I can confirm that, in fact, codecs and sarcophagi do respawn if you get far enough from them
, so, if you wanted, you could unlock this achievement by looting the same crypt five times. I got it using three crypts, looting one of them three times.
As you can see, I have three codecs (medium artifacts) and two sarcophagi (large artifacts), with only 4 crypts discovered (and had to skip one because it had a spike pit trap). The screencap is in spanish, sorry, but you can check the numbers on lines 2, 3 and 4 of the stats..
Also, I believe that after last patch (Jan 26, 2016) the achievement has been made simpler, and the dreaded floor spike traps are less frequent. I'm not sure about this, but is my perception, having played before and after the patch.
So, here are a few main rules for this achievement:
- Obviously, select the "Skillful raider" challenge
before starting the endurance run.
- "Well read" or "Tomb Raider" cards are almost fundamental
, as they give you the ability of showing traps in red when you use your survival sense. Use one of those two cards. Cards like "Toxicity" / "Boomtown" for infinite arrows, any master outfit for all skills, "Small game hunter" or "Bloodlust" to help with hunger, or "Hot Blooded" to help with cold could make your life easier. My setup was: "Sacra Umbra Master Outfit" + "Small Game Hunter" + "Well read" + "Hot blooded" + "Toxicity".
- As the other guide says, avoid the crypts with spike pit floor traps
. These can mess your achievement in a second, as some of those can't be avoided without triggering them, and some others will trigger even if you don't touch them. Also, shooting them voids the achievement. So, if you spot one of these, turn back and look for another crypt.
- You can shoot the pressure plate traps
from a distance to avoid them easily.
- Don't get too confident after reaching the treasure, and keep looking for traps on your way out
, because some of those could respawn.
- Once you have found and looted an easy crypt, run away from it in a straight line until the crypt marker disappears
from your survival view. Try to have always on your mind the direction where the crypt is located. After the marker dissapears, go back. The marker will show again, and when you reach the crypt, the treasure will be lootable again. Be careful, because some traps will respawn, and new ones could appear in different places.
- If you go back and treasure hasn't respawned, go away again and wait a day or night before going back to the crypt.
- If you find a new crypt while running away from the previous one, check it, but make sure you know where the prior one is located from the entrance of the new crypt, so you can go back later. And remember, spike pit means turning back.
- Be careful: from day 5 onward, some enemies could spawn inside the crypts
If you follow these rules, the achievement should pop easily. I did it first try, unlocking it during day 5.