You will need 3 items to start the Incubation
- Installation of Incubator Segment
- An Incubator Power Core
- A Kubrow Egg Acquiring the Segment
The Incubator Segment is obtained in the first mission of the Howl of the Kubrow
quest. The quest unlocks after defeating the Venus Boss: The Jackal
located on Fossa. Quests are accessible through Navigation
to bring up your Quest
menu. Upon completion of the first mission, you'll receive the Incubator Segment. Install it into the Incubator, just right of the Mods station.Building the Power Core
Next is the Incubator Power Core. The blueprint for this can be purchased from the Market for 50,000cr.
Building a Power Core requires an additional:
- 4,500 Nano Spores
- 2 Control Modules
- 1 Argon Crystal
Once you have acquired all the components, it will take 8 hrs to assemble. You also have the option to purchase a Power Core from the market for 35pKubrow Egg
Final piece is the Egg. You can either:
- Purchase an Egg from the Market for 10p
- Get one as a reward from an Alert Mission
- Farm Kubrow Dens on Earth and wait for one to drop.
If you continue the Kubrow Quest, the next step happens to be finding an Egg. The quest takes you to E-Prime, Earth. However, it's an Extermination mission and a bit long. Since there's no guarantee the Egg will drop, you may have to repeat the mission until one does. Not very good for farming. A quicker mission is Pacific, Earth. It's a simple Capture mission. There are quite a few Kubrow Dens on this map, as wells as 2-3 dens at the extraction point. I got my Egg on Pacific in about 8-9 attempts. Other Notes
- Eggs CANNOT be traded
- Players can only hold 1 egg
in their inventory at a time.
- Incubation period for the Kubrow Egg is 48 hrs.
- This achievement is NOT retroactive
, so you'll have to grow a new Kubrow.
- Achievement unlocked as soon as I started the process, using random stats.
- DNA stabilizers are NOT required
for the achievement.