old Graveyard, Trading Post, Ghost of the Sea
- Combat resource cards (2): Soldier's Training, Dead King's Hall
- Quit-out cards (3): Secret Society, Soldiers on Leave. Treasure Trove
- Possible quit-out cards (don't quit out if they can't overwrite more useful cards on the floor or if you still need good Equipment cards) (3): Devil's Wager, A Merchant's Favour, Hero's Remains
Equipment cards (20):
Weapons (4): Dragon Tongue, Thunderstrike, Blood Crescent, Skeleton King Sword
Shields (2): Dragon Shield, Innocence
Armour (4): Armour of the Watcher, Dragon Armour, Depth of Night, Mithril
Helms (2): Dragon Helm, Oracle's Diadem
Gloves (3): Hag's Wraps, Mage Gloves, Dragon Claws
Artefacts (1): Lightning Crash
Rings (4): Ring of Reward, King's Ring, Soldier's Ring, Occult Ring
Fill with your favorite Equipment cards.