EDIT: There was a glitch discovered that allows for earning Wanted much more quickly than Hangman's NOOSE permits. With this in mind, here is the Hangman's NOOSE guide I wrote in case you you want to utilize a non-glitch method, unedited.
Hangman's NOOSE, by far, is the most effective way to reach rank 10 without using glitches. I spent nearly 100 hours playing this one mini-game to unlock this achievement, if you need a scale of how truly long this is going to take. The following is a guide I wrote for the game "Hangman's NOOSE" originally on the website xbox360achievements.org, here is a link:http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=75...
In my recent hunt for the "Wanted" achievement, I have come across problems involving inexperienced players. Because of this, I felt compelled to write a guide of sorts to try and help new Hangman's NOOSE players understand the fineries of playing the game.
It takes more total Hangman's NOOSE playtime to unlock "Wanted" then it does for most players to 100% the main game. Because of this, Hangman's NOOSE is a game played constantly by GTA 4 achievement hunters.
This thread is here to help people understand how to complete Hangman's NOOSE quickly, using the fastest known way to finish the mission. There are slight variations and little quirks to the way everyone plays this game, and you will develop your own. Experience at playing this game is just about required for you to become a good player of it. My hope is that this thread will help people go strait from "having no idea how to play" to "knows the correct techniques but has yet to master them" so that experienced players don't have to be messed up in the learning process.
--=How to set up the game as the party leader=--
As the party leader, your game's rules should look like this:
* Mission Difficulty- Hard--- you get 2500$ for winning on easy, 3500$ with medium, and 4500$ with hard. All easy and medium do that is different than hard is giving you a few extra lives.
* Friendly Fire- Off
* Auto Aim- Allow
* Traffic- Parked
* Pedestrians- Off
* Gamertag Display- On
* Ridicule Health- On
* Voice Chat- On
* Time of Day- Your choice, I prefer midnight though
* Weather- Clear
* Description- Doesn't matter
* Radio Station- Your choice, I prefer Liberty Rock though
* Kick Player- Use this to boot players
--=General Tips for Everyone=--
* - Stick with your job
* - The airport cart is first come first serve, the first to get to the cart are the helicopter getters
* - Don't use grenades in excess, they tend to just blow up your own team more than your enemies
* - Don't try to get Petrovic to the extraction in any besides a helicopter
* - The jump may be fun to go off of with the cart, but it slows you down, so don't go off it
* - Don't get in the way of the Petrovic Picker Upper, and try to listen to his orders, he usually dishes them out for a good reason
* - Communication is key, talk with your team at all times and tell each other things they need to know
* - If you don't have a microphone, you should most definitely buy one
* - If a player meaningfully makes your team lose, avoid them so that you have a low chance of playing with them again
* - Boot these types of players and warn everyone of the player if you happen to play a second game with the same person
* - Petrovic's AI is horrible 80% of the time, so get used to it
* - A message saying either "get transport" or "your team has transport" will appear once your shooters have 15 kills
* - A message saying "Petrovic has transport" will appear when your team either has Petrovic in the chopper or someone who doesn't know how to play has picked up Petrovic in a car, van, etc
* -Don't expect to get the same job every time, because you won't
* -It is just as easy to do this mission with 3 people as it is with 4 people. The Extraction Point Person's job is by no means required with 3 people, so if you ever play a game with 3, have 2 shooters and 1 Petrovic Picker Upper
the following are all of the possible "jobs" as I call them. Each of these jobs must be done (minus Extraction Point Person with a 3 person team) for a game to be completed. You have be able to do each of the following jobs, as you will be required to do each and every task at one point or another.
--=Petrovic Picker Upper=--
This job belongs to the person who picks up Petrovic and the 2 shooters with a helicopter. A good grasp on general helicopter flying, fast landing, and low flying techniques will really help you with this job.
Get in the airport buggy that will take you and the Extraction Point Person to the helicopters. It doesn't matter if you drive, just do whatever is fastest. If you can use the faster route consistently without hitting everything, take that path. If not, the slightly slower path is fine.
Once you arrive at the helicopters, the best stopping method is to ram into the northern-most red and white short wall that surrounds the helicopter pads. You get into the northern helicopter, as your job is much more urgent than the Extraction Point Person's job.
Get into the helicopter, fly low (without hitting things) and fly in the direction of Petrovic. When you start to get close, hold the RB trigger, you want to be facing the same direction as Petrovic's jet when you close in on it. This is so that you can approach at a high speed, then lean to the right and hit the gas. The quickest stopping method on a helicopter possible (while in the air) is to lean in the direction that your momentum isn't going then trying to fly in that direction. Time your stop correctly, and then lower yourself onto the yellow arrow. When landing, be sure that the yellow arrow has vanished to be sure that you have landed in an area that Petrovic will respond to. If the Shooters do not have enough kills, tell them to kill more people, as for some reason they tend to not realize that they have yet to get their kills.
Once Petrovic and your two shooters are in the chopper, take off. Now, this is the part that separates the new players from the experienced ones. The trick here is to fly as low as humanly possible without hitting things. Why? Because gaining and losing altitude slows down your forward motion, which makes you lose time. As soon as you take off, cut your distance close with the hangers in front of you, as your shooters may be close to dieing. Now just fly forward, gaining small amounts of height as needed.
At this point, the Extraction Point Person should be on the extraction point. Here is where you crash land. The biggest problem here is the scoreboard on the east side of the field. And it just so happens that the east side of the field is the quickest side to enter from. Try to stay at a height that is just above the scoreboard as you approach it. Right before you go over it, hit the decelerator, still moving at full speed. If all goes well, your Extraction Point Person may go flying 250 feet, and the game will end.
A few things to remember as a Petrovic Picker Upper:
* -Altitude is your enemy, fly low, but don't crash
* -Try to check if your Extraction Point Person is actually on the point, as if he is not your perfect crash landing will turn into the game continuing with you possibly flying into the water with a mutilated helicopter
* -Petrovic's AI is horrible, so don't get too mad if he falls over, sits there for 5 seconds, stands up, stands there for 5 seconds, THEN continues as he was supposed to
* -If you crash into the water with Petrovic, it is extremely hard to get him back out
* -If your helicopter is on fire or it loses its tail, you can pick up a health pack for it to be back to 100% health, with a brand new tail
--=Extraction Point Person=--
As the Extraction Point Person, you have the laziest and the easiest job. The only thing you have to worry about is getting to the extraction point before the rest of your team does, which really isn't that hard to do.
Get in the airport buggy that will take you and the Petrovic Picker Upper to the helicopters. It doesn't matter if you drive, just do whatever is fastest. If you can use the faster route consistently without hitting everything, take that path.
Once you arrive at the helicopters, the best stopping method is to ram into the northern-most red and white short wall that surrounds the helicopter pads. You get into the southern, farther away helicopter, as your job is less urgent than the Petrovic Picker Upper's job.
To start, go headshot the two NOOSE members by the armored van adjacent to your helicopter. Get into your helicopter, and head to the extraction point.
The extraction point is on the north-eastern part of Charge Island, in the center of the baseball field. Try to get over there quickly, as if your team mates do especially well they could be over there in a short amount of time. As you approach the field, the best way to stop your helicopter is to crash into the trees/the scoreboard on the eastern side of the field. Once you stop, get out of your helicopter and stand in the center of the field. Do not for any reason leave the center of the field. At this point, you have done your job.
A few things to remember as an Extraction Point Person:
* -If there are only 3 people in your game, this is the job does not need to be done
* -Don't try to kill pedestrians around the field for a few spare bucks, half the time it will result in very angry team mates who flew into the water because you were not on the center
* -Don't follow your Petrovic Picker Upper to give him "back-up." You do not help, and when you do so, your Petrovic Picker Upper can't crash land
* -The yellow marker does not have to be there for you to head to the point
* -Don't take the northern helicopter, you don't need the 10 seconds it takes to get the southern one, your Petrovic Picker Upper does
As the shooter, you and another player (who is also a shooter) kill NOOSE members while your Petrovic Picker upper and your Extraction Point Person get the helicopters.
Your only real job is to bring your team's total kills to 15 so that Petrovic is willing to get out of his jet. As soon as you have 15 or more kills, get into the Petrovic Picker Upper's chopper so that he can take off as soon as Petrovic gets in the chopper. Be sure to shoot out of the sides of the chopper to fend off the NOOSE members who get too close to you. As soon as Petrovic, gets in the chopper and your Petrovic Picker Upper has gotten you away from the airport, sit back and enjoy the ride.
A few things to remember as a Shooter:
* -Always try to get head shots on the NOOSE members, it will get you a lot more kills
* -When possible, grab a NOOSE assault rifle. They are way more accurate, allowing you to get long distance head shots
* -Do not for any reason try to pick up Petrovic in a car/bike/NOOSE van to take him to the extraction. A Helicopter is much, much faster, and you will not be helping your team by taking him to the extraction in a car
* -If your helicopter flier somehow can't pick up Petrovic, you can get Petrovic in a car to try and bring him to a safe helicopter pick-up location. DO NOT do this if not absolutely required for Petrovic to not die
* -If you and your fellow shooter die at the same time when a NOOSE member is close to Petrovic, it is game over. The game thinks of it as nobody protecting Petrovic and you will lose
* -Don't leave Petrovic's general area (aka the area where NOOSE members are most abundant) while waiting for the chopper to pick everyone up
* -Get to the helicopter that is going to pick you and Petrovic up ASAP when it lands. You will not help by shooting as you run to the chopper
* -Don't try to run people over, shooting is far more effective. If you say it isn't, you aren't aiming for heads
The only other problem that you may experience are the players that meaningfully keep your team from winning that I mentioned before. All they do is mess up your team without the want to win the game. You really can't deal with them, as winning is a total team effort. If one person isn't on the extraction, then nobody can win. I suggest leaving the game via your cellphone if you meet one of these types of players. As said before, they are not there to win, so with one of them in your party, you can't win.
Well, that's about all I have to say. Happy playing, and good luck with unlocking the prestigious "Wanted" achievement.